• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Active Valve Exhaust - How Important Is It?

JohnP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
I ordered my GT Convertible in late May. I was excited to learn it's set for production 7/19. Window sticker generated and I noticed the price went down approx. $1,300. I realized the Active Valve Exhaust wasn't included. It was on my initial order document but not on the window sticker. After speaking with the dealer, I learned it was there error and they claim it's too late to have it adjusted. My option now is to accept the car without AVE or reorder and start the process all over again. I am leaning toward just accepting it without AVE. But I don't have a strong understanding of how important AVE really is. I get that it can reduce or increase the sound of the exhaust. I don't really care that much about that. But does it have any legit impact on performance? I would appreciate insights from those here. Thanks!
Sponsored

Damian_21ST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I ordered my GT Convertible in late May. I was excited to learn it's set for production 7/19. Window sticker generated and I noticed the price went down approx. $1,300. I realized the Active Valve Exhaust wasn't included. It was on my initial order document but not on the window sticker. After speaking with the dealer, I learned it was there error and they claim it's too late to have it adjusted. My option now is to accept the car without AVE or reorder and start the process all over again. I am leaning toward just accepting it without AVE. But I don't have a strong understanding of how important AVE really is. I get that it can reduce or increase the sound of the exhaust. I don't really care that much about that. But does it have any legit impact on performance? I would appreciate insights from those here. Thanks!
No its not important and no i doesnt increase hp if you ever decide to go with an aftermarket which is better sounding and give a performance boost by like 5hp lol

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
it's nothing to worry about, probably best to go with an aftermarket axleback or catback system anyways. it does mean that you are going to have the dual instead of the quad exhaust, but if you want the quad you can get a system that has it and swap out the diffuser. here's the part numbers for those, "PR3Z-17F828-DA" if you have park aid, "PR3Z-17F828-CA" if no park aid

ItsRoyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 mustang
No its not important and no i doesnt increase hp if you ever decide to go with an aftermarket which is better sounding and give a performance boost by like 5hp lol
It boosts hp by a measly 6. On the GT it brings the hp up to 486 vs 480.

@JohnP Totally your preference. If you live around a lot of ppl might be nice to have the "quiet" mode option that comes with AVE but other than that probably not remotely necessary.

TBH tho I would probably reorder if this happened to me. But I'm super picky and I want what I want. I'm sure you'll be plenty happy without it!

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
You just lose 6 horses and the ability to fluctuate sound. You can get the horses by just replacing with high flow mufflers. The one pain is that you'll have to buy and install a new rear valance if you want mufflers with quad tips

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
I would not consider accepting it without AEV personally, but everyone's situation is different. I test drove a '22 with active exhaust and to me it's a great thing to have. If you live in a quiet residential neighborhood like me, and leave for work at 5am like me, the ability to quiet the exhaust is pretty important unless you want your neighbors to hate you LOL. I would just re-order and get it as you originally wanted it.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
You do also lose quad-tipped exhaust and will have to get a new diffuser if you ever wanted it.

Damian_21ST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150

@JohnP Totally your preference. If you live around a lot of ppl might be nice to have the "quiet" mode option that comes with AVE but other than that probably not remotely necessary.

TBH tho I would probably reorder if this happened to me. But I'm super picky and I want what I want. I'm sure you'll be plenty happy without it!
Yeah 6 horses ain nothing you will not feel it lol

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
I got it to be able to adjust the volume of my exhaust. My wife hates loud exhaust sound so the ability to open it up on the back roads and keep quiet in town and when with the wife was key for me.

Last edited:

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Brings up a good question.. why Ford.

Why even have a single tip, dual exit exhaust on a GT? Since 2018 the GT got quads. Just so people will pop for the active if they want quads? Lame if you ask me on $45-$60k cars.

Back to the post at hand.. I'd get what I asked for. But the others here are not wrong.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I've heard the difference between exhaust sounds with AVE. Track is noticeably louder than normal, and quiet is actually pretty quiet.

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Personally, I would just take the car as is and change it down the line. Reordering the car to have AEV and going through the entire process again just isn't worth it to me - not really from a financial standpoint, as I'm assuming the dealer is not going to charge you anything for their screw-up, but because I'd have to wait an extra few weeks to get the car, exactly how I want it, because of one missing component.

That being said, with the number of cars built and already seemingly ready to ship once OKTB is achieved, I would like to suspect that there aren't many (if any at all) supply issues right now, other than the extreme demand for certain packages. I don't know if that's a naive take, but with that information I would say that it would be very hard for me not to just reorder the car, and force myself to be patient for that little while longer.

As to what I think you should do? It depends on your reason for getting AEV in the first place (did you want the louder/nicer sound or were you trying to keep the car quiet in congested areas?), as well as what components you ordered that may be constrained right now (NPP? PP?). In my mind the first reason will (in)validate investigating the second, and the second would provide a justification for or against reordering.

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
I would NOT accept the GT without active exhaust.

1. You will end up with 2 exhausts instead of 4

2. You will have a different diffuser, so you need to change the diffuser if you want to change the exhaust to 4.

3. You will have a brand new car from the factory and you have to end up modifiying it yourself and paying extra because the dealer screwed up.

4. You will lose 6HP

For me the looks of a GT with only 2 exhaust is the biggest NO NO. A GT needs to have quad exhausts these days, so a big NO!

Korvus15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang

Same. As cool as the quad and the extra 6 hp is, i want the option to put it in quiet mode when needed.