• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
You're comparing sticker, with whatever options you chose, to base price vs base price. apples and oranges.

Given that my new 2022 Mach 1 stickered over 63K I can’t imagine them bringing a 2024 DH in at 59K. That wouldn’t make any sense at all to me, given that the DH is supposed to be upstream of the M1 and will be 2 model years newer. If this scenario should take place then the 2024 DH will go down as the bargain of the century and will be plastered with big time ADM.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
486 is a bit more than I expected for the GT. Usually Ford doesn't let the GT pass the previous top Mustang, so I had expected 475-480. So good job there. Kind of, it makes me wonder if active exhaust on a 18-2022 would show a small power bump open vs closed, but Ford wasn't maybe allowed to market based on that, or didn't think to, but what ever.

The 14hp bump on the Dark Horse is flat out BULLSHIT. I am REALLY hoping there is a massive change in the power curve vs the GT as that is less than the Mach1 got and THAT was called a joke too since it matched the Bullitt and was barely noticeable over the GT power. For how much time Ford had to develop the DH I expected at least a 520. You're telling me that since 2019 the best they could manage was to pull out 20hp more? I guess you COULD argue 30HP due to emissions, but sure, 30HP? So, we know that a Mach1 vs a DH will be a drivers race, okay, whats the point of renaming it then?
I thought the whole point of "dark horse" was some unexpected come from the rear, no one saw it ocming type of thing. All I'm seeing is a ugly Mach1, with a higher price tag and 20HP. At this point it will be a 65-70K car that will be about par with a 60-65k car(GT350) from 6yrs ago....

I'd dead ass rather have a Mach1 or GT350 than a Dark Horse. I see 0 reason to see it as BETTER and I flat out think anyone looking to trading a GT350 or Mach1 for a DH is well... a moron. I see the GT350/M1 used prices being bolstered a bit due to this thing.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GT vert A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 6MT
You're comparing sticker, with whatever options you chose, to base price vs base price. apples and oranges.
Of course, but most of them carry significant options so the reality is that not many will be going out the door as base cars. If they’re too cheap (as 59K would be) they’ll either carry that option everyone hates, ADM, or you’ll have order one then wait and hope. Between Ford itself and greedy dealers it’s doubtful very many folks are gonna score a bona fide bargain.

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
486 is a bit more than I expected for the GT. Usually Ford doesn't let the GT pass the previous top Mustang, so I had expected 475-480. So good job there. Kind of, it makes me wonder if active exhaust on a 18-2022 would show a small power bump open vs closed, but Ford wasn't maybe allowed to market based on that, or didn't think to, but what ever.

The 14hp bump on the Dark Horse is flat out BULLSHIT. I am REALLY hoping there is a massive change in the power curve vs the GT as that is less than the Mach1 got and THAT was called a joke too since it matched the Bullitt and was barely noticeable over the GT power. For how much time Ford had to develop the DH I expected at least a 520. You're telling me that since 2019 the best they could manage was to pull out 20hp more? I guess you COULD argue 30HP due to emissions, but sure, 30HP? So, we know that a Mach1 vs a DH will be a drivers race, okay, whats the point of renaming it then?
I thought the whole point of "dark horse" was some unexpected come from the rear, no one saw it ocming type of thing. All I'm seeing is a ugly Mach1, with a higher price tag and 20HP. At this point it will be a 65-70K car that will be about par with a 60-65k car(GT350) from 6yrs ago....

I'd dead ass rather have a Mach1 or GT350 than a Dark Horse. I see 0 reason to see it as BETTER and I flat out think anyone looking to trading a GT350 or Mach1 for a DH is well... a moron. I see the GT350/M1 used prices being bolstered a bit due to this thing.
Save your judgement for when you drive it

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
I thought the whole point of "dark horse" was some unexpected come from the rear, no one saw it ocming type of thing. All I'm seeing is a ugly Mach1, with a higher price tag and 20HP
I reckon a couple degrees of cam lobe change (overlap) or more likely slightly taller lobe is enough to get that inconsequential peak at favorable RPM. Or maybe it's a tweak to VCT set points.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT

Shawn82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang HPP

I think you're getting way ahead of yourself. As others mentioned before these are just power numbers. The curve and power delivery is what is gonna be the thing to see. I'm not saying the Dark Horse is going to blow away your expectations but saying that it's a failure is very premature. Not to mention, you'd be a fool to expect it to be a higher variant than the Mach1 or GT350. Those two are pretty much what the Dark Horse is going to be with some small changes and updates. And we seriously cannot knock the horsepower we're given here. First of all, I can't believe we're getting a V8 in the first place and you know Ford has been trying to do the best they can with battling emissions and giving us the best they could with what they have. And of course they'd rename it to keep the lineup fresh. We went from GT350, Bullitt, Mach 1, and now Dark Horse.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Mach 1 base is 56.2K. My comment was DH base should start under 60K. I stand by that, and don't think that's absurd.

I agree with you that the Mach 1 base wheels and seats are deal breakers - forcing most buyers to up the MSRP.

I still think the entire mach 1 platform was at least $5K over-priced, partly due to some issues that aren't as severe now, but that's for a different thread.

Also, if you're interested in an S650 without ADM, message me and I can share three dealers in my state alone who will allow orders without mark-up. I'm not concerned whatsoever about a mark-up, but I know that is a very regional thing. Travel, spend $500 bucks on a flight and some gas to save 3-5 thousand or more from a mark-up.

Of course, but most of them carry significant options so the reality is that not many will be going out the door as base cars. If they’re too cheap (as 59K would be) they’ll either carry that option everyone hates, ADM, or you’ll have order one then wait and hope. Between Ford itself and greedy dealers it’s doubtful very many folks are gonna score a bona fide bargain.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Like everyone else has said, the power numbers look good, though a 14 hp bump from GT to DH is a little surprising (underwhelming?). Besides the Tremec, what else does the DH have that the GT doesn't? Does it come with extra coolers and such? I suppose that's easy research that I'll try to go find in a minute when I get more time. Like others have said, I'll be curious to see what the price difference is between the two, though to be honest, I much prefer the front end of the Dark Horse, so I'd be willing to pay a certain premium just for the looks.

Janstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Turbocharged Mustang Cobra, 2018 EB
I want to see a drag race between a 10 speed GT and the DH before I decide which car to order.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
I'm trying to leave a comment on Ford Authority's page (they just posted this), but the comment keeps getting deleted. Guess they don't like people calling out their garbage journalism. Don't get me wrong, FA has been a very useful resource. However, they put their blinders on when they posted that fake window sticker. Or worse, they did it intentionally for the clicks and sensationalism.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I want to see a drag race between a 10 speed GT and the DH before I decide which car to order.
With all due respect, any modern performance car offering both a manual and automatic in like-trim these days is going to wind up with the same results: the AT’s going to beat the chops off of the MT. A 3% power delta isn’t enough to overcome tight gearing, torque multiplication, and consistently optimal shift speeds, especially when the AT’s keeping a peaky, rev-happy NA DOHC V8 in the meat of its power band the entire time

Ask yourself which one would be more fun to tool around in 😌
Sponsored