• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Report: Next-Gen Shelby GT500 Mules (Coupe & Convertible) Have Begun Testing

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
"Ford is currently running two mules – one coupe, and one convertible, both of which are lower to the ground and sport much wider tracks than any other S650 variant, including the current range-topper, the Dark Horse. These mules are equipped with quad exhaust tips, as well as carbon fiber wheels, which will likely be available as an option. The pair of prototypes look and sound very aggressive overall, as one might assume given what we’ve come to expect from the GT500 over the years."

https://fordauthority.com/2023/04/ford-begins-testing-s650-mustang-shelby-gt500-mules-exclusive/

Title says it all, really. Do you guys think there's any validity to this? There are no photos, just a description, so I don't know what to think yet.

Personally I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for if I see anything out of the ordinary. 👀
Sponsored

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
true or not, i personally would love to see Ford go all out and use their new partnership with Redbull F1 and make the new king pony a 1k+ hp V8 hybrid. i doubt they would, but it would be awesome to see.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Ford Authority is relatively credible. They don't always get it right, but they clearly have established insider sources. So yeah, I think this is accurate. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw spy pics in a few weeks or months if they're already testing prototypes.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
We shouldn't get too much into the testcar variants. I think the 'old' GT500 also had a convertible tested and it didn't come to fruition.

Back then the chassis wouldn't support that much power so we probably don't get a high power convertible this time around...

AllthePonies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
i mean obviously take anything people say regarding leaks and inside sources with a grain of salt, but that doesnt mean they should be ignored entirely. who knows, it might not be the GT500 their testing, maybe theyre doing trial runs of that potential GT3 road car Jim was teasing last month. maybe theyre also doing trial runs of the DH convertible to see if they can reasonably bring it to market without compromising numbers, this stuff tends blurry until the last moment.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Need to see some spy shots before I get excited for a halo-S650.

That being said, perhaps this image (in the background of official photos released by Ford) gives us an indication as to what it might look like.

S650 Mustang Report: Next-Gen Shelby GT500 Mules (Coupe & Convertible) Have Begun Testing S650 GT500 Render 2

OP
OP

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Need to see some spy shots before I get excited for a halo-S650.

That being said, perhaps this image (in the background of official photos released by Ford) gives us an indication as to what it might look like.

S650 GT500 Render 2.jpg
This looks too much like a Cadillac at the front end to me, so I hope they expand on the design.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I’m at the Mustang Owner’s Museum for National Mustang Day. There will be some Ford folks here tomorrow. Will certainly be asking questions.

SndV8M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Lariat FX4
I’m at the Mustang Owner’s Museum for National Mustang Day. There will be some Ford folks here tomorrow. Will certainly be asking questions.
I am going to WHQ on monday for Mustang's 59th birthday celebration.