• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Active valve + aftermarket exhaust

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2003 Cobra Yote Swapped, Braptor!
My plan is to chop off the resonator on my active exhaust and get an H-pipe welded in. Shouldn't cost more than $400 for a quality job
We'll have options that don't require any welding. Our X and H pipes will connect at the front using the factory couplers. You'll cut behind the resonator and the other end of our X/H will slide over the factory piping where they get secured with the supplied clamps.
Sponsored

OP
OP
rhstang

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT (50 Anniversary Package)
We'll have options that don't require any welding. Our X and H pipes will connect at the front using the factory couplers. You'll cut behind the resonator and the other end of our X/H will slide over the factory piping where they get secured with the supplied clamps.
Sounds like this may be the way to go would love to get my hands on one once they come out 😊

DxrkLucy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.0 mustang GT track pack 6-speed manual
Definetly going to look into getting some of these with some nice mufflers if they fit my budget amongst other companies. Hoping to get a real nice deep sound

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
I went with active to NOT have to put aftermarket mufflers on it.
Headers and a mid pipe into stock active is more my goal.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Definetly going to look into getting some of these with some nice mufflers if they fit my budget amongst other companies. Hoping to get a real nice deep sound
Borla S-Type, MBRP, awe touring. If you change the mid-pipe, keep it an H.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue 301A, PP2, Active Exhaust, Recaro's
Just got my second Mustang (PP2 now Mach 1) with active exhaust. With the Mach 1 you can get adaptors from Borla to run their GT500 active versions. I'm considering the Borla ATAK GT500 model which includes the SwitchFire mid pipe. For now I'll probably just get the Ford X-pipe. I might have to set it to always start in quiet mode and only change it after :)

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I know the mid pipes from the S550 works with the S650. Has anyone heard or know if the axel back systems from the S550 will be compatible with the S650? I have my eye on a flowmaster setup that gets rid of the huge mufflers and keeps the active exhaust. But wasn’t sure if I will have to wait until a new one is crafted specifically for the S650. Sooner I know the sooner I can buy lol

Mljh85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I have AWE on my 3.5L Eco f150 and it sounds great especially for the V6. But... looking at the previous models for mustang, their active exhaust option is literally just a plug that caps off the electronics. It doesnt actually use the active exhaust. just tricks your computer into thinking it does. That sucks and is poor representation on their part saying its an active exhaust. I was excited for them but I have a feeling this model will do the same.

souljer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
I didn’t research aftermarket options but absolutely love AE. Well worth adding.

Josh/AWE

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
I have AWE on my 3.5L Eco f150 and it sounds great especially for the V6. But... looking at the previous models for mustang, their active exhaust option is literally just a plug that caps off the electronics. It doesnt actually use the active exhaust. just tricks your computer into thinking it does. That sucks and is poor representation on their part saying its an active exhaust. I was excited for them but I have a feeling this model will do the same.
Hey there. Not sure what you're referring to as the S550 kits were never positioned as active. We offered a bracket to accomodate the valve motors to keep them operational for those who had it.

We do offer a SwitchPath™ configurations for the 650s, though, which operates the same as the stock exhausts / maintains all of the factory on-board controls 😎

S650 Mustang Active valve + aftermarket exhaust 3025-43650_1
S650 Mustang Active valve + aftermarket exhaust 3025-43650_5
Sponsored