• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Yes, I'd expect a livestream of some description. However, I suspect the only info will be basic......such as confirmation of 2.3 Eco / 5.0 V8 / manual & auto gearboxes. Even on sale date will be something like "available Summer 2023".
Sponsored

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT Premium
That blue one sounds sooooo good. Ive checked my 2021 out with the resonator delete in tunnels, etc... and I go "its not there yet" lol. The wife is like its loud, I'm like nah, needs Roush axle back.

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
This was a cool reveal.........Ford invited representatives from Mustangs clubs to attend the 2010 reveal. I remember watching this live :)

2010 was the strangest year. They changed it up in 2011 and then 2013 refresh. Again in 2015.

No GT500 after 2014 until 2020.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Yeah, we will most certainly see some pics around the 10th of September...

However, I'm curious as to why they don't test drive the car with less camo. They certainly do somewhere but obviously not in public like the Germans do. I thought we would see a period of test drive vehicles with just a wrap and no further cameo but I doubt that will happen now given the reveal in around four weeks...

Then again BMW revealed the new 7 series and still had some camoed cars driving around for some time...

Presenting the car now and starting to sell it in March 23 doesn't make much sense to me and maybe they just reveal the exterior and interior and keep everything else under closure... I certainly wouldn't buy an S550 in October if I knew the new one is around the block...
i agree. I feel Ford was pushed into this and has to reveal early due to leaks. So we will just get a clearer view of the radically redesigned (and very nice) interior and the polarizing exterior. Power, weight, skid pad numbers, economy, etc. will likely only be revealed next year.

Ford will probably make a big stink out of “all new” platform (LOL), V8 engine still around, and manual transmissions, throw some heritage verbiage around, some sizzle reels of the car zooming around, a recap of the cars history to add some feels, and end it on a “more later,” “to be continued…” note.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
This was a cool reveal.........Ford invited representatives from Mustangs clubs to attend the 2010 reveal. I remember watching this live :)

it was a response the the newly launched Camaro, which threw down some serious hp at The time. Competition is great. Let’s see what they do with no Camaro. Hopefully they aim higher rather than get comfy.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer ST, 2001 Avalon
Haven't seen it discussed before but how does everyone else feel about the hood scoop?
Personally, I don't like it at all.
1. I think it's a reference to older carbureted cars but with current tech, it's just not needed.
2. Unless they do get a decent ram-air effect from it, that location is a low pressure zone which is not ideal for an intake.
3. That location on the hood is ideal for air extraction from behind the radiator so having an intake there doesn't leave room for air extraction.

To me, seems like Ford chose form over function with this car.

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Haven't seen it discussed before but how does everyone else feel about the hood scoop?
1. I think it's a reference to older carbureted cars but with current tech, it's just not needed.
2. Unless they do get a decent ram-air effect from it, that location is a low pressure zone which is not ideal for an intake.
3. That location on the hood is ideal for air extraction from behind the radiator so having an intake there doesn't leave room for air extraction.

Based on the leak, we don't know if it is a scoop or extractor. I thought this was already stated.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer ST, 2001 Avalon
Based on the leak, we don't know if it is a scoop or extractor. I thought this was already stated.
Oh, could be. Based on the renderings I've seen, seems like people think it's a scoop. The chazcron rendering shows it as a scoop

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra

personally, I don’t think it’s accurate. Though Ford appears to be adding back some features that were deleted from the s197 and s550, I don’t think fake scoops is part of the theme.

the location may be close, but it will be an extractor behind the radiator and gap between the engine and radiator.

the side scoops will be functional as well, though the benefit will be little to none.

in all of design, there was a decade plus of minimalism, rebelling against the random clutter junk that preceded it. We are e bettering a new era in design where the value gained from minimalism will be maintained, but with added flair and character that remains authentic to the mission of the design. The mustang will add character, but it will be authentic to its design, not totally meaningless, random, or just an adornment, beyond the pony badge, etc.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Maybe this:
I swear to God, if ford's head of marketing or whatever his official title is openly teases the s650, and then says stay tuned for an announcement tonight, but it's just like a final s550 trim package, I'm gonna shit a brick and throw it through his window.

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2021 Mach 1
I swear to God, if ford's head of marketing or whatever his official title is openly teases the s650, and then says stay tuned for an announcement tonight, but it's just like a final s550 trim package, I'm gonna shit a brick and throw it through his window.
Probably details on the night pony :(

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
he says “more mustang news to share” sounds like it’s separate news from the 7th gen. But I’m sure they’ll give us a teaser.
Sponsored