• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone using Ford Family and Friends plans? Dealer fees?

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Z-plan will take off about $5k on a GT premium on average. My $65,000 convertible will be around $58,000 pretax.
Sponsored

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
So just got off the phone with the dealer that I ordered from and they don't even accept X-Plan pricing. I called another dealer in my area and they do accept X-Plan.

Looks like I'm going to the back of the line and placing a new order with the other dealer..
Talk to your dealer. Ford funds the dealer the costs, it does not really cost them anything.
I wouldn't think you would have to reorder. You can even do X-Plan on a car off the lot.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Talk to your dealer. Ford funds the dealer the costs, it does not really cost them anything.
I wouldn't think you would have to reorder. You can even do X-Plan on a car off the lot.
I'll speak to my specific salesperson again. The person I spoke to on the phone didn't even know what X-Plan was. I'm hoping I don't have to re-order as I've already waited so long but in the end I'm okay with waiting longer to save that much off MSRP.

Ng1nyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
You can join the Mustang Club of America. You have to be a member for several months before you're eligible for the discount plan.
Daaamn.. Wish I knew before, I would have signed up back when I Put my order in. I’ll just signup now anyway.

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
My local dealer didn't know what X-plan was, but the next dealer over did and participates. They get holdbacks and incentives to participate, so they're making money either way. Better Ford's money than mine.

The MCA membership won't do much on it's own. After the 90-day waiting period, you'll need to go to the X-Plan Website to register for a PIN as shown below using credentials provided by MCA when you sign up. If you have a higher tier (A, Z) as an employee or relative, I'm sure the discount is even better.

Who knows, it could be 90 days before you take delivery anyway! (I genuinely hope that's not true.)

S650 Mustang Anyone using Ford Family and Friends plans? Dealer fees? 1689890902525

S650 Mustang Anyone using Ford Family and Friends plans? Dealer fees? 1689891311274

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Daaamn.. Wish I knew before, I would have signed up back when I Put my order in. I’ll just signup now anyway.
Make sure you see which level of membership gets the discount. I like the magazine they send with the full membership.

Last edited:

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
My local dealer didn't know what X-plan was, but the next dealer over did and participates. They get holdbacks and incentives to participate, so they're making money either way. Better Ford's money than mine.

The MCA membership won't do much on it's own. After the 90-day waiting period, you'll need to go to the X-Plan Website to register for a PIN as shown below using credentials provided by MCA when you sign up. If you have a higher tier (A, Z) as an employee or relative, I'm sure the discount is even better.

Who knows, it could be 90 days before you take delivery anyway! (I genuinely hope that's not true.)

1689890902525.png

1689891311274.png
This is the way! 😁

Tafische

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
S650 Mustang Anyone using Ford Family and Friends plans? Dealer fees? Screenshot 2023-07-20 174530

X marks the spot....

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I'll speak to my specific salesperson again. The person I spoke to on the phone didn't even know what X-Plan was. I'm hoping I don't have to re-order as I've already waited so long but in the end I'm okay with waiting longer to save that much off MSRP.
Worst comes to worst you try to have the other dealer trade for the car you ordered and get x-plan from them

Tafische

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
I am pretty sure they can add the X plan at time of delivery and payment. They dont take your claim number until delivery and my dealer said it really didnt matter if it is on the order. I think you just have to find a good trustworthy dealer.

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
You may be able to get a X Plan code from your employer also if they offer employee discounts for various things/places. My employer has a bunch of employee discounts and one of them is the X Plan program.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
the difference increases the more expensive you go, my MSRP is 62k but my X-plan is around 57.5K
I built my Mustang (MSRP $61K) on the website with X-Plan and got $58k.. so a $3k discount in my case. Hopefully my dealer will accept my less than 90-day MCA membership.

S650 Mustang Anyone using Ford Family and Friends plans? Dealer fees? 1689903049092

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darkhorse #0627
I'm using the X-Plan as a Mustang Club of America member on my GT convertible. It doesn't apply to the Dark Horse. There are no incentives, at least not in my ZIP code anyway.
I was able to get X plan from my DarkHorse. i wonder why others wouldn’t be able to thought.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
I was able to get X plan from my DarkHorse. i wonder why others wouldn’t be able to thought.
Somewhere down the line miscommunication happened.

I don’t believe anyone can even get X plan on the DH.
I’d love to see otherwise though
Sponsored