• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
I'm a cynic. If the hybrid shows up it'll be there just to claw some miniscule CAFE numbers back. I'd bet it'll be the F150's 'hybrid' powertrain aka PowerBoost and A10 only. I seriously doubt they'll have married it up to the Coyote but who knows...

First rule of Mustang product development - if the F-150 doesn't have it, the Mustang doesn't get it.
So there IS hope for AWD yet...😜

...no wait, F-150 has 4x4...never mind. 😭
Sponsored

Last edited:

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
maybe they'll raise the RPM redline 200 RPM. :)
Does that qualify as a useful improvement?

IMO mustang is done and finished. This is just a styling exercise to claim the brand is alive even if it's a zombie shuffle. Just because an S650 hybrid powertrain was worked on or even fully developed doesn't mean they'll actually deploy it. Many a good idea gets thrown away.

I'm a cynic. If the hybrid shows up it'll be there just to claw some miniscule CAFE numbers back. I'd bet it'll be the F150's 'hybrid' powertrain aka PowerBoost and A10 only. I seriously doubt they'll have married it up to the Coyote but who knows...

First rule of Mustang product development - if the F-150 doesn't have it, the Mustang doesn't get it.
I'm of the exact opposite mentality, with the coupe, mach-e and other variants and expansions of the mustang brand almost certainly being in development, I think the mustang brand is getting more attention than ever. Also, on the topic of hybrid's, one of ford's engineers put in their LinkedIn page that they worked on the 5.0 hybrid for the s650. Once people noticed this, the employee altered their profile so it no longer included any info about the s650. Implying this information is credible.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Well… it’s getting real.

I truly hope they made some major design aesthetic improvements far and away from any “leak” or render we’ve seen Up to now.

also, the engine lineup, even if carryover should beat least 30 more horsepower. Bad enough the GT DECREASED by 10 horsepower this year. So the increase of 30 hp will really just be 20.

and that may be part of the reason Ford bumped the power down this year.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm sure those of you that want a Prius Mustang will get it before too long. Hybrids are definitely coming.
I'm crossing my fingers for a performance version of the 7.3 with a manual transmission behind it. That would interest me, especially if Ford gets the weight of the car down a little and avoids adding anything related to fuel economy.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Well… it’s getting real.

I truly hope they made some major design aesthetic improvements far and away from any “leak” or render we’ve seen Up to now.

also, the engine lineup, even if carryover should beat least 30 more horsepower. Bad enough the GT DECREASED by 10 horsepower this year. So the increase of 30 hp will really just be 20.

and that may be part of the reason Ford bumped the power down this year.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Yes. I think we're all expecting that, inclusive hopefully of the transmission as well.
Agreed, I expect the base GT to be similar in output to the current Mach 1 with maybe a 10hp bump, and I hope the manual is carried over as well.

My wish is the GT350/cobra/whatever to have AWD V8 power and possibly electic drive at the front, but probably not. I would be a buyer though.

ACR2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT Premium w/PP (Sold)
So excited to see this! Sold my '15 a few years ago and regret it EVERY SINGLE DAY. Question is to order one as soon as it is available or wait for their other trims (GT350, Cobra, etc.) 🤔🤔

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Can't wait to see the design, it has to be quite remarkable. It's been called everything from poster car worthy to gorgeous and stunning. Really hope it delivers.

Flipzide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mazda Miata S/C
Quite exciting to finally have a date. Been going back and forth on buying a Mach 1 or a used GT350 and I don't mind waiting to see how the new model turns out.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Awesome to hear, even though I hoped they would do a standalone event for fans and press like the C8 Corvette reveal where they could go in very deep detail.

Now I just hope they will do a big livestream at a time that is watchable for europe too :thumbsup: