• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Not sure why you think your opinion is so valuable. I'm sure there are some that may think your opinion is well.. that of a moron
Heā€™s definitely a moron because if he said heā€™d rather have a gt350 than a dark horse okay i get it but the mach 1 gtfo. That car is basically obsolete at this point

Bruce504

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord & Ford Mustang
I wonder out of all of these people on here with different opinions about the 2024 Mustang GT & Dark Horse how many will actually buy? Lets wait & see when Ford lets you build them online with the pricing

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Well, if we have inflation at 4.7281%, we can have the 1964 mustang at $24000. Just a thought

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I completely agree if the dark horse ends up being significantly more money then itā€™ll end up, being a very hard sell.
Idk the selling point of the DH is pretty similar the Mach- better transmission, better cooling, better aero & handling, all on a ā€˜limitedā€™ model that should better hold value.

As a Mach owner, Iā€™m still semi-irate that they are giving the DH the 350 brakes they didnā€™t give the Mach. In hindsight I can see why they did because everything else wasnā€™t enough to differentiate the two, but it still pisses me off to know thatā€™s why they cheaped out on us.

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Heā€™s definitely a moron because if he said heā€™d rather have a gt350 than a dark horse okay i get it but the mach 1 gtfo. That car is basically obsolete at this point
Tremec and handling? The HP numbers were always an easy $ fix for GT owners with the OEM power pack kit.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Hey you're not in the WORST spot of the mach guys. At least you didn't pay the price bump for the 22 MY :crackup:

Idk the selling point of the DH is pretty similar the Mach- better transmission, better cooling, better aero & handling, all on a ā€˜limitedā€™ model that should better hold value.

As a Mach owner, Iā€™m still semi-irate that they are giving the DH the 350 brakes they didnā€™t give the Mach. In hindsight I can see why they did because everything else wasnā€™t enough to differentiate the two, but it still pisses me off to know thatā€™s why they cheaped out on us.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse

Well, DH only gets front 2 piece, i think GT350 had the rears too. So i guess the next limited model gets both haha?

Bruce504

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

yup my first upgrade will be Brembo rear brakes on my car or a set of 4 matching new ones

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Well, DH only gets front 2 piece, i think GT350 had the rears too. So i guess the next limited model gets both haha?
I didnā€™t realize that. Sad Ford is cheaping out again on the ā€˜haloā€™ launch model.

yup my first upgrade will be Brembo rear brakes on my car or a set of 4 matching new ones
Honestly if you donā€™t track the car itā€™s probably not worth the hassle. I think the OEM kit is like $5k, plus I think you have to have the HP wheels/size to fit them.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
yup my first upgrade will be Brembo rear brakes on my car
I feel like thatā€™s a lot of money spent that wonā€™t really affect your real world experience much at all since the fronts handle 70% of the work and thereā€™s nothing wrong with single piston setups unless you want like a touch more brake feel and better heat management

AllthePonies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco
Iā€™m wondering whether the Dark Horse will be the top of the line up or if itā€™s just a placeholder for something much better (e.g. Boss 307). Might explain the restrained HP numbers.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
I wouldn't think they can squeeze much more out of the 5.0 NA. Someone earlier made a good point about they've had quite a while to try. They do have the aluminator...but it's a full-blown race engine lol. The next big dog will be a contender to the current GT500, and priced as such.

Iā€™m wondering whether the Dark Horse will be the top of the line up or if itā€™s just a placeholder for something much better (e.g. Boss 307). Might explain the restrained HP numbers.

Bruce504

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didnā€™t realize that. Sad Ford is cheaping out again on the ā€˜haloā€™ launch model.

Honestly if you donā€™t track the car itā€™s probably not worth the hassle. I think the OEM kit is like $5k, plus I think you have to have the HP wheels/size to fit them.
I ordered my car with Handling & Elite Package,
TREMEC of course
Sponsored