• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Active valve + aftermarket exhaust

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT (50 Anniversary Package)
I will be the first to admit that I'm not 100% sure how an active valve exhaust works. I do know that typically the first mod I've always done on prior year mustangs was swap out the exhaust for something a little more aggressive. On my S550 I had the MBRP exhaust and absolutely loved it. I'm curious how these active valve exhaust work where does the actual valve sit in relation to the exhaust system is it possible to still swap out the exhaust system and retain the active valve features?
Sponsored

Last edited:

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
its a butterfly valve system, one of the two pipes has a butterfly valve in it, while the other is open at all times, as you flip through the modes the butterfly valve opens more and more. the valve itself sits right at the back of the muffler, before the tips.
S650 Mustang Active valve + aftermarket exhaust 1683581339912

OP
OP
rhstang

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
its a butterfly valve system, one of the two pipes has a butterfly valve in it, while the other is open at all times, as you flip through the modes the butterfly valve opens more and more. the valve itself sits right at the back of the muffler, before the tips.
1683581339912.png
So it sounds like you wouldn't do any kind of aftermarket exhaust with active valve because that would defeat the purpose of having active valve...

DxrkLucy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.0 mustang GT track pack 6-speed manual
Pretty much im in the same boat. The main reason i went with active exhaust is because i wake up for work at 1am...😅😅 however i do plan on eventually getting corsa extremes. But with the active exhausts it will allow me to have quad tip corsas instead of dual tip soo idk i just went with the active exhaust on my build. But who knows maybe i saved money for better corsas or maybe i lost money on possible beibg able to just cut the back ti fit quad idk but we'll see. In the meantime. My neighbors will be satisfied for now atleast

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
For the S550s there are multiple axelbacks that do retain the active valve functionality.

You transfer over the actuators

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
If you have been watching any of content on the C8 Corvette. They too have optional active valve exhaust. What the aftermarket fabricators are doing is adding the active valve into their products and it will be plug and play. They will remove your exhaust then plug in the new ones to your current software and wiring. It all works the same for your cars electronic settings with the cars stock wiring. Pretty simple.

Or as Mazman said above you will transfer over the stock actuators.

OP
OP
rhstang

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
For the S550s there are multiple axelbacks that do retain the active valve functionality.

You transfer over the actuators
Good to know, I will have to keep and eye out for them. Are there any links you can share for previous models so I know what to look for. My search skills must suck because I am not coming across anything.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
OP
OP
rhstang

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Thanks for the links damn these are pricey
My plan is to chop off the resonator on my active exhaust and get an H-pipe welded in. Shouldn't cost more than $400 for a quality job

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Following most exhaust threads at this point as I want a good low rumble. Almost a raw rumble, but not the popping. Starting with the stock active exhaust.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the links damn these are pricey
Try buying the Borla Atak here in Europe which I did for my car, then we can talk pricey :p

when I bought it 2019 I paid 2500 EUR I believe now they are selling the same for 3400 EUR(3700 USD) + shipping.... that is almost the same price you pay for the PP package or HP package in the US :D

I sold mine for 1200 EUR(the same year) to the only guy that was interested :(

Last edited:

DxrkLucy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.0 mustang GT track pack 6-speed manual
If i go h pipe and purchase a corsa equipped with active acheaust will it still be able to connect with the system? And thanks good to know. Didnt know companies started emplimenting this!

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
If i go h pipe and purchase a corsa equipped with active acheaust will it still be able to connect with the system? And thanks good to know. Didnt know companies started emplimenting this!
I believe Corsa extreme catback already has an X-pipe in the kit, maybe they have started with the H-pipe as well. I know e.g. on my ATAK it came with an x-pipe.

If you get an axle back system you can put an whatever you like as long as tubing lengths add up I guess.

However before all info is released we have to wait for what is possible or not on the S650.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Doesn't Flowmaster also support active valve exhaust?
Sponsored