• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

No build date yet? I found out why!

Mustang Miyagi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger
No idea on why that would have happened unless they ran out of your options in the factory? Not very reassuring for the rest of the field with build dates in the future.
I used ford chat. Build date pushed back 2 weeks. No biggie
Sponsored

Zach@Granger

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I learned something very valuable yesterday from a local dealer. Apparently your order will not get approved by Ford for production if your dealer doesn't have any open allocations (for any trim level, not just DH). In my case, I had my order in with a small town dealer who currently has, and has had, zero allocations for the Mustang. This is mind-boggling that Ford would not pick up a retail order simply because the dealer is lower volume than some of the big city dealers, but this is what I have been told by my dealer. This is the most frustrating process in the world and I am now searching for a dealer with open allocations. Really sucks that Ford would stick it to a retail customer this way.

The main takeaway is that if you haven't received a production date yet I would hit up your dealer to see what their allocation status is. They may not have any (this was my case) in which case you won't get selected for production. This explains why some members have put in orders and gotten picked up within days for production. I really don't feel like driving to a larger dealer in the city, but at this point if I want my car this year that may be what I am stuck doing. Good luck to all still waiting! I hope this was helpful and if anyone here can shed additional light on the process I would love to read your comments.
On the contrary, it makes perfect sense from Ford's perspective.

The more cars they sell, the better, for a number of reasons:

1. More revenue (obviously).

2. They have to maintain a certain level of production to maximize the utilization rate of their plants. Ideally, the more shifts they can operate, the less of a monry pit the plant becomes.

3. It gives them more leverage with suppliers to negotiate bigger volume discounts.

So yes, they're going to prioritize the dealers who can push the most cars for orders.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thousands? Are you getting yours for invoice or near invoice? What is their dealer doc fee? Would need to be pretty lucrative for me to drive up and flatbed the car home.
I'm getting mine 1% off invoice, which equates to $3K off MSRP...

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thousands? Are you getting yours for invoice or near invoice? What is their dealer doc fee? Would need to be pretty lucrative for me to drive up and flatbed the car home.
Just FYI, Granger Ford requires a non-refundable $1K deposit.

Bear that in mind before you jump on board.

OP
OP
BrianJ77

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Just FYI, Granger Ford requires a non-refundable $1K deposit.

Bear that in mind before you jump on board.
Thank you for all the info. Very helpful. So are you buying from Granger as well?

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for all the info. Very helpful. So are you buying from Granger as well?
I'm not, mainly because I didn't want to put down a deposit.

The dealer I ordered from doesn't (or at least they didn't) require a deposit.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I feel like this is going to be my destiny as well. Tracker hasn't worked ever since I ordered on 3/27, I still don't have a window sticker and my "build week" is 6/28. Just going to contact them on 6/29 and hope for the best.
My window sticker showed up after the "In Production" went green. that was about 10 days before my actual 6/21 date scheduled

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
I learned something very valuable yesterday from a local dealer. Apparently your order will not get approved by Ford for production if your dealer doesn't have any open allocations (for any trim level, not just DH). In my case, I had my order in with a small town dealer who currently has, and has had, zero allocations for the Mustang. This is mind-boggling that Ford would not pick up a retail order simply because the dealer is lower volume than some of the big city dealers, but this is what I have been told by my dealer. This is the most frustrating process in the world and I am now searching for a dealer with open allocations. Really sucks that Ford would stick it to a retail customer this way.

The main takeaway is that if you haven't received a production date yet I would hit up your dealer to see what their allocation status is. They may not have any (this was my case) in which case you won't get selected for production. This explains why some members have put in orders and gotten picked up within days for production. I really don't feel like driving to a larger dealer in the city, but at this point if I want my car this year that may be what I am stuck doing. Good luck to all still waiting! I hope this was helpful and if anyone here can shed additional light on the process I would love to read your comments.
Was your order saying in order processing by chance?

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
My dealer price was MSRP same as Ford Builder site. So 2% below invoice... how much below MSRP might that equate to, roughly? If I went with Granger

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I'm not, mainly because I didn't want to put down a deposit.

The dealer I ordered from doesn't (or at least they didn't) require a deposit.
Did you get a good price? Below MSRP?

LCDRChemEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BE DH Premium A10
Ford is saying they’re losing money, I don’t want to hear it! They have customers money in hand that want to purchase a car and they say NO, go to different dealer OR! We’re only building so many!
I heartily concur. I've always wondered why Ford doesn't aim high like they did in the '60s. Nowadays they seem content with building just pickup trucks and duking it out with the Camaro in a pony car war. It's almost as if they're resigned to be 2nd tier. They could easily produce a modern version of the GT that would pound the Corvettes into the mud - as well as several supecars worth upwards of $200K - but no. They would only build so many "halo" cars and sell those only to selected few.

I know they have the parts already on the shelf, and I also know they have been dicking around the concept of a hybrid mustang. They have a predator engine mated to a dual-clutch transmission already, they have electric motors and batteries from the Mach-E, they HAVE fooled with a mid-engine hybrid mustang with electric motors up front and a DC transaxle in the back, why not pull the trigger and make some money? I bet if they put out such a Corvette squasher even at $90K-$110K they would quickly sell as many of them as could be built.

OP
OP
BrianJ77

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150