• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Cross shopping Dark Horse with C8/M4

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
BMW pig snout front ends are no go's.
What I find just plain cra-cray is that with a little paint you re-establish the 6" wide divider across the GIANT buckteeth so now it's 4 not quite identical orifices. WAY better.

The C8 is numb. Go drive one for an hour down twisty roads. It's way more capable than any factory Mustang but it feels dead. The SS/1LE was also a scalpel but felt insulated. The Mustang is 'lively' but imprecise.

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
What I find just plain cra-cray is that with a little paint you re-establish the 6" wide divider across the GIANT buckteeth so now it's 4 not quite identical orifices. WAY better.

The C8 is numb. Go drive one for an hour down twisty roads. It's way more capable than any factory Mustang but it feels dead. The SS/1LE was also a scalpel but felt insulated. The Mustang is 'lively' but imprecise.
You know what you are talking about...The C8 is no sportscar but a comfortable cruiser trying to look like a Ferrari.The SS1LE is very precise and easy to drive unlike any snap-oversteer C6 or C7 Vette but kind of boring as not playful as the LT1 neither feels revvy nor powerful but still more powerful than a Coyote...LOL PLayful I mean it does not rotate into turns that make a Challenger WB so fun as also surfing the Wave of Torque acerbated by the short 3.90 if you opt for the Tremec 6060....Same with the new M2 that is fun and practical except for missing V8 music and the dreaded touchscreens that show pawprints all the time...The Mustang sounds the best and the Tremec is good as are the Brembos put it feels like the front and rear axle play on different teams...Understeer/oversteer and of cause lack of low to mid range Torque that makes it feel slow below 4500 rpm....

Jays Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse
You know what you are talking about...The C8 is no sportscar but a comfortable cruiser trying to look like a Ferrari.The SS1LE is very precise and easy to drive unlike any snap-oversteer C6 or C7 Vette but kind of boring as not playful as the LT1 neither feels revvy nor powerful but still more powerful than a Coyote...LOL PLayful I mean it does not rotate into turns that make a Challenger WB so fun as also surfing the Wave of Torque acerbated by the short 3.90 if you opt for the Tremec 6060....Same with the new M2 that is fun and practical except for missing V8 music and the dreaded touchscreens that show pawprints all the time...The Mustang sounds the best and the Tremec is good as are the Brembos put it feels like the front and rear axle play on different teams...Understeer/oversteer and of cause lack of low to mid range Torque that makes it feel slow below 4500 rpm....
I have never had so many people stop and compliment me on a 72K vehicle. DH w HP in vapor blue. I love driving it. I plan on adding a SC so horse power concerns are not an issue for me. I love the DH. It is a pure joy to drive.

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
You know what you are talking about...The C8 is no sportscar but a comfortable cruiser trying to look like a Ferrari.
The C8, not a sports car? Anything you typed past that point was.... pointless.

OP
OP
Mustang406

Mustang406

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10

I disagree that that the C8 is "numb" but if you are saying it is a lot less drama than a Mustang I 100% agree. My Mach 1 at the limit was pretty bouncy and loud. C8 is not.

OP
OP
Mustang406

Mustang406

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
I have never had so many people stop and compliment me on a 72K vehicle. DH w HP in vapor blue. I love driving it. I plan on adding a SC so horse power concerns are not an issue for me. I love the DH. It is a pure joy to drive.
The Vapor blue does look insanely good. Ford Performance is supposed to be releasing the SC kit specifically for DH this summer. They just released the GT version not sure what the difference would be.

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
The C8, not a sports car? Anything you typed past that point was.... pointless.
Try one and you will see it is a cruiser and not a drivers car that you can shift , hear the engine inside , that loves to rev and can be tossed into turns and is fun and playful to do so...Nothing of that in a C8...Only numbers as in decend zero to 100 times because above that it runs out of steam quick.Years ago I neded a new car because my C5Z06 got totaled ( i was not even driving it) I tried a C7 (half the fun) , Mach 1 (best sounding and good shifter/brakes but way to much movement in the chassis) and ended up with a gen6 SS1LE...Good chassis but the engine felt not exiting and the interior plastics and visibility of better lack of it was plain awful.Five years later tried the new Mustang and thought looks better but the rest is the same and ended up with a car that I never tried because I thought it was a boat that actually turned out to be the most fun (Challenger WB manual) except for the C5 Z06 with the garbage bag interior a car whose looks I still love....

OP
OP
Mustang406

Mustang406

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
Try one and you will see it is a cruiser and not a drivers car that you can shift , hear the engine inside , that loves to rev and can be tossed into turns and is fun and playful to do so...Nothing of that in a C8...Only numbers as in decend zero to 100 times because above that it runs out of steam quick.Years ago I neded a new car because my C5Z06 got totaled ( i was not even driving it) I tried a C7 (half the fun) , Mach 1 (best sounding and good shifter/brakes but way to much movement in the chassis) and ended up with a gen6 SS1LE...Good chassis but the engine felt not exiting and the interior plastics and visibility of better lack of it was plain awful.Five years later tried the new Mustang and thought looks better but the rest is the same and ended up with a car that I never tried because I thought it was a boat that actually turned out to be the most fun (Challenger WB manual) except for the C5 Z06 with the garbage bag interior a car whose looks I still love....
How many C8s have you driven and where? Because what you are describing is nothing like what I experience in mine.

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
I’ve driven quite a few C8s since 2020 and I’m going to have to disagree with you.

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2024 GT (soon)
I love my Scat Pack too, but it's not nearly the car a C8 is.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Ive driven a few C8s and I thought they were too quiet even with the performance exhaust option- they need some serious exhaust work

GMs small block is a good motor but lacks personality ....

I think it was a little soft as well..... definitely fast- but less of a connected feeling when driving it - dont get me wrong- they are great cars - and I have no doubt they would set a faster lap time then most factory Mustangs

I cant put my finger on it but there was just something missing for me

Its interesting because I have 2 friends that own C8 Z51` and Z06- own both cars right now.....they both agree that they think their C8 Z51 is not that engaging - but that the Z06 remedied that

They keep the C8 base cars for road trips - and use the Z06s for Sunday morning drives - plus they also have daily drivers -

Hell- one of them has a C8 Z51, Z06 Z07, new GT3, Huracan Performonte, 23 911 Turbo S, and dailys a G wagon - they actually called their C8 a relaxed cruiser with little drama - but didnt feel it was a pure drivers car- but love it for road trips - they thought it was more of a touring car

OP
OP
Mustang406

Mustang406

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
Ive driven a few C8s and I thought they were too quiet even with the performance exhaust option- they need some serious exhaust work

GMs small block is a good motor but lacks personality ....

I think it was a little soft as well..... definitely fast- but less of a connected feeling when driving it - dont get me wrong- they are great cars - and I have no doubt they would set a faster lap time then most factory Mustangs

I cant put my finger on it but there was just something missing for me

Its interesting because I have 2 friends that own C8 Z51` and Z06- own both cars right now.....they both agree that they think their C8 Z51 is not that engaging - but that the Z06 remedied that

They keep the C8 base cars for road trips - and use the Z06s for Sunday morning drives - plus they also have daily drivers -

Hell- one of them has a C8 Z51, Z06 Z07, new GT3, Huracan Performonte, 23 911 Turbo S, and dailys a G wagon - they actually called their C8 a relaxed cruiser with little drama - but didnt feel it was a pure drivers car- but love it for road trips - they thought it was more of a touring car
If you are used to a choppy big cam V8 or a high revving flat plane crank engine then sure the LT2 is probably a bit too tame. I'll also agree that inside the car even with top off the exhaust could be louder for sure.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
If you are used to a choppy big cam V8 or a high revving flat plane crank engine then sure the LT2 is probably a bit too tame. I'll also agree that inside the car even with top off the exhaust could be louder for sure.

One of my buddies added exhaust- forgot which one- but it definitely changed the experience of the car...what is amazing to me about the C8 is how incredibly well it gets out of the hole on the street....

I also like the interior of the C8 alot- I know people complain about the row of buttons- but I really like the feeling of sitting inside them.....

One of my buddy has the glass roof option- if I bought one I would 100% pay for that- although I think the top would be off 90% of the time lol

Not going to lie- even though the motor doesnt quite do it for me- about every few months I build one on the Chevy website lol
Sponsored