• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ford Financing?

FlyNavy86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Gold Camry
Just curious what Ford is offering for financing right now on Mustangs. I can’t imagine it’s competitive, but figured I’d ask. My credit is 800+ but it would be good to hear for a variety of scores.
Sponsored

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Great question, anything under 8% would be excellent and closer to historical norms.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Long term secure loans run something like prime rate plus 2-3%. Credit cards and unsecured loans are much higher. There is an exception and ford will offer lower rates to encourage sales. It's not a great time to take out a loan but I suspect tomorrow it will be worst.
If you're unable to pay cash, I would suggest you put as much down as you can afford and try to pay the loan off early. A little warning, don't tap into your retirement account because the penalties are much higher that the interest you will pay.

Last edited:

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
could one us[e] ford interest advantage to help offset the loan rate?

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
Just curious what Ford is offering for financing right now on Mustangs. I can’t imagine it’s competitive, but figured I’d ask. My credit is 800+ but it would be good to hear for a variety of scores.
Last time I checked a couple months ago, it was 7%.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Does Ford lock you into a time period or can you pay off the loan early ? Also if you do pay off the loan early is the total interest over the full term added on top of the borrowed amount or is it amortized like a house mortgage for example. Thanks!

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Does Ford lock you into a time period or can you pay off the loan early ? Also if you do pay off the loan early is the total interest over the full term added on top of the borrowed amount or is it amortized like a house mortgage for example. Thanks!
To my knowledge, there's no penalty for an early payoff.

In fact, it occurred to me. Ford is offering a 3 month deferral on payments if you take delivery before 10/2. That's enough time to refinance for a lower rate.

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Long term secure loans run something like prime rate plus 2-3%. Credit cars and unsecured loans are much higher. There is an exception and ford will offer lower rates to encourage sales. It's not a great time to take out a loan but I suspect tomorrow it will be worst.
If you're unable to pay cash, I would suggest you put as much down as you can afford and try to pay the loan off early. A little warning, don't tap into your retirement account because the penalties are much higher that the interest you will pay.
imagine having a retirement account sheesh

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
imagine having a retirement account sheesh
It's a matter of setting your priorities. I never expected to inherit much money and I know I will want to quit work at some point. It's not exactly working out the way I expected because I am 72 years old and still working because I am keeping a promise and not because I need the money. A little money each month over time and sooner or later it becomes noticeable. I could write a book about it but Dave Ramsey already has written several.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
It's a matter of setting your priorities. I never expected to inherit much money and I know I will want to quit work at some point. It's not exactly working out the way I expected because I am 72 years old and still working because I am keeping a promise and not because I need the money. A little money each month over time and sooner or later it becomes noticeable. I could write a book about it but Dave Ramsey already has written several.
I am 66, but love cleaning houses, so do a couple a week. Gets me out of the house.

tin3rete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang 7g
As far as I know, the interest rate for Ford financing was around 7% a few months ago. However, the situation may have changed since then. Also, it's always a good idea to explore other financing options. Personally, when it comes to loans, I always seek expert advice from a Mortgage Broker in Mansfield. They consistently provide me with detailed guidance on choosing the most profitable and comfortable loan options, with the best rates tailored to my financial situation.

Last edited:

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Last month they were over 8%. We could only get 3 banks to offer us a loan as many banks and zero credit unions had any information on this car. Excellent credit and we got 7.6 I think

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
Last month they were over 8%. We could only get 3 banks to offer us a loan as many banks and zero credit unions had any information on this car. Excellent credit and we got 7.6 I think
That makes no sense to me. You give them the VIN and the purchase agreement, that's all the info that they can need/want.

I had no issue getting rates from 3 banks and 4 credit unions. 850+ credit score, got 5% for 60 months. But I honestly plan to pay it all off once I get a bit more stability in the stock market and feel better about liquidating more cash.
Sponsored