• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What are you cross shopping?

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
You will love the vette. Just wondering which dealer are you waiting for allocation?
I am going to order one from my local small dealer. Really want a convertible C8. I will probably get an allocation sometime next year. In the meantime I have ordered a Dark Horse. Maybe I will like the DH so much I don’t order the vette, but I doubt it. They are totally different and in a different class.
Sponsored

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z
I am going to order one from my local small dealer. Really want a convertible C8. I will probably get an allocation sometime next year. In the meantime I have ordered a Dark Horse. Maybe I will like the DH so much I don’t order the vette, but I doubt it. They are totally different and in a different class.
well if you wanted to get the vette sooner, I would suggest contacting Turner Chevy in Harrisburg PA. I got mine there and I was there a couple weeks ago checking out the owners new Z06 and I was talking with the corvette sales manager and I asked him how many still in line for a vette, he said 8, and they get roughly 30 a year. Might be worth a call...

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
well if you wanted to get the vette sooner, I would suggest contacting Turner Chevy in Harrisburg PA. I got mine there and I was there a couple weeks ago checking out the owners new Z06 and I was talking with the corvette sales manager and I asked him how many still in line for a vette, he said 8, and they get roughly 30 a year. Might be worth a call...
Thanks for the suggestion. I may look into it. I kinda think it would be cool to own both. I just can’t afford both at the same time. The C8 is my dream car. I have loved it since it came out. I can get allocation here in Oklahoma right away but they still want ADM. I just won’t pay over MSRP. I wouldn’t be buying the DH if it was over MSRP either.

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z
Thanks for the suggestion. I may look into it. I kinda think it would be cool to own both. I just can’t afford both at the same time. The C8 is my dream car. I have loved it since it came out. I can get allocation here in Oklahoma right away but they still want ADM. I just won’t pay over MSRP. I wouldn’t be buying the DH if it was over MSRP either.
turner is msrp.. here is mine

S650 Mustang What are you cross shopping? 20220416_192400

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
turner is msrp.. here is mine

20220416_192400.jpg
I like it. I have driven both the C8 and Mach 1 Mustang (closest I could get to DH) and there is no comparison. C8 is amazing. My wife even said the same thing and she knows nothing about cars. Thanks for the info!

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium, Carbonized Gray
(readies for the hate)

I looked at new Prius and Civic.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
The C8 is my dream car.
Go to a CarMax and borrow one for an hour. You may change your mind. Mash the pedal yes it goes like stink but was otherwise boring to drive and have to constantly battle the computer that thinks lugging the v8 is how to drive. Give me my ss/1le Camaro any day.

The challenger needs a fair bit of work to make it corner. And I never let the rpms drop below 2k on the big Bertha either. The active exhaust is pinned full open.

Last edited:

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Go to a CarMax and borrow one for an hour. You may change your mind. Mash the pedal yes it goes like stink but was otherwise boring to drive and have to constantly battle the computer that thinks lugging the v8 is how to drive. Give me my ss/1le Camaro any day.

The challenger needs a fair bit of work to make it corner. And I never let the rpms drop below 2k on the big Bertha either. The active exhaust is pinned full open.
I drove one for a day from my dealership. Actually drove the Mach 1 and then the C8 back to back to see which I liked. No comparison IMO. C8 was a far better car (felt like it should be $20-30K more), both interior and handling/acceleration. It was a coupe and I really want a convertible though. I think the Dark Horse will close the gap between the two, especially with the upgraded interior. Plus it is still $20K cheaper for what I want in the C8. I will drive the DH for awhile and then get a C8. Or maybe get lucky and have a C8 before the DH. Who knows...maybe I like the DH so much I wont want a C8 anymore. Time will tell.

I have not driven the SS/1LE or any Camaro to compare. I have heard the SS/1LE is legit. And I dont like the Challenger exterior or interior.

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
I have not driven the SS/1LE or any Camaro to compare. I have heard the SS/1LE is legit. And I dont like the Challenger exterior or interior.
A year or two ago my father bought a new 1LE. I think it's got 1,500 miles or something on it now. He rarely ever drives it. The seating position is terrible. The seats are very uncomfortable. It's hard to crawl out of even for a healthy guy like myself. It's fairly quick but I wouldn't call it fast. My brother has a C5 LS1 Vette with a cam and long tubes and he can outrun the 1LE by a small margin. I think my old '13 GT can probably manhandle the 1LE. My Dad is also upset that the 1LE came with something like a 2.65 axle ratio. Yes it's a 10-speed trans but you still should get some decent gearing. He considers selling it all the time, but then when he hears that Camaro production is ending in December he changes his mind. Over and over... lol

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
that was his first mistake.
How exactly? What are you to do when:

- GM says nothing about this on the window sticker
- Salesmen are clueless
- At his age you don't exactly hang out on the internet

Or are you referring to the 10 speed? Everyone does know that the 10 speed is the only way to go in a new car from Ford or GM.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Or are you referring to the 10 speed? Everyone does know that the 10 speed is the only way to go in a new car from Ford or GM.
10 speed from GM is much better tuned than from Ford, no question. But you buy the 1LE for the 6-speed. Automatics... the nerve of some people. /SMH

And you couldn't GIVE me a A10 Mustang, that trans tuning is such a pile of shit it's beyond disgusting.

Last edited:

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@shogun32 what mustangs do you have?
currently: '19 GT/PP1 and '23 EB Coastal
since 2018: '17 V6, '19 EB/PP, '21 EB
I've driven: '19 GT/PP1+MR before and after IRS/chassis fixes, '17 GT, '20 GT, 22 Mach1 A10, several GT350 and GT350R
all above except the Mach1 were 6MT

Test driven a variety of years' EB/GT A10 to (re)confirm the trans tuning continues to be utter crap.

I simultaneously to the Mustang ownership above, owned '19 SS/1LE, '19 VW GTI Rabbit edition, and more recently '21 Challenger Scat NB with Dynamic Bilstein, and '12 Audi S5 w/ regular Bilstein. So I do a drive-off against them day in and day out.

I've equipped my cars at varying times with Steeda Pro-Active/Progressive springs, Steeda Pro-Action adj with Dual-Rate springs, Bilstein rear dampers, and most recently Fortune Auto 510 coil-overs (front) with a couple different spring rates.

Last edited:

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
And you couldn't GIVE me a A10 Mustang, that trans tuning is such a pile of shit it's beyond disgusting.
I guess that explains why the A10 runs 11.7 with nothing but a CAI and exhaust. Hmm...
Sponsored