• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
2028 if true IMHO is entirely to late to electrify the 2 door Mustang. As Dodge just showed last night, with a focus on performance and not strictly on efficiency, you can make an EV with “character”. This dodge EV will be out around 2024 as a MY25 vehicle. The Camaro will be gone and the Mustang is shaping up to be just a warmed over S550 with carry over powertrains that will NOT be able to compete with the Dodge EVs.

Personally MY26 or 2025 would be a good time for Ford to introduce the true EV mustang. Let the 650 with the V8 continue alongside the EV until the end of the decade but get that EV out quicker. That’s the only way the true 2 door mustang will survive…
IMO the people buying Mustangs in general are not the people who want EVs. Heck, if you want an EV right now you can buy one. You can even buy one with the little pony on it.

I think Dodge EVs will fall flat and Ford is smart to delay a conversion as long as possible. I know that in the past I liked and wanted to own a Challenger, but I have no interest at all in a new EV Dodge. I would already have worried about reliability, but with a brand new TYPE of vehicle? Even if I liked EVs I wouldn't consider a Dodge EV. I think all manufacturers should wait as long as possible for better batteries and only do what is required for now. When better batteries come out that will help a lot to improve EVs.

I do agree with what you are saying about performance of the next generation of Mustang. I'm an engine person and I like performance engines. But even if Ford only changes the body - if they can get 200+ pounds out of the Mustang it will improve performance enough that I might be interested. If there are no changes other than cosmetics I will keep what I have. If the car gets even heavier I wouldn't buy it even if I absolutely needed to buy something (due to an accident or something).

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
F' it. Bring in on. Once there are only EV Mustangs available, that will be one less thing for me to think about.

I won't be buying any EV Mustangs, won't be on any forums. Won't have to worry about next gen, horsepower numbers, prices, any of that.

I'll get, like, 3 hours of my day back. Sounds good. I'll stick with what I got.
By 2035 Europe will no longer sell ICE vehicles so there will be an electric Mustang in its future.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
A lot can happen between now and then.
like the states surrounding California refusing to sell power to them, or charging outrageous rates, so Sacremento abandons it's mind-boggling stupidity and builds power plants to support it's domestic demand. I mean 'green' power is the future, right?

How about showing the world how it's done? You guys have the GDP of what top 20 countries in the world all on your own? Talk to Spain - they tried this foolishness and see where it got them. Maybe you can get their memo on Lessons Learned, so you don't make the same mistakes?

Oh, you can't do it without your citizens revolting and wielding pitchforks or worse? Huh, funny how that works...

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I mean 'green' power is the future, right?
Yes, it is. It certainly isn't coal. That's dead. Fossil fuels. Nope, that's going the way of the Dodo bird. Solar and wind. The tech isn't available for widespread use and may never be.

That leaves pretty much one. 55% of South Carolina's power is provided by it today. Nuclear is the path for the future. A few years ago I would have said a hard no on this too. But today's nuclear isn't Three Mile Island. The tech has improved to a point that I believe it should be reconsidered again. Would solve a lot of issues.

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
Honestly, most people will buy EVs, just like they buy ICEs. Remember, the VAST majority of people do not care how fast their car goes. A good portion don't even care how fast it gets from 0-60. Take a look at all the people running Explorers, Trailblazers, Escapes, etc. MOST people what a car that is practical, supports their lifestyle, and in general allows them the freedom do what they need to do without it severely impacting their lives.

A non-majority of people care about performance.
More care about 0-60 and how a car accelerates from 50 or 60 to 60 or 70 (for passing) far more than they care about how fast it can go down a 1/4 mile. That's right...more people care about how the car will perform on the road where they drive it 99+ percent of the time than they will will about taking it to the track.

People on these forums are not the majority of people who buy cars. They are not even the majority of Mustang buyers.

EVs will come. The government is forcing it on us. Washington State by 2030, California by 2035, all new vehicles will be EVs.

Let's hope that Ford and Chevrolet will follow Dodge's lead and make at least one fun to drive car.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, it is. It certainly isn't coal. That's dead. Fossil fuels. Nope, that's going the way of the Dodo bird. Solar and wind. The tech isn't available for widespread use and may never be.

That leaves pretty much one. 55% of South Carolina's power is provided by it today. Nuclear is the path for the future. A few years ago I would have said a hard no on this too. But today's nuclear isn't Three Mile Island. The tech has improved to a point that I believe it should be reconsidered again. Would solve a lot of issues.
Its been told by the US Government that electrified vehicles are only a stop gap solution until the real fuel get into production (hydrogen). Hydrogen-fueled internal combustion engines, using ammonia as the carrier, are an immediate, viable way to convert to a carbon emission free environment.

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red

You got it. Nuclear is the ONLY way they can meet the demand that's being created (forced).
I live in CA, and I don't have the time to type all teh dumb stuff they're doing to shift from natural gas to electricity. The grid can't cover it as it is now.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429, Tesla Model 3
Its been told by the US Government that electrified vehicles are only a stop gap solution until the real fuel get into production (hydrogen). Hydrogen-fueled internal combustion engines, using ammonia as the carrier, are an immediate, viable way to convert to a carbon emission free environment.
Except for the fact that it takes FAR more energy to generate hydrogen then you would get out of the combustion or consumption of it….. Yes current ICE vehicles could be made to run on hydrogen with little effort. But the generation and safe storage of hydrogen is a big issue that is yet to be solved.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Except for the fact that it takes FAR more energy to generate hydrogen then you would get out of the combustion or consumption of it….. Yes current ICE vehicles could be made to run on hydrogen with little effort. But the generation and safe storage of hydrogen is a big issue that is yet to be solved.
Today, there are over 150 hydrogen fuel cell buses in revenue-generating operational service in over 10 cities across Europe. In Germany, RVK runs the largest fuel cell bus fleet in Europe.

Last edited:

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429, Tesla Model 3
By 2035, there will be a solution.
IF a solution is found, Nuclear is still the way to go for mass grid applications (fusion and fission).

For vehicles, EVs still win on the simplicity and maintenance fronts and current battery limitations will be a thing of the past when solid state batteries come to market (2026 timeframe). So even if hydrogen generation and storage can be solved, it’s still going to be a niche product. ICE performance vehicles could live on with hydrogen but it will NOT be the replacement fuel of the future.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IF a solution is found, Nuclear is still the way to go for mass grid applications (fusion and fission).

For vehicles, EVs still win on the simplicity and maintenance fronts and current battery limitations will be a thing of the past when solid state batteries come to market (2026 timeframe). So even if hydrogen generation and storage can be solved, it’s still going to be a niche product. ICE performance vehicles could live on with hydrogen but it will NOT be the replacement fuel of the future.
I rewrote my post to what was happening in Europe.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
The more I think about it, the more a properly engineered hybrid makes sense.

not only does it keep the American V8 “soul” and character, but ithas Potential to extend range by a lot.

let’s say the electric motors do most of the work and the much smaller v8 is there primarily syncing with those motors to not only add a bit of power to the equation (heck, even if they didn’t and only existed to feed the electric motors), but true exhaust note as well as —— provide current to recharging batteries. In a multi battery setup, one battery can be active while the others charge.

it would be the best of all worlds.

and it wouldcertainly ensure the mustang thrives as a bit of a rebel as has been its core since inception.

dodge going the full Tesla route + vacuum cleaner synced to the “throttle” input flies in the face of what has sold their muscle cars for so long.

enter the Mustang, looking like no other mustang before, faster than any mustang before, handling better than any mustang before, getting better range/mpg than ever, sounding like every hot v8 mustang that came before, and reminding a stale and increasingly gimmicky segment what it is to be an American muscle car on the world stage.

I may be crazy, but I think people would buy that up. I know I would - and be proud of it.
Sponsored

Last edited: