• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Can anyone interpret this from my dealer?

Pdaddy1280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT on order
My car is still in production also according to the tracker. Ford chat and my salesman said it's been built 10/20 just waiting at the factory šŸ˜®ā€šŸ’Ø. And I received an eta from chat but I know not to trust it.
Thatā€™s very interesting. My dealer sent me the screenshot showing it being built on 10/13 but hasnā€™t verbally said it was pending shipment. Chat, on the other hand, is still regurgitating the same canned response it has been giving me since 9/29 about it being in production etc etc etc
Sponsored

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
I'm not sure on this but the dealer can get the railcar number once it is shipped if its going that way. Then you can call an 800 number and enter the number to track progress.

OP
OP
Instant Action

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler, '24 VB Mustang GT PP Vert 6sp
LOL! I don't know any more than you do, honestly, but mine shows San Antonio where yours says Birmingham. I live an hour and a half from San Antonio, so who really knows when we will actually get them. FWIW, my interpretation of the chart is that the 0 outside the box with the other 4 updates means that Birmingham won't show up as an actual status until the car is off-loaded and checked in for truck shipment the rest of the way.

For all we know, all of our cars could already be on a train heading to the next destination, or they could all be sitting on the ramp. I haven't seen anyone on other posts that has been able to definitively say. Ford chat still says my car is in build, blah, blah, blah.

Good luck with the timing on the X-plan. I have also heard but can't vouch for the authenticity, that the dealer can hold a vehicle for a certain amount of time for you. Maybe make up some type of excuse as to why you can't be there to pick it up right away.

1698268016345.png
Iā€™m not sure mine is coming by train because it says Convoy on the window sticker. I would imagine that this would be faster than coming by train? The coming winter weather though is a concern because I only purchased it at this Alabama dealership and Iā€™m sure that thereā€™s limited snow chanceā€™s between Alabama and Florida but Iā€™ll still need to drive it home to south Florida .

Pdaddy1280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT on order
Iā€™m not sure mine is coming by train because it says Convoy on the window sticker. I would imagine that this would be faster than coming by train? The coming winter weather though is a concern because I only purchased it at this Alabama dealership and Iā€™m sure that thereā€™s limited snow chanceā€™s between Alabama and Florida but Iā€™ll still need to drive it home to south Florida .
Convoy would definitely be quicker than rail. Snow in Alabama this time of year would be extremely rare.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
Thatā€™s very interesting. My dealer sent me the screenshot showing it being built on 10/13 but hasnā€™t verbally said it was pending shipment. Chat, on the other hand, is still regurgitating the same canned response it has been giving me since 9/29 about it being in production etc etc etc
I finally got updated to built today. But the factory still have not released my car.

jamespmoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2020 Explorer ST, 2004 Thunderbird
Ford's tracker has just showed that my car has been in production since 10/9 but hasn't moved since. I decided to text my dealer this morning and this is what he sent to me. This seems kind of ambiguous to me but maybe someone can interpret this?
71994132420__3D79D316-DCD2-48AE-8CEA-C820E8805334.jpeg
T
Yea, the tracker is a pos. My dealer showed me the same screen shots. I was built on 10/11, released 10/12, now waiting for shipment. My tracker didnā€™t update to built until 10/22. In between 10/12, and 10/22 I received an email from Ford stating that my build was delayed due to supply constraints. Seems the right hand doesnā€™t know what the left hand is doing. I still cannot see my window sticker in the tracker, dealer gave me a copy, I also printed it from Ford direct.

jamespmoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2020 Explorer ST, 2004 Thunderbird
My big question is whether the truckers will pickup the cars from FR during the strike at the other Ford plants?
My understanding from my dealer is that Ford is getting the cars off the factory lot in case of pickets that the truckers will not cross. Mine is via convoy so it is in a lot by the airport.

OP
OP
Instant Action

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea, the tracker is a pos. My dealer showed me the same screen shots. I was built on 10/11, released 10/12, now waiting for shipment. My tracker didnā€™t update to built until 10/22. In between 10/12, and 10/22 I received an email from Ford stating that my build was delayed due to supply constraints. Seems the right hand doesnā€™t know what the left hand is doing. I still cannot see my window sticker in the tracker, dealer gave me a copy, I also printed it from Ford direct.
I just checked the tracker and window sticker link and nothing has changed since the build on 10/9. The tracker is worthless in this instance. Last year I ordered a Bronco Raptor and the tracker worked pretty well for that so I'm surprised at its lack of updates now, although I guess I shouldn't be considering the state of the world since covid and where we are headed. Good luck to you and let us know when you receive yours.

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
My big question is whether the truckers will pickup the cars from FR during the strike at the other Ford plants?
They are my car was built and shipped last week

OP
OP
Instant Action

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My understanding from my dealer is that Ford is getting the cars off the factory lot in case of pickets that the truckers will not cross. Mine is via convoy so it is in a lot by the airport.
I hope you're right that Ford is planning ahead, just in case..

OP
OP
Instant Action

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately there isn't a way to track the progress with convoy shipping vs rail. I can't imagine it could take more than a week from the factory to your FL dealership.

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Unfortunately there isn't a way to track the progress with convoy shipping vs rail. I can't imagine it could take more than a week from the factory to your FL dealership.
Yeah sadly. I texted my dealer yesterday and he said the ETA they have on their end is between 10/27 - 11/3. So hopefully it will be here soon!

OP
OP
Instant Action

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah sadly. I texted my dealer yesterday and he said the ETA they have on their end is between 10/27 - 11/3. So hopefully it will be here soon!
Good luck and congrats!
Sponsored