• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Good to see you back here @amk91 :)

I'll admit, I prefer the facelift front end....well, the lights and grille at least, I prefer the lower fascia from the pre-facelift. But the Mach 1 is the best of the bunch, in my opinion!

Thank you for the fact-check on when S650's design was signed off........my assumption that it was designed and signed off before the Mach E was just that, an (incorrect) assumption. You detailed input is always appreciated.

Now, what we really need are more spy shots! It's been well over 5 weeks since the last ones. Clearly the spy photographers are there, as Ford Authority have recently posted reports and photos of '22MY cars out testing (the GT500 in Brittany Blue and a California Special in Grabber Blue). Hopefully Ford don't keep us waiting much longer for our next fix! :)
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
On the topic of styling..........I was getting an alignment on my S197 this morning and these two were parked side by side outside. I've often thought the F-Type as an upmarket 2-door Mustang.......and the latest facelift F-Type looks SO much better in the metal than in photos. Squint, and that front end is not too far off the sculpture. I wouldn't be surprised if S650 looks pretty close to this with the larger grille and thinner lights. Note how the top of the headlamp is in line with the top of the wheel/tire.

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ S550 v Jag F-Tpye
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ S650 sculpture (2)

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
that's what I pointed out previously. Ford and Jag have common staff, or when they re-split, someone "kept" the design portfolio of the other. Or they just shamelessly copy each other back and forth.

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
that's what I pointed out previously. Ford and Jag have common staff, or when they re-split, someone "kept" the design portfolio of the other. Or they just shamelessly copy each other back and forth.
Idk if people remember this but Ian Callum was design director at both Jaguar and Aston martin, and worked at Ford until the 90's I believe.

Ford's design VP(retired last year) was none other than... Moray Callum, Ian's younger brother. The design influences and similarities are probably not a coincidence.

People like to say Ford designs like Fusion and Mustang look way too similar to Aston's and Jag's, but if you ask me that's a bit like telling me my girlfriend looks a bit too much like Jessica Alba... I ain't mad about it :crackup:

Last edited:

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof

Have tried to follow the link (to girlfriend Jessica I presume),
bit unfortunately:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
The requested page could not be found.
[/QUOTE]

Ignore the link, I hadn't had my coffee and mistakenly pasted my homework. Unless you really wanna read a boring paper about macroeconomics :cwl:

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT
I'll admit, I prefer the facelift front end....well, the lights and grille at least, I prefer the lower fascia from the pre-facelift. But the Mach 1 is the best of the bunch, in my opinion!
I agree with all of that Paul.

Ford should employ the person who designs the Saleen lower fascia:

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 2019-saleen-s302-white-label_100739411_h

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

2019-saleen-s302-white-label_100739411_h.jpg
It's a little bland, but I do like it better than the 2018+ design.

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-GrandΓ©
I like this too, but the Greenhouse is a bit Low, with Small Window Openings and it does retain a lot of S197. The Swept Tail and Spoiler is Nice.
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 1648503811761

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I like this too, but the Greenhouse is a bit Low, with Small Window Openings and it does retain a lot of S197. The Swept Tail and Spoiler is Nice.
1648503811761.jpeg
It's nice, I'd like it more if the front wheels were moved up about a foot, and the front end graphics were modernized. But aside from that, not bad.

SkyZykS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Mustang GT manual fastback.
It's nice, I'd like it more if the front wheels were moved up about a foot, and the front end graphics were modernized. But aside from that, not bad.
Now if it was a mid engine car and that scoop was functional then we would really have a car.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray

2019-saleen-s302-white-label_100739411_h.jpg
I think the body colors parts in the side intakes look really off. To me they perfected the S550 design with the Mach 1. If they had released this design as the MY2018 refresh I maybe wouldn't have ended up with a Camaro instead.
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description πŸ•΅πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 1648542950498
Sponsored

Last edited: