• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Performance package is it worth it

Rfox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
So, I am going to order a new GT Premium. Should I add the performance pack? I will never have it on the track or drive it in that way. It will just be my daily car going to and from the store, etc.
Sponsored

allenquanobi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
i don't have the performance pack and have similar driving habits. Just using it as my daily driver to commute and do chores. To me, the car is still really fun and suits my driving style and habits. What I do wish is that they had the PP spoiler as a separate option because that thing looks really cool. It would take someone more experienced than I to go into detail about if the bigger brakes are worth it for longevity or reliability as that is the only thing that I find myself thinking would be worth it for non-competitive driving.

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
For me, I picked the Performance pack for a couple of reasons:
- Magneride is quite noticeable for a daily, when in comfort normal setting, i donā€™t feel any road bumps for long trips. And yet super stiff in sport or even stiffer in track mode.
- Brembo brakes, Torsen Diff, and 275 tires.

You only get it onceā€¦

Pmamba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
If you start debating with yourself just get it if you can afford it. Or any other options. Iā€™ve been down the coulda shoulda road.

NeedFor6Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT Prem AtlsBlu/SpceGry/6Spd/401A/PP/ActvExhst
I think you've answered your own question. if you're really not going to drive it that hard, or don't really want or need any of those features, then save 5K (Or spend it on mods). Wheels, spoilers, etc. can be added in the aftermarket, or buy some of those stock items from others here in the forum. If you really just like the look of the car, and don't want the V8 rumble or the manual, consider the EcoBoost Premium and really save some money.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
I prefer to have something and not use it over not having something and wanting or needing it. I have no intentions, today, to track the car and did get the PP.

NeedFor6Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT Prem AtlsBlu/SpceGry/6Spd/401A/PP/ActvExhst
I prefer to have something and not use it over not having something and wanting or needing it. I have no intentions, today, to track the car and did get the PP.
That's the question, right? Regret. If you're always going to wish you had a couple of those features, then go ahead and get them from the start. If you know you won't use them/don't want them, then skip it, or use some of that money elsewhere. I'm 95% sure I won't track mine, but I also like having all the equipment in that Pkg. Plus I happen to like those wheels. You could spend 3-4K on aftermarket wheels & tires, and still not be getting bigger brakes, better diff, strut tower brace, hand brake, etc.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
We didnā€™t get it as we didnā€™t feel the 5 grand charge was needed. No need for a drift brake/emergency brake handle as the switch works just fine. Wider tires we didnā€™t need as itā€™s not going to be raced or tracked and costs more when replacing and you canā€™t rotate the tires so they wear faster. The standard suspension works just fine and even though the magna ride would be nice to have as an option we wouldnā€™t be using it as intended. Bigger brakes are always helpful but I can upgrade for less, and the rear end wasnā€™t an issue as the car still shits and gets with a 3.15 ratio and being half a car quicker or less in the quarter mile means nothing. If I want a quick car on the street or the track, this car wouldnā€™t be it and it sure would t be a convertible.
With that being said, if you remotely think you would utilize those upgrades to their potential and you can swing it, get the PP.

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Oxford White Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
Just like Insurance!! Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. Poor example perhaps but makes sense. If itā€™s a financial decision, then let that lead the way. I wanted it as a carry over from my S550 PP1.

509Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F-150 4X4. Waiting on 2024 GT convertible in
I loaded my GT convertible with everything except Recaro seats because I like heated and cooled seats. Performance package a10 magna ride adjustable valve exhaust. Zero regrets so far. Itā€™s only money and lā€™m an old guy so I might as well spend it and be happy!!

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
I loaded my GT convertible with everything except Recaro seats because I like heated and cooled seats. Performance package a10 magna ride adjustable valve exhaust. Zero regrets so far. Itā€™s only money and lā€™m an old guy so I might as well spend it and be happy!!
Good Point.
There are no U-Hauls behind a Hurst!
Iā€™m also an Old Guy.
You never know when your Ticket will get Punched?
Too be young again and know what you know now.

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
Thatā€™s a life advice right thereā€¦ a lot of people waste their life saving for the unknown, they end up too old to drive and missed the potential fun they could have had.

At least for once, own the car of your dreams, spec it the way youā€™d feel good about it. And drive it like you stole it.

509Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F-150 4X4. Waiting on 2024 GT convertible in
Good Point.
There are no U-Hauls behind a Hurst!
Iā€™m also an Old Guy.
You never know when your Ticket will get Punched?
Too be young again and know what you know now.
Early 70s and figure I would have one last fast toy. Iā€™ve owned and ridden fast motorcycles driven fast cars and raced 4 cylinder mini stocks on a half mile Tri oval. One last hurrah!!

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
IMO, I have had both non PP Mustangs and PP Mustangs and it is night and day even for daily driving. Where there this difference is something you want in a daily driver is also up too you.

Is it worth it is up to you and your financial situation.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Not to sound like a broken record but if you can afford the Performance Package, get it.

It reminds me when I was negotiating the price of my previous truck. The sales rep said he could knock a couple thousand off the price if I don't get 4WD. For me, I'm glad I got it. Did I use it a lot? Nope. But it sure did come in handy when the unexpected happened. Not saying that the Performance Pack will have the same effect, but you get the idea.
Sponsored