• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I’m wondering whether the Dark Horse will be the top of the line up or if it’s just a placeholder for something much better (e.g. Boss 307). Might explain the restrained HP numbers.
It could also be the end of the line for ICE Mustangs. Challengers and Camaros will be EVs, I doubt the Mustang will be too far behind.

Just how much more can they squeeze out of the 5.0? I guess a factory FI option would be next.
Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Expected 485. Got 486. Sweet

DH a tough sell pending price

I only see the DH as a viable alternative if you track the car. As it has the better gear ratios with the tranny and all the coolers.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Given that my new 2022 Mach 1 stickered over 63K I can’t imagine them bringing a 2024 DH in at 59K. That wouldn’t make any sense at all to me, given that the DH is supposed to be upstream of the M1 and will be 2 model years newer. If this scenario should take place then the 2024 DH will go down as the bargain of the century and will be plastered with big time ADM.
I’m going to guess….$74K+ for the DH and $59K+ for the GT.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
As a Mach owner, I’m still semi-irate that they are giving the DH the 350 brakes they didn’t give the Mach.
I was holding out on this one, hoping Ford would give the DH some really great binders. With 500hp being fairly close to the GT350's 526hp, and likely even heavier weight, it would seem a natural to use brakes similar to what the GT350 used. That would imply the aluminum knuckle and a radial mount caliper. Seeing what looks to be a two-piece rotor from SHW on the DH made the argument more plausible. Sadly, this morning a contact sent me a note saying that after looking through the HVBOM that corresponded with a given Dark Horse VIN that the bill of materials listed a front brake/dust shield that was a carryover Mustang GT part. That points to a side mount caliper with an iron spindle. Sigh...

AllthePonies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco
I wouldn't think they can squeeze much more out of the 5.0 NA. Someone earlier made a good point about they've had quite a while to try. They do have the aluminator...but it's a full-blown race engine lol. The next big dog will be a contender to the current GT500, and priced as such.
I’m optimistic they will do something fun like offer a N/A predator in a manual as a curtain call.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
So... we're ALL getting the dual intake??

F yeah... I thought that was gonna be a Dhorse only deal.
I'm hype AF on this announcement.

Base GT10 speed here I come!!
Wen banks open?

AllthePonies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco
It could also be the end of the line for ICE Mustangs. Challengers and Camaros will be EVs, I doubt the Mustang will be too far behind.

Just how much more can they squeeze out of the 5.0? I guess a factory FI option would be next.
The end is near, but new models take a lot of capital investment and the current Mustang provides crucial cash flow for the EV transition. Hopefully we get another eight years of ICE Mustang with plenty of tweaks and new models.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Ford Fusion
He’s definitely a moron because if he said he’d rather have a gt350 than a dark horse okay i get it but the mach 1 gtfo. That car is basically obsolete at this point
Are you sure about the GT350? It has analog gauges. :)

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
The whole point if the Dhorse is the upgraded internals.

It's for guys that want to make 1100 ish.
Where the normal 5.0s are really only good to the 900s.
That's the value, you're getting a built 20k longblock essentially.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GT vert A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 6MT
I’m going to guess….$74K+ for the DH and $59K+ for the GT.
This right here, at least in terms of what it will take to get a decently equipped specimen on the pavement.

We’re all speculating but it only makes sense that they aren’t making big changes out of the goodness of their corporate heart. Ford isn’t the Salvation Army.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
The whole point if the Dhorse is the upgraded internals.

It's for guys that want to make 1100 ish.
Where the normal 5.0s are really only good to the 900s.
That's the value, you're getting a built 20k longblock essentially.
I'd care if people were not doing 1000+ on the current 18+ internals, then doing tear downs and finding minimal wear.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
Not sure why you think your opinion is so valuable. I'm sure there are some that may think your opinion is well.. that of a moron
I never said my opinion was valuable or that anyone has to give a shit about it. So please don't put words in my mouth. Makes you look rude.
Sponsored