• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

5.ooooooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
O7 merc mountianeer premier
Gt is about what I was expecting. EcoBoost should be 330-345 instead of 315. Dark Horse is going to be a hard buy. When Motortrend and such produce track time on the drag strip and Road course. It needs to be a whole second or more faster than the Mach1 or gt350. I was hoping for 520 at the least. Otherwise the Darkhorse it going to be a hard sell. Im going to take a wild guess and assume that they will later offer Ford performance tuning kits like the ones they have now to actually show the cars hidden power. At least I hope so.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I'm trying to leave a comment on Ford Authority's page (they just posted this), but the comment keeps getting deleted. Guess they don't like people calling out their garbage journalism. Don't get me wrong, FA has been a very useful resource. However, they put their blinders on when they posted that fake window sticker. Or worse, they did it intentionally for the clicks and sensationalism.
Good man
So I've just read 52 posts and my takeaway is that most of you are just plain nuts. So we are OK with 486/480. That's a win. Now we are going to discuss torque until the cows come home. Like a few pounds here or there is going to make any difference on the street or track for that matter.

And, of course, the Dark Horse. Some of you should go back a couple of years ago and read all the BS on the Mach 1. How it was just a glorified GT, the 20hp wasn't enough, yada, yada, yada. Now we are doing the exact same thing with the DH. Ford told us it was going to be 500HP. Now that it's confirmed everyone bitching about it. Over 6 lousy HP. How about the rest of the car? The Tremec, the coolers, etc. The advertised HP number is, has always been, and will alway be total advertising BS. And we fall for it every time.

Lastly DH pricing. Hey, y'all it's not 2016, or 2018, or 2020. Forget what a GT350 then, it's pointless. The DH will be what it will be and folks are going to line up to buy every stinking one of them. Most probably with ADM. What's the old line about history repeating itself.

So, I expect the next few hundred threads to be no different than the last 52. Instead of being appreciative of what we have we are going to continue to complain about what we wanted. Oh well, carry on!
Conflicted because I 100% agree with you that spec sheet bickering is such an armchair car enthusiast forum thing to do, but otoh, I think we’re all pissy because it’s a combination of increased expected pricing (obvious factors: inflation, supply/demand leading to expected ADMs, new model), but at the exchange of a regression in peak *spec sheet* numbers

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect comparisons to cheaper, more powerful, and more bespoke previous cars (GT350) to be brought up in bemoaning

But you’re also right in that we should be happy that Ford didn’t decide to cuck out and go PEV or whatever

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
That's more annoying than "complete" video games releasing, then having you buy another $30 worth of DLC for pertinent back-story.

Gt is about what I was expecting. EcoBoost should be 330-345 instead of 315. Dark Horse is going to be a hard buy. When Motortrend and such produce track time on the drag strip and Road course. It needs to be a whole second or more faster than the Mach1 or gt350. I was hoping for 520 at the least. Otherwise the Darkhorse it going to be a hard sell. Im going to take a wild guess and assume that they will later offer Ford performance tuning kits like the ones they have now to actually show the cars hidden power. At least I hope so.

seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT
Btw if y’all want to order at msrp message me so we can set something up! I’ll love to help out as many enthusiasts as possible!
I like your handle. I call my 21 antimatter blue GT 'Muffin' because she looks like a blueberry, but she aint no cream puff. (Therefore a muffin, and no I dont drink).

Will you be able to tell us when the order banks are expected to open? Or when prices will be set?

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Btw if y’all want to order at msrp message me so we can set something up! I’ll love to help out as many enthusiasts as possible!
Just looked up Louisiana Lemon Law, that state has really good requirements versus others

I might legit hit you up for a delivery order lol

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
I'm almost willing to bet that Ford has under rated the output of the engines, or Ford Performance is going to release a power pack or something

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Very solid numbers, especially for the GT. I was hoping the DH would be closer to the GT350's 526hp, especially with all the mentioned upgrades, but in this day and age, we'll have to take it as a win.
Kinda agree, I would just take the upgrades from the dark horse engine and throw them in the gt. You know someone is going to do that.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I'm almost willing to bet that Ford has under rated the output of the engines, or Ford Performance is going to release a power pack or something
Let's wait and see what the net numbers are on a dyno. These will be the only numbers that count. Advertised HP is meaningless.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Let's wait and see what the net numbers are on a dyno. These will be the only numbers that count. Advertised HP is meaningless.
yep, who knows, they might be advertising wheel power instead of crank

Blueberrystang2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT manual
I like your handle. I call my 21 antimatter blue GT 'Muffin' because she looks like a blueberry, but she aint no cream puff. (Therefore a muffin, and no I dont drink).

Will you be able to tell us when the order banks are expected to open? Or when prices will be set?
Yes pm me so I can get your contact information! So I can keep you up to date!

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I still think the entire mach 1 platform was at least $5K over-priced, partly due to some issues that aren't as severe now, but that's for a different thread.
It was actually $3K overpriced, as of April 2022. And with the HP reveal of the Dark Horse, it is completely justifieble. Th S550 looks way better.

The M1 HP drives and handles completely different than a GT. And it should, since it has GT350/GT50 DNA...and a higher price.
Sponsored