• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Setting an ultimatum for ford.

LCDRChemEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BE DH Premium A10
Yeah I understand the counterside to it without a doubt. At the same time though its letting me save up more and more for the downpayment, which will just mean lower payments so theres at least some upside.
Hopefully a man of constant sorrow like yourself would take this delay in stride. Besides, you should know by now the nearest Ford auto man's Bristol, a geographical oddity, and he's not a Dapper Dan man.

Alternatives:
1) go to the dealer where you put in the order and tell them you want that confirmation email tomorrow or your money back. Tell them "I got to do for me and mine, and the law is a human institution. I've spoken my piece and counted to three." They will either confess they got no allocation or get on the horn with their regional rep and make it happen. If the former, once you get your money back, you can go to a bona fide dealer.

2) Keep waiting for your Panda Pony, in the meantime you can buy my car for $5k. It's pretty old, but pretty nice, and you can probably sell it for the same after you find your treasure. I'm a bit aways from Ol' Kentucky, but you shall see thangs, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... a cow... on the roof of a cotton house, ha. And, oh, so many startlements. I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the obstacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward can get there...
Sponsored

Reactions: Zig

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
I didnā€™t get np and I know mine wonā€™t be ugly
I agree! My bronze and rapid red is going to look amazing! Even if others hate it, I love the look. To each his own, but I don't think NP is the only way the S650 looks good.

missenow2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red Mustang GT premium convertible
Hang in there. Unless this is going to be your primary vehicle, I say wait it out. I ordered a Dark Horse with everything but the Recaros. I anticipated that I may not have it until next Spring, but I'll be thrilled the day I get it. I have my dealers only allocation for it and am paying MSRP. I've wanted a Mustang my whole life and i'll wait it out. It will be worth it.
I agree...it will be worth it. I ordered the Gt Premium Convertible in late June. I received a build date of September 25. I don't mind if it is not ready until after the first of the year or even spring. I pay off my current 2017 next month and will love not having a car payment for a couple of months.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Hopefully a man of constant sorrow like yourself would take this delay in stride. Besides, you should know by now the nearest Ford auto man's Bristol, a geographical oddity, and he's not a Dapper Dan man.

Alternatives:
1) go to the dealer where you put in the order and tell them you want that confirmation email tomorrow or your money back. Tell them "I got to do for me and mine, and the law is a human institution. I've spoken my piece and counted to three." They will either confess they got no allocation or get on the horn with their regional rep and make it happen. If the former, once you get your money back, you can go to a bona fide dealer.

2) Keep waiting for your Panda Pony, in the meantime you can buy my car for $5k. It's pretty old, but pretty nice, and you can probably sell it for the same after you find your treasure. I'm a bit aways from Ol' Kentucky, but you shall see thangs, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... a cow... on the roof of a cotton house, ha. And, oh, so many startlements. I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the obstacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward can get there...
Well for me and my kin it's a great benefit to stash some more folding money while we wait. But it's not like we can just go down, down to the crossroads and sing into a tin can for pocket change.

I do think Ford needs some reform in how they manage customer expectations. I don't want FOP. But I'm sure they know that once we receive our cars we'll just wash away all their sins.

VaporGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I'm in the same situation as you but I decided to wait. I ordered a vapor blue GT with NPP on April 28th and I'm crossing my fingers for Thursday...

NPP is more than a black roof and black mirrors, there are the wheels but also the badges and the headlight so don't talk to me about wrapping thƩ car.

I thought about changing my order to remove the NPP but I would have had to change the color as well since I find that vapor blue does not go well with bronze or silver...

VaporGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I agree! My bronze and rapid red is going to look amazing! Even if others hate it, I love the look. To each his own, but I don't think NP is the only way the S650 looks good.
I agree the reds will look amazing with the bronze ā€¦
it really depends on the color of the mustang and personal tastes but st the end there are still mixes that are more beautiful than the others. Take for example the mustang of RTR that we see everywhere... They mixed vapor blue with black stickers, silver wheels, black recaros, red belts and carman red doors... uglyšŸ˜†

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Atlas Blue GT
I do think Ford needs some reform in how they manage customer expectations. I don't want FOP. But I'm sure they know that once we receive our cars we'll just wash away all their sins.
Ford needs to eliminate the tracking system 100%. Order your car and wait like an adult.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Ford needs to eliminate the tracking system 100%. Order your car and wait like an adult.
Been there. Dodge had nothing a few years ago. Then came all the stuff with Dodge garage and vehicle order tracking. Really just 2 different disasters

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A

Alternatives:

I got the confirmation email day one, just hasn't been scheduled yet.

Appreciate the name reference understandings tho lmao.

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I'm in the same situation as you but I decided to wait. I ordered a vapor blue GT with NPP on April 28th and I'm crossing my fingers for Thursday...

NPP is more than a black roof and black mirrors, there are the wheels but also the badges and the headlight so don't talk to me about wrapping thƩ car.

I thought about changing my order to remove the NPP but I would have had to change the color as well since I find that vapor blue does not go well with bronze or silver...
Wrapping it doesn't bother me a bit, I'm going to regardless, only parts that stop me from removing NP are the rims and headlights, which I know aren't that hard to do, but more of a hassle

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I say wait and get the car you want the way you want it. There is nothing I have seen stating how long a wait is for constraints, just a lot of assumptions.

We don't have constraints like the Bronco that is really placing some orders at the tail end of production.
Once cars start showing up to the dealership orders will start flying through the process.

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Well its about that time folks. Was waiting for this email. Guess it really is that hard to paint a roof black. Should've gave me an option to just not have the roof painted.

S650 Mustang Setting an ultimatum for ford. 1695280649207

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE
You should give Ford another ultimatum, one you just don't follow through on like this one. :)

Seriously though, just have the roof wrapped for a few hundred bucks and contact a good wheel concierge like PK Auto Design or Vibe Motorsports. They make the wheel buying process very enjoyable and it's like picking out jewelry for your car, stupid easy install also as the wheels come with tires and balanced already or sent directly to your shop. They fit perfectly too as they're designed exactly for your car, I went with Stance SF01 wheels in brushed titanium from Vibe Motorsports last time and was impressed with the experience and easy/perfect fitment.

Don't just take what Ford gives you, be different and make the car your own. It's easy once you get into it I Promise!
Sponsored