• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

No build date yet? I found out why!

GrabberBlueFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali, Expedition EL, Durango
Yep! That and unscheduled - clean.
That’s crazy that you would be in the “unscheduled-clean” status and sit there until you finally got slotted against an allocation, if you ever got one. Based off your info, I just emailed my dealer. I was told I was against an allocation, but definitely want to make sure now. Thanks!
Sponsored

Damian_21ST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Man then I might be affected by that too. I will know more once I see more DH with AP and HP get build dates.
Im waiting on mine ap and hp ordered march 29th ford starting to piss me off all these other ppl that ordered a few months later get theirs scheduled, just bc my dealer didnt have an allocation they should be sued for that sht i took of work so i can place my order and be first. It should be first come first serve

Tacticly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram TRX
Just FYI, Granger Ford requires a non-refundable $1K deposit.

Bear that in mind before you jump on board.
Yup they have allot of those lmao
Probably hundreds a year that they keeps for one reason or another

Tacticly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram TRX
I learned something very valuable yesterday from a local dealer. Apparently your order will not get approved by Ford for production if your dealer doesn't have any open allocations (for any trim level, not just DH). In my case, I had my order in with a small town dealer who currently has, and has had, zero allocations for the Mustang. This is mind-boggling that Ford would not pick up a retail order simply because the dealer is lower volume than some of the big city dealers, but this is what I have been told by my dealer. This is the most frustrating process in the world and I am now searching for a dealer with open allocations. Really sucks that Ford would stick it to a retail customer this way.

The main takeaway is that if you haven't received a production date yet I would hit up your dealer to see what their allocation status is. They may not have any (this was my case) in which case you won't get selected for production. This explains why some members have put in orders and gotten picked up within days for production. I really don't feel like driving to a larger dealer in the city, but at this point if I want my car this year that may be what I am stuck doing. Good luck to all still waiting! I hope this was helpful and if anyone here can shed additional light on the process I would love to read your comments.
Did you get confirmation email if you did they had an allocation

OP
OP
BrianJ77

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Did you get confirmation email if you did they had an allocation
I did get the email, but the guy that did the ordering said he has, and has had, zero allocations. He was hoping for one next month. My order still there until I confirm another dealer has the allocation for my GT and I pull my original order. Priority code was 10 as well.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
Im waiting on mine ap and hp ordered march 29th ford starting to piss me off all these other ppl that ordered a few months later get theirs scheduled, just bc my dealer didnt have an allocation they should be sued for that sht i took of work so i can place my order and be first. It should be first come first serve
I feel you on that I order 3/27. All I have is "in order processing/ unscheduled clean". I don't have a VIN or not even an email. I'm just trying to be optimistic after seeing people get scheduled last week. And I really would like some kind of info on my order like a Vin. But if I find out that my dealer lost their allocation. I'm be mad and probably just go a different direction and get a preformance suv 😂. I just need info so I can trade my stinger in before it loses more value.

Damian_21ST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I feel you on that I order 3/27. All I have is "in order processing/ unscheduled clean". I don't have a VIN or not even an email. I'm just trying to be optimistic after seeing people get scheduled last week. And I really would like some kind of info on my order like a Vin. But if I find out that my dealer lost their allocation. I'm be mad and probably just go a different direction and get a preformance suv 😂. I just need info so I can trade my stinger in before it loses more value.
Same Ill be pissed if my dealer gave out the only allocation but he said they dont have any I was the first to order a dark horse there id a total of 6 rn i also have unscheduled clean

mcky2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium 21 F150 XLT 3.5
My dealer price was MSRP same as Ford Builder site. So 2% below invoice... how much below MSRP might that equate to, roughly? If I went with Granger
Roughly 7% below MSRP.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
Same Ill be pissed if my dealer gave out the only allocation but he said they dont have any I was the first to order a dark horse there id a total of 6 rn i also have unscheduled clean
We in the same boat. Only we just floating in the sea looking for direction at this point. Godzilla hasn't found us yet 😂😂. But hopefully next week our week.

Mastermind46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra, 2001 Chevy Silverado
I am saving many thousands of dollars with Granger vs buying at any of the 4 or 5 dealers I contacted in Colorado. The negative is that they require a non refundable $1k deposit. I think most other places have a much lower deposit and it is refundable.

I have already posted the numbers once before but here they are again.

Dealer doc fee: $180
Temp Tag: $45
MSRP for my build: $57175
Invoice: $54363.12
Granger Price: $53251.52

The best I could get in CO when calling the dealers was MSRP + $480 dealer fee.

I will make a post summarizing the whole experience once the purchase is complete but so far I am saving nearly $4k on just the purchase price without the fees.

My dad and I are taking the trip to pick the car up so it should be an awesome memory.

OP
OP
BrianJ77

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
I found a local dealer WITH a current allocation and no deposit required. Put in my order today. Hoping to get picked up for a September production date in the next couple of weeks. :please:

Niko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT
My dealer price was MSRP same as Ford Builder site. So 2% below invoice... how much below MSRP might that equate to, roughly? If I went with Granger
You can check what the invoice price for your particular build with options is here - https://www.edmunds.com/ford/mustang/build/?defaultValue=401953782
Once you get to calculate price, look for price breakdown that shows you the invoice. I've checked with Ford's invoice pricing and it seems to be accurate.

Damian_21ST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I am saving many thousands of dollars with Granger vs buying at any of the 4 or 5 dealers I contacted in Colorado. The negative is that they require a non refundable $1k deposit. I think most other places have a much lower deposit and it is refundable.

I have already posted the numbers once before but here they are again.

Dealer doc fee: $180
Temp Tag: $45
MSRP for my build: $57175
Invoice: $54363.12
Granger Price: $53251.52

The best I could get in CO when calling the dealers was MSRP + $480 dealer fee.

I will make a post summarizing the whole experience once the purchase is complete but so far I am saving nearly $4k on just the purchase price without the fees.

My dad and I are taking the trip to pick the car up so it should be an awesome memory.
How does that make sense? How will they give you a special car lower than MSRP
Sponsored