• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I think the batteries will be adequately insulated so as to prevent excessive fires in the event of a collision. Karen will crash it, but it shouldn't burn :crackup:
Karen will be driving it as they think all mustangs are driven. Will be a good time to stay off the roads. Saving vacation time now.
Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I work from home :like:
I'm essential....working in a warehouse full of military vehicle parts. I've known I was essential pre pandemic though because snow days. It's doctors, police, fire, and us lol

Would be cool to see V8 with electric motors in front to make it AWD. What say your napkin about that?

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
I'm essential....working in a warehouse full of military vehicle parts. I've known I was essential pre pandemic though because snow days. It's doctors, police, fire, and us lol

Would be cool to see V8 with electric motors in front to make it AWD. What say your napkin about that?
Yeah, maybe they mean every one will be "electrified" instead of all electric.
I'd be cool with a smaller V8/Hybrid with the motor at the engine/trans area or at the wheels.
We've all seen the drawings of the V8 with the front motors...like you said man.

I could stomach a hybrid V8, but anything less will lose my interest.
I don't want a hybrid I4 or V6, or an all electric car.

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
US army on McChord? I worked with a young kid from Nepal who got his green card after serving there as an armorer.
Lewis but same thing. Joint Base Lewis McChord is the newer official name. Love using the auto shop on post for lift access. Sucks it's closed for Covid now as I need new oil and don't want to take my car anywhere but also don't like to crawl on the ground anymore.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
What are the chances of EV and ICE both being a powerplant option in the same(ish) car? Whoever goes first in the big 3 is going to take a chance and the other 2 would follow or not depending on how those sales go I would think. The not so mustang EV could be argued as putting the toe in the water I guess but it's very far removed from what we love in a car. The lithium mustang is pretty cool for a 1 off but not sure I would trade mine for it. But if you have the option to go V8, turbo 4, or electric or maybe hybrid in the S750, that could be cool. Likely too much of a change to make ICE and EV work together like that though.
It’s possible but not likely for anything that is to be considered high volume. Some European brands are considering that because they don’t have the brand volume to fund two different platforms, especially if one of them is electric only. Ford is sorta doing that now with the F150 BEV that’s coming in the next year or so. That was already in the oven before they invested in Rivian. Otherwise there is little doubt they would do BEV on a skateboard and ICE on a traditional platform. Trying to build ICE and BEV on the same platform will at some point compromise one, the other, or both.

Last edited:

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
I just need a manual trans. Like the electric sema stang

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I really hope a lot of these stories consist of just floating thoughts out to the market to get feedback rather than ironclad "plans". I bet that Ford can be quite flexible when it comes to accommodating the market and changing plans if need be.

Hopefully this next gen S650 will be here soon and available options and the car itself won't be too different from the current gen. The electric and hybrid talk scares me a lot - I have to admit. I'm really not ready to stop buying new NA only V8 manual transmission RWD Mustangs.

And if the next generation Mustang platform means there will be no V8, I'm fine if they wait another 8, 10, or 20 years to release it.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I just need a manual trans. Like the electric sema stang
I'm right there with you. Manual transmission to me is a must, until I'm literally not given a choice. I've gone out of my way to always buy stick, never owned auto. I know that eventually I probably won't have a choice, but I'll always try.

I really hope a lot of these stories consist of just floating thoughts out to the market to get feedback rather than ironclad "plans". I bet that Ford can be quite flexible when it comes to accommodating the market and changing plans if need be.

Hopefully this next gen S650 will be here soon and available options and the car itself won't be too different from the current gen. The electric and hybrid talk scares me a lot - I have to admit. I'm really not ready to stop buying new NA only V8 manual transmission RWD Mustangs.

And if the next generation Mustang platform means there will be no V8, I'm fine if they wait another 8, 10, or 20 years to release it.
Yea, I've mentioned this in other sections/forums here too. Hybrid or lack of manual or V8 is a tad scary. Wife has a hybrid. Boring, safe, fuel efficient. But I never sit into that car excited to drive, even though I overall love driving.
I'm guessing, if I can afford it, the next model year that's going to interest me is roughly 2025 probably. By then we'll know how long the S650 is going to run for if it's introduced in 2023, or if there is a brand new thing for 2028 or whatever..

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT

This.

There's been much talk of disappointment in that S650 won't be all new, and will just be a revised D2C architecture.......but if all-new (S750) mean no ICE, then I hope S650 lasts at least 8 years. It'll be a sad, sad day when you can no longer buy a V8 Mustang. I'll take whatever compromises come with a rehashed platform if it means we can still buy what we love.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429, Tesla Model 3
This.

There's been much talk of disappointment in that S650 won't be all new, and will just be a revised D2C architecture.......but if all-new (S750) mean no ICE, then I hope S650 lasts at least 8 years. It'll be a sad, sad day when you can no longer buy a V8 Mustang. I'll take whatever compromises come with a rehashed platform if it means we can still buy what we love.
I would be willing to bet that a V8 Mustang will live on in some form well into the 2030's.... I can see a plan where the Shelby or other specialty Mustangs retain a V8 of some form while the S750 goes all electric. Basically the specialty Mustangs stay on a modified S650 platform while the S750 goes to a dedicated BEV platform.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '00 Corvette
I would be willing to bet that a V8 Mustang will live on in some form well into the 2030's.... I can see a plan where the Shelby or other specialty Mustangs retain a V8 of some form while the S750 goes all electric. Basically the specialty Mustangs stay on a modified S650 platform while the S750 goes to a dedicated BEV platform.
I think that would be an expensive proposition to have 2 different architectures to support 2 powertrains of a niche vehicle, even if it is a halo car.

After reviewing Ford's commitment to carbon neutrality, I theorize that the 7th gen Mustang could last awhile with gas and gas-electic hybrids, while the Mach-E counts as a part of total Mustang volume and has an effect on the vehicle line's carbon footprint and fuel economy. In other words, the Mach-E provides an offset to the gas engines. However, as soon as the F-series pickups go full electric, that is the triggering event for a full electric Mustang. I assume the product planners are trying to figure out all this stuff now. I am really watching the sales of the all-electric F-150 as an indicator of how long we might have a gas-powered Mustang.
Sponsored