• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I would like the Mustang to be smaller. I get that traditionally its always been a 2+2 but cmon, who the hell NEEDS the rear seats? I've never met anyone happy to sit back there. Now say we could get a new Mustang that is strictly a 2 seater with an aluminium chassis while simultaneously loosing 300-400 pounds, holy hell would I buy that. Imagine that equation, slightly smaller wheelbase, and a bit more power from the Gen3 Coyote. It'd be the fastest Mustang GT yet while loosing what? the rear seats not fit for anything less than children? easy trade. The interior doesn't have to shrink for that to be accomplished and we could shed a buttload of weight in the process.
Change my mind.
Same argument as the Mach-E. It would not be a Mustang. 55 year heritage down the drain. Now if you really want a 2 seater I'm fine with that. We can call it a Pinto GT.
Sponsored

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP1
Same argument as the Mach-E. It would not be a Mustang. 55 year heritage down the drain. Now if you really want a 2 seater I'm fine with that. We can call it a Pinto GT.
this was tried recently on the t-bird. But it vanished again in the early 00s as fast as I came. Granted before my time but they had that look down to the T much like Chrysler did with the Prowler. Problem was a) dealers stuck on msrp b) low power c) it wasn’t the in for retro. Could it be revived? Yes!!! There was talks about 2/3 years ago on the other side (Lincoln) by launching a sports coupe under that brand. Not 100% why it died in the paper idea stages. Never got a straight answer. But it’s an interesting concept and could help Lincoln imagine appeal to the next gen besides the aviator which nailed it on ever front.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
I would like the Mustang to be smaller. I get that traditionally its always been a 2+2 but cmon, who the hell NEEDS the rear seats? I've never met anyone happy to sit back there. Now say we could get a new Mustang that is strictly a 2 seater with an aluminium chassis while simultaneously loosing 300-400 pounds, holy hell would I buy that. Imagine that equation, slightly smaller wheelbase, and a bit more power from the Gen3 Coyote. It'd be the fastest Mustang GT yet while loosing what? the rear seats not fit for anything less than children? easy trade. The interior doesn't have to shrink for that to be accomplished and we could shed a buttload of weight in the process.
Change my mind.
There are many people that use the back seats. You are arguing from your specific experience to the general. Mustang in its current form sells well compared to the smaller and lighter Camaro partly because it is more livable. Through the past 5 years and 50,000 miles, my backseat (and trunk with my Golf Clubs) have seen regular use. Ford is not in the business of manufacturing a car for you, they are manufacturing it to hit a wider audience in the range off 100,000 people.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app

airjonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ecoboost
So is this gonna be a whole new thing, or will it be a super revision ala the change from the 09 to 10 Mustang?

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT
This thread has been quoted in Australia too: https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/next-gen-ford-mustang-launch-date-confirmed

Should I admit that is how I discovered this thread? I need to get around more!

A dealer representative said to me late last year that the 2025 model year would be the very last Mustang. I presume he meant the last fossil fuel Mustang, an indication industry smoke signals suggested too.

Presuming the S650 will not be 100% electric (surely too early for that) maybe this investment by Ford gives hope that there will be V8 Mustangs for a few years yet.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Like the guys that bought the 2010 GT with the 4.6 only for 2011 to get the new 5.0? I still dont get why Ford did that I'd be PISSED if I had just bought a 2010 for the next year to get a HUGE power train upgrade.
I guess Mach 1 will have a lot of customers buy the 2nd refresh. But imagine Mustang7 having an hybrid powertrain for better acceleration it will easily be worth the wait.
But I really hope S650 will look like a brand new generation and not just as some minor tweaking. I am kind of worried that the success of the Mustang makes Ford not want to risk anything with the design.

By the time the S650 comes out there will not be a Camaro.
Even though there were rumors for 7th gen being on hold, in December there was a new survey from Chevy towards Camaro owners with possible engine choices for an upcoming Camaro, so currently the best guess is that they just skipped Alpha2 platform and go directly for VSS-R.
But with S650 launching in 2020 it can be a huge success since Challenger and Camaro should still be on the current generation then.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Not every adult is uncomfortable in the back seat of a Mustang. I am five feet 10 inches tall and weigh 160 pounds and have ridden in the back seat of my 1991 Fox Mustang and have not been uncomfortable . I think the Fox Mustang may even have had less room in the back seat than the current Mustang.

Whiskey11

Kill ALL the Cones!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Base GT/PP
Honestly, something about the S197 sized or just a hair smaller would be perfect for the Mustang... target weight of a GT should be about 3300lbs or less. Use aluminum, give us a superior front suspension design (and make it talk to the rear suspension.... looking at you 6th gen's still running stock shocks and sways.......), keep the weight low, keep the nice brakes and it'll be a killer car... Ford is FINALLY understanding what the pony car market wants out of the modern pony cars (neglecting the Mach E mess up), good handling and a usable car.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
This makes sense, since the new F250/350 version is an MY23.

YoloBathsalts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT - PP1
There are many people that use the back seats. You are arguing from your specific experience to the general. Mustang in its current form sells well compared to the smaller and lighter Camaro partly because it is more livable. Through the past 5 years and 50,000 miles, my backseat (and trunk with my Golf Clubs) have seen regular use. Ford is not in the business of manufacturing a car for you, they are manufacturing it to hit a wider audience in the range off 100,000 people.
Most geniuses weren't appreciated in their time. I forgive you.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium Royal Crimson convertible
There are many people that use the back seats.
Me amongst them. My 20 YO son who is about 5'8" has sat back there on occasion without complaining. Of course, the convertible with the top up has more headroom than the coupe. I'd rather not have someone behind me but I have done it. I just have my legs bent a little more than I like.
Sponsored