• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Just found out from my dealership - Truth or not?

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
My dealer guy has been responsive to me on the status of my vehicle and I had previously asked about the "Handling Package" note by the other people in this forum regarding some delays until April. This freaked me out and spoke with my dealer guy and he had double checked and he said my order was before that UAW went on strike. He said "So, the strike is only affecting the Ford plants that make the Bronco and Ranger currently. The higher up, we emailed did not get back to us yet about the handling package question unfortunately. The build date still shows 10/30 so I expect the vehicle to be built that week." I thought that was interesting but 10/30 was borderline for postponing all production especially the "Handling Package" that was declared as postponed! So I guess it is a wait and see down the road!
Sponsored

Last edited:

DaddyTigggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Conv.
To be honest, and sorry to tell you, the dealers don't seem to know anything about what is going on. They just go by what it says in VinView, which is almost always incorrect. This is my first time ever custom ordering a vehicle, and I've been reading on other forums for other ford vehicles and everyone is having the same experience... Client portal not updating, when it is updated it's usually wrong, and ETA's constantly getting pushed.

The best thing I can tell you is don't get obsessive about watching the progress, for your own sanity. My Mustang has been sitting in the destination rail yard 2 hours from my dealership for over a week now. The dealer has called multiple times to push having it released, and yet still nothing. And best of all, my client portal shows the build is "in progress" with an ETA of Aug 30 - Sept 5. That was the last update on 9/8 when the car was offloaded by CSX into it's rail yard awaiting truck transport to the dealership.

OP
OP
REV745DH24

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Thanks for responding and actually not obsessive, just getting the hint from others like yourself, and me appreciating some extra info!
Sponsored