• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Active Valve Exhaust - How Important Is It?

OP
OP
JohnP

JohnP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
I appreciate everyone who weighed in and offered their suggestions. I am really pretty ticked off about this mistake made by the dealer. I hate the idea of having to reorder and go through the entire process all over again. Dying to get the car. But I think the AVE is a pretty big deal. After digesting all the feedback here, I've decided to REORDER the car and make certain that it has the AVE. The ability to use Quiet mode and the 4 pipes vs 2 seems like it's worth waiting for. Killing me!

BTW...since someone asked...this is the exact spec I ordered. Thanks again for all the input here!

Sponsored

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
I ordered my GT Convertible in late May. I was excited to learn it's set for production 7/19. Window sticker generated and I noticed the price went down approx. $1,300. I realized the Active Valve Exhaust wasn't included. It was on my initial order document but not on the window sticker. After speaking with the dealer, I learned it was there error and they claim it's too late to have it adjusted. My option now is to accept the car without AVE or reorder and start the process all over again. I am leaning toward just accepting it without AVE. But I don't have a strong understanding of how important AVE really is. I get that it can reduce or increase the sound of the exhaust. I don't really care that much about that. But does it have any legit impact on performance? I would appreciate insights from those here. Thanks!
There are three things it adds to your car. If you are good without these then I would just save the money and time and not worry about it.

1) Quad tip exhaust (Maybe one of my favorite looking additions to a mustang)
2) 486hp instead of the 480hp. So 6hp increase. (Not really noticeable hp increase imo)
3) ability to change the level of exhaust noise. (This is only good for the early morning starts, otherwise I will have the exhaust wide open all the time!)

For me AVE is a must have (because of #1 above), I would be pissed!

Ultimately its your car and your time. I cant think the $1300 saved is a big deciding factor on a $50-60k car. I think the time to reorder and wait would be the biggest factor to me.
If money is no issue, ask the dealership if you can take delivery and order another one the way you wanted. Then you can decide which you want when the one with AVE comes in.

mabcim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64.5 Mustang Conv, ā€˜22 Maverick, ā€˜23 Escape
I appreciate everyone who weighed in and offered their suggestions. I am really pretty ticked off about this mistake made by the dealer. I hate the idea of having to reorder and go through the entire process all over again. Dying to get the car. But I think the AVE is a pretty big deal. After digesting all the feedback here, I've decided to REORDER the car and make certain that it has the AVE. The ability to use Quiet mode and the 4 pipes vs 2 seems like it's worth waiting for. Killing me!

BTW...since someone asked...this is the exact spec I ordered. Thanks again for all the input here!

I would have done the same.
If your dealer as allocations, it shouldnā€™t be too long. There are not a ton of orders, as I understand it.
Ask them to give your order the highest priority at the dealership, I believe that can be a 3 now.
Ask for the DORA after the order is submitted.

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s

Exactly what I would have done! AVE is a must for me.

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

It'll be worth it having the exhaust in track mode with the top down!

Blownfx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullit
I ordered my GT Convertible in late May. I was excited to learn it's set for production 7/19. Window sticker generated and I noticed the price went down approx. $1,300. I realized the Active Valve Exhaust wasn't included. It was on my initial order document but not on the window sticker. After speaking with the dealer, I learned it was there error and they claim it's too late to have it adjusted. My option now is to accept the car without AVE or reorder and start the process all over again. I am leaning toward just accepting it without AVE. But I don't have a strong understanding of how important AVE really is. I get that it can reduce or increase the sound of the exhaust. I don't really care that much about that. But does it have any legit impact on performance? I would appreciate insights from those here. Thanks!

Blownfx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullit
My 2019 Bullitt has active and my sons 2015 has Roush exhaust. If he isn't getting on it, it's not overly loud. But when he does.(a lot) It ROARS!

FlyNavy86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Gold Camry
I got a few questions on the AVE. Iā€™m new to mustangs and understand the AVE allows it to be quieter than the stock one as well as louder depending on setting, is this correct?

Additionally, I think I saw in prior generations you could set time restriction for when you want the car to start quietly. I think thatā€™s a super cool feature. Does anyone know if this will carry over to the 650?

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I got a few questions on the AVE. Iā€™m new to mustangs and understand the AVE allows it to be quieter than the stock one as well as louder depending on setting, is this correct?

Additionally, I think I saw in prior generations you could set time restriction for when you want the car to start quietly. I think thatā€™s a super cool feature. Does anyone know if this will carry over to the 650?
Yes, sport and track mode are both louder than normal. The quiet start should carry over.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
It does increase the HP from 480 to 486, as well as allowing you to adjust the sound.
6 horsepower and 3 torque ft lbs increase.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Look for one on a lot in a few weeksā€¦
Sponsored