• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Cross shopping Dark Horse with C8/M4

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
The last Corvette that was fun to drive and felt like a true sports car was the C5Z06...I loved that car despite its garbage bag interior.The C6Z06 looked good but it could not handle the power and could swap ends without warning and the engines could drop a valve any time.C7 looked bad and the Lt-1 feels flat like a pickup truck motor making the same linear power no matter what rpm you run.The C8 is the first GM product with a nice interior but otherwise a comfortable cruiser with no steering feel and lack of manual and basically the same motor a LT-1 dressed up with headers and red valve covers...The Zo6 is out of my price range but basically the same car except that the engine sounds like a Ferrari and makes more power on top I can imagine...LOL I would have bought a Mach 1 over a C7 or a DH over a C8 because inferior on paper they are more fun to drive...IMHO And yes the Challenger WB is inferior to all on track due to weight and center of gravity but on real roads more fun to drive...Can you say TORQUE and rotation into turns when the rear feels like it steers more than the front...FUN not seconds on some racetrack is what counts most...IMHO
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
The last Corvette that was fun to drive and felt like a true sports car was the C5…
From a c6 perspective I may need to disagree. Jet Hot Kooks with Billy boat bullets quad 4” tips and loads of fun and yet docile enough to enjoy a leisurely multi hour cruise. But alas, stables are now reversed and while she rests the GT runs free.

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The C6Z51 with the 430 horse LS3 was a preet good car but the C5Z06 was sportier , more fun to drive and felt more raw like a real sports car despite its squeaky cheap interior where the C6 had a interior not worth writing home about either.The C6Z06 was a snap-oversteer car that tried to kill you if you really got into it if the LS7 did not self destruct itself before...LOL The C8 is a comfortable cruiser with a nice interior and auto only...Not a sports car but perfect for the AARP crowd...LOL I would get a DH over a C8 any day for the Tremec 6 speed and wonderful V8 sound in the interior alone ! Even if steering is equally numb in both...

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
Can you say TORQUE and rotation into turns when the rear feels like it steers more than the front...FUN not seconds on some racetrack is what counts most...IMHO
Hey Tim K, you need to focus more on rebooting Dodge (or taking down the EPA) than waxing eloquent over the Challenger. Your juke-box is stuck on the same record. Please call the service man. Or give it a righteous kick with your steel-toed boots.

OP
OP
Mustang406

Mustang406

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
The C6Z51 with the 430 horse LS3 was a preet good car but the C5Z06 was sportier , more fun to drive and felt more raw like a real sports car despite its squeaky cheap interior where the C6 had a interior not worth writing home about either.The C6Z06 was a snap-oversteer car that tried to kill you if you really got into it if the LS7 did not self destruct itself before...LOL The C8 is a comfortable cruiser with a nice interior and auto only...Not a sports car but perfect for the AARP crowd...LOL I would get a DH over a C8 any day for the Tremec 6 speed and wonderful V8 sound in the interior alone ! Even if steering is equally numb in both...
Do you feel the same way about the S550 GT500 since it also came auto only?

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
of course. The only cars that are allowed to have an automatic (incl DCT) and still retain the classification as "sports" must cost at least 150,000USD or come from Italy. All others are AARP-bound highway cruisers. Might have stupid power, but they aren't "sports cars".

:) :) :)
May the screams of apoplecia commence!

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Absolutely ! There I would actually prefer the C8 because it does not have a interior made by Fisher Price and it is comfortable and has the traction to put the power down and gets better mileage than 8 mpg...LOL

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2024 GT (soon)
Wow, first post of yours with nothing negative about the C8. Coming around?
Just kidding.

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
of course. The only cars that are allowed to have an automatic (incl DCT) and still retain the classification as "sports" must cost at least 150,000USD or come from Italy. All others are AARP-bound highway cruisers. Might have stupid power, but they aren't "sports cars".

:) :) :)
May the screams of apoplecia commence!
Lost all credibility with that post.
Sponsored