• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone using Ford Family and Friends plans? Dealer fees?

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
I was able to get X plan from my DarkHorse. i wonder why others wouldn’t be able to thought.
I would be very surprised if that deal goes through when you take delivery. Please keep us updated here if that's the case. My dealer wouldn't let a DH go without a $10k markup.
Sponsored

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
So has anybody ever heard of somebody getting X-Plan pricing from the dealer with a MCA membership of less than 90 days? I signed up today for the 1-year membership and even got my X-Plan PIN. Doesn't the dealer just need a PIN to process it?

S650 Mustang Anyone using Ford Family and Friends plans? Dealer fees? 1689907676708

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
I built my Mustang (MSRP $61K) on the website with X-Plan and got $58k.. so a $3k discount in my case. Hopefully my dealer will accept my less than 90-day MCA membership.

1689903049092.png
You will not be able to use x-plan under the 90 day window. It’s not a let it slide kinda thing.

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
So has anybody ever heard of somebody getting X-Plan pricing from the dealer with a MCA membership of less than 90 days? I signed up today for the 1-year membership and even got my X-Plan PIN. Doesn't the dealer just need a PIN to process it?

1689907676708.png
No. You can generate a pin but it will be rejected when the dealer tries to validate everything.

it’s not about how long you signed up for. It’s about how long you have actually been a member.

Last edited:

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
I was able to get X plan from my DarkHorse. i wonder why others wouldn’t be able to thought.
I’m not saying the dealer didn’t calculate X-plan pricing for you. It’s a standard formula.

However, don’t be surprised when the dealer tries to validate your PIN and they back out.

Ineligible products list

S650 Mustang Anyone using Ford Family and Friends plans? Dealer fees? IMG_7620

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
You need a pin plus ID from MCA that has the date joined. 90 days required plus paper work filled out by dealer submitted to Ford.

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
For anyone new to the X-plan program:

Dealers are not required to participate and not all do.

You will be asked to sign an acknowledgement that you agree not to sell a vehicle purchased under the plan for 6 months.

A participating dealer is limited by Ford to a maximum doc fee of $100.

I suggest you read the terms and conditions of the plan X-Plan ToS

This is a great benifit that Ford had extended to the MCA for many years. Please follow the rules. Don’t screw around and ruin it for future members!

Last edited:

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darkhorse #0627
I would be very surprised if that deal goes through when you take delivery. Please keep us updated here if that's the case. My dealer wouldn't let a DH go without a $10k markup.
I know the general manager and owner very well. Hell I called the GM as soon as the DarkHorse was revealed and said put me down for it.
I’m not saying the dealer didn’t calculate X-plan pricing for you. It’s a standard formula.

However, don’t be surprised when the dealer tries to validate your PIN and they back out.

Ineligible products list

IMG_7620.jpeg
Interesting list. I’ll be letting the group know if it gets approved. Maybe it was an oversight and says it can get X-Plan but when you try to push it through the pipe it gets blocked.

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
I received my MCA membership card about a month ago. It seems to be just a letter with a sticker on it that has the membership expiration date.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Looks like I'll be cancelling my order for now then! Definitely don't mind taking delivery at a later date if I can save a few thousand off MSRP.

rkmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'31 Chrysler, '59 Galaxie, & now '24 Mustang GT
Looks like I'll be cancelling my order for now then! Definitely don't mind taking delivery at a later date if I can save a few thousand off MSRP.
Make sure to do your due diligence around timing and requirements as I'm certain that you didn't need the Pin at order. I had mine and he attached it to the order paperwork, but noted that they didn't officially need it until delivery/ purchase. Similar to others, saving about $3k, put my price right at invoice. Then lowered it by a few hundred more (difference in the dealer fees as mandated by the plan)

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Make sure to do your due diligence around timing and requirements as I'm certain that you didn't need the Pin at order. I had mine and he attached it to the order paperwork, but noted that they didn't officially need it until delivery/ purchase. Similar to others, saving about $3k, put my price right at invoice. Then lowered it by a few hundred more (difference in the dealer fees as mandated by the plan)
The current timeline has my Mustang arriving at the dealer in early September. The 90 day mark for my membership is October. I've been waiting since May and unfortunately it looks like I won't be getting my Mustang until the end of the year now.

I knew about X-Plan in May but I noticed that it's just a 0.4% discount. I didn't realize it meant 0.4% under INVOICE; I assumed it was 0.4% under MSRP. I should've just signed up for it back then..

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
I know the general manager and owner very well. Hell I called the GM as soon as the DarkHorse was revealed and said put me down for it.

Interesting list. I’ll be letting the group know if it gets approved. Maybe it was an oversight and says it can get X-Plan but when you try to push it through the pipe it gets blocked.
There were so many things not in place when the order bank opened. I would not be surprised if they didn't have a block for the DH in the x-plan system yet.

The x-plan page only added the 24MY in the last month or two.
Sponsored