• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT
This local Australian article has just reminded me that I will have to stay awake until the early hours of the 15th to see the debut live; I am hoping it will be worth it:
https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/2024-ford-mustang-confirmed

Renders of the S650 in 2023 Supercar race form should follow shortly after too.

I don‘t really follow NASCAR these days; anyone heard if it will be S650 next year too? Can’t find any indication so far.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Any chance they just take the Mach 1 engine upgrades and put it in the GT?
Hopefully they will do more than just that!

Is it wrong that I want to take a day's leave (vacation) on September 14th 😁
Nothing wrong with it but your hopes might be a little high. You should plan a few extra (optional) things to do that day maybe. Just in case.

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT
NASCAR have ZERO parts from any production car.
Yes, but they still largely portray the overall style of the front and rear end of the production Mustang at least. The bits in between perhaps not so much.

Curiously, I can’t find any hint of NASCAR updating to S650 in 2023.

The Australian Supercar Mustangs will be much more life like, if this S550 based prototype is any indication:

S650 Mustang Official: S650 Mustang Debuts September 14 at Detroit Auto Show 2022! 2022-Ford-Mustang-GT-Gen3-1

I expectantly hope to see illustrations of the Australian S650 race car soon after the September announcement.

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
Yes, but they still largely portray the overall style of the front and rear end of the production Mustang at least. The bits in between perhaps not so much.

Curiously, I can’t find any hint of NASCAR updating to S650 in 2023.

The Australian Supercar Mustangs will be much more life like, if this S550 based prototype is any indication:

2022-Ford-Mustang-GT-Gen3-1.jpg

I expectantly hope to see illustrations of the Australian S650 race car soon after the September announcement.
That looks pretty legit. Real close to production. Too bad NASCAR can't get this close.
And I follow NASCAR and have heard zilch about the bar bodies next season. I'd assume they'd change - but probably only the front and read facia and the stickers and such.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
I'm excited for the reveal. I just hope they directly reveal the timeline for AWD/hybrid powertrains if they're not available right at launch, or if they'll even exist for this generation at all.

(Or if they plan to reveal another vehicle as a Mustang...the MUSTANG MICROPONY! A truly lukewarm 4-door compact hot hatch that'll heat up your wallet with the financial savings of a billion MPGs and 0-60s in 10+ seconds! 🤣...😭)

fordmustangnerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
That looks pretty legit. Real close to production. Too bad NASCAR can't get this close.
And I follow NASCAR and have heard zilch about the bar bodies next season. I'd assume they'd change - but probably only the front and read facia and the stickers and such.

The only thing similar between all the cars with the next gen cars is the roofline trunk and glass. every other panel is unique to each manufacturer. So we could get it pretty close to the s650, however, I doubt it would be for a couple years as NASCAR normally has a 2-3 year period before you can change the bodystyle.. if I'm remembering correctly.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
I just hope Ford uses a better quality of paint and glass on the new Mustang. Interstate driving in the snow belt states is like driving behind a sandblaster After a few years of driving, The front surfaces and windshield on my Mustang are severely pitted due to fine sand flying from under cars in front of me.

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
The only thing similar between all the cars with the next gen cars is the roofline trunk and glass. every other panel is unique to each manufacturer. So we could get it pretty close to the s650, however, I doubt it would be for a couple years as NASCAR normally has a 2-3 year period before you can change the bodystyle.. if I'm remembering correctly.
I was thinking that since the next Gen car is only one year old, and the sides will probably be similar(s550 to s650), that they'd just refresh the front/rear facias.

Who knows.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
DONT be surprised if they carry over the engines and in a few years. They get replaced with something newer/next gen
Ford has done this before
Sponsored