• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Order the Active Valve Pefromance Exhaust or go aftermarket exhaust?

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Yeah, I have added it to the order. One last decision is if the upgraded sound system is worth the price of adding Ford CoPilot for 1095. I will never use the CoPilot options just might want the upgraded sound.
I haven't heard the base system, but the upgraded system, IMO, is excellent! Clean and crisp throughout with clean sounding bass. Definitely recommend!

Edit: I don't use the copilot 360 either, but the upgrade was still worth it to me.
Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Ordering a new 2024 GT and debating between ordering the Active Valve Perfromance Exhaust or just installing aftermarket after it arrives. Just curious what the groups thoughts are on it. Thanks in advance.
I ordered the AE, I originally didn't want to do it. You just don't save any money by not doing it as you have to buy the rear valance and in the end I just felt like it was better to get the AE.,

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
I ordered the AE, I originally didn't want to do it. You just don't save any money by not doing it as you have to buy the rear valance and in the end I just felt like it was better to get the AE.,
Same....

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
I have AE and love it. Would not have bought one without it.
[/QUOTE
I was on the fence.
Didn’t know anything about it until the test drive.
We test drove a GT without the AE & we drove one with.
My Wife loved the AE.
We ordered the GT with the AE.

bweber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium, 17 V6 Convertible, 20 EB, 01 V6
Ordering a new 2024 GT and debating between ordering the Active Valve Perfromance Exhaust or just installing aftermarket after it arrives. Just curious what the groups thoughts are on it. Thanks in advance.
I got AE on my 24 GT and it was totally worth it.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Have you looked at aftermarket exhaust prices? The AE is worth it and it’ll save you money. To each is their own, but I can’t justify a couple grand for sound enhancement and I now live in a neighborhood so keeping them happy helps my life.

OP
OP

boostedep3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
I'm going to order the AE when I place my order Monday. My rationale when asking was, take the 1200 and just put that towards the new exhaust immediately. I did love the AE on my Bullitt so it makes sense to get it on this one.

cosmo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2024 GT
I think the AE is a great feature and sounds terrific. My only problem with the AE is the extremely weak single wall tips. They look terribly cheap, especially compared to any other American sports car which all have double wall/rolled tips.

So I chose to do without and ordered the Roush mufflers for $800. They look and sound great. Absolutely zero drone and a nice aggressive throaty tone. No quiet mode, but I never start the car up before 7:30am.
S650 Mustang Order the Active Valve Pefromance Exhaust or go aftermarket exhaust? IMG_0928

Last edited:

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Go AE. Unless you want an extremely loud exhaust, it is great. No drone either.
Sponsored