• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Active Valve Exhaust - How Important Is It?

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
I ordered my GT Convertible in late May. I was excited to learn it's set for production 7/19. Window sticker generated and I noticed the price went down approx. $1,300. I realized the Active Valve Exhaust wasn't included. It was on my initial order document but not on the window sticker. After speaking with the dealer, I learned it was there error and they claim it's too late to have it adjusted. My option now is to accept the car without AVE or reorder and start the process all over again. I am leaning toward just accepting it without AVE. But I don't have a strong understanding of how important AVE really is. I get that it can reduce or increase the sound of the exhaust. I don't really care that much about that. But does it have any legit impact on performance? I would appreciate insights from those here. Thanks!
It’s a personal preference. I’ve owned several S550’s now, but only one without AVE. I put a cat back aftermarket exhaust on it, it was nice, it was loud. But it was ALWAYS loud. It’s nice to be able to quiet it down. Also as a side note, choose your aftermarket exhaust wisely, go too extreme it will drone and that’s horrible IMO. The two S550’s I have now have AVE and factory mufflers, one has H-pipe one has X-pipe, both sound pretty good, both can be loud. But they can also be quiet. I would not get one without it it for that reason alone.
Sponsored

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
I would be pissed… that would maybe be the straw to push me into a Mach 1 and sit things out for a year or 2… even wait for refresh possibly.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
Correct me if I am wrong but can you get the kit for active exhaust from ford performance? I'd take the car and have them install it free of charge of course but not sure if they offer that as a part.

MarkS650GT10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT 10 Speed Grabber Blue
you might be able to find one that fits your specs on a dealers lot once they start coming in, i think active exhaust is worth it, can change sound levels and the quad exhaust tips are a must on GT

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
I would re-order and demand that the regional rep get involved since the dealership screwed up your order. The goal being to get the regional rep to assign a single digit priority code to your "new" order.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
The reason for the single tip, is the subsequent models will have a dual tip standard.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
My take is I would probably do the single tip if I was going switch out mufflers anyway, and just get the valance. Ford OEM mufflers with an xpipe or similar have this flatulence' sound that I don't care for. I will wait and see whats made available. I believe the Ford Performance by Borla will fit the 2024's.

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
The louder the better. I don’t like some of my neighbors

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Depends if you value the Active Exhaust. I would assume so since you had it on your initial order.
I actually added it to my order after realizing I didn't want to commit to a loud exhaust 100% of the time.

I think its a must for anyone daily driving their Mustang.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I ordered my GT Convertible in late May. I was excited to learn it's set for production 7/19. Window sticker generated and I noticed the price went down approx. $1,300. I realized the Active Valve Exhaust wasn't included. It was on my initial order document but not on the window sticker. After speaking with the dealer, I learned it was there error and they claim it's too late to have it adjusted. My option now is to accept the car without AVE or reorder and start the process all over again. I am leaning toward just accepting it without AVE. But I don't have a strong understanding of how important AVE really is. I get that it can reduce or increase the sound of the exhaust. I don't really care that much about that. But does it have any legit impact on performance? I would appreciate insights from those here. Thanks!
How did you spec it? Perhaps there will be one close by they should have to trade to get it for you as it was their error. Just a thought. I’d order a new one but keep my eye out and see if you find one at a dealer while you wait….

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
It's important if you're sensitive to sound or if you want to be courteous towards others who are sensitive to sound. From my experience it adds a deeper, bass-ier sound from the exhaust. That's all I can really tell you.

donnytsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Active exhaust is a must for me especially now that you cant get quad tips without it. Quiet mode is a godsend in the morning when i leave for work, and also during roadtrips when i want to listen to music. I also found that active mufflers are a bit louder than non-active mufflers, at least for the s550.
Performance gains are negligible though. So it’s totally up to you.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Active exhaust is a must for me especially now that you cant get quad tips without it. Quiet mode is a godsend in the morning when i leave for work, and also during roadtrips when i want to listen to music. I also found that active mufflers are a bit louder than non-active mufflers, at least for the s550.
Performance gains are negligible though. So it’s totally up to you.
Active exhaust was introduced with the s550

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
We need a survey on this thread. LOL

I'm all for active exhaust. Wouldn't even consider the car without it. I'm also convinced it's better to have what you want than to wish you had it for the next how many years. It's worth the wait if that's what it takes to reorder, but I'd be pushing the dealer to throw you a bone for their mistake. Don't muck up a brand new car if you can avoid it. Aftermarket probably won't give you the ease of controlling the sound through the car controls.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Active Exhaust is the best factory tuned exhaust for the price. There is a distinct difference in sound between a non-active exhaust vehicle and one equipped with active exhaust, even on the normal exhaust mode. I wouldn't purchase a Mustang without it.
Sponsored