• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse orders for the US -- anyone receive build date yet?

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
This is bs. fck canada Ford is an American company we should get it first then the rest of the world
Idk what’s going on with the car industry as of late, but Canada has gotten the sweet end of the deal on every car I’ve shopped for that’s been released post-Corona. MK8 Rs we’re significantly cheaper (after factoring exchange rate) and arrived to Maple land first… like way before the US, and the Civic Si in Canada gets like an additional 20% content at no extra cost. There are more examples too but honestly wtf is going on, it’s a pattern I keep seeing lol

Also Canada’s dealer network isn’t as cucked as America’s and I think their dealers can’t wantonly slap ADMs on new vehicles (but they find loopholes by purchasing internally and reselling as lightly “used” with < 5 miles and huge markups)

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Per the tracking thread, only 2 members in the US have gotten VINs and scheduling for their Dark Horses.

DARK HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BRONCO,2021 JL RUBICON,2022F150 TREMOR
3/29 dark horse prem coupe loaded and still no vin or build date.
Most likely months from now will get email saying parts still out of stock so build is on hold most likely

OP
OP

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
3/29 dark horse prem coupe loaded and still no vin or build date.
Most likely months from now will get email saying parts still out of stock so build is on hold most likely
Tbh it says unscheduled clean so they have the parts because it would say different imma give them until June. If im still waiting and there is no update. Imma just order a different car 😂. I'm not waiting until next yr for a car when I see other manufacturers still getting cars built with very little issue. I think this just Ford being unorganized af bc this whole process is kind of sloppy without info.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Tbh it says unscheduled clean so they have the parts because it would say different imma give them until June. If im still waiting and there is no update. Imma just order a different car 😂. I'm not waiting until next yr for a car when I see other manufacturers still getting cars built with very little issue. I think this just Ford being unorganized af bc this whole process is kind of sloppy without info.
What would it say if they didn't have the parts available?

GoldenHand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Starting to fall in this mindset. If I don't hear anything about my DH by the time I get back from my vacation in June then I will start looking at other options. Starting to consider buying a normal GT and see what specs Shelby, RTR, Saleen, etc. release for the S650. I sure as hell wouldn't mind a custom build from one of these suppliers in lieu of a DH. I can still have my S650 while I wait for the specs to be released even if they aren't available to order later this year.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
I'm new to Ford's ordering statuses, if you've got more detail that would be awesome (the Material Hold description in the Status Definitions you linked to leaves a lot to interpretation). I'm honestly mostly ignorant to their order statuses.

I haven't seen anyone with material hold on their order. But certainly they don't have parts for everyone's orders at this point. I understand there will be a production ramp up, hence they won't schedule a lot of vehicles right from the start.

Here's what I'm pondering . I would assume that most parts are not available until you get scheduled. Considering that auto manufacturers still operate on lean and agile principles, they don't have but a few days to a couple weeks of parts inventory on hand. Clean to me means no errors in configuration, not necessarily that all parts are available. Material hold sounds like material that they have no foreseeable ETA, or material that is quarantined for defect/recall reasons (like when they find out a supplier part has a weld nut in the wrong hole, or an instrument panel has color blemishes).

Has anyone been able to order carbon fiber wheels? We know those are late availability. I wonder if they are unscheduled/clean or material hold.

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darkhorse #0627