• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So is Darkhorse available to the public - or is it still only a "race only/track use" Mustang? I have not followed all the S650 chatter about it, since the initial threads.
Sponsored

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I completely agree if the dark horse ends up being significantly more money then it’ll end up, being a very hard sell.
It will probably have a similar cost relationship as the Mach 1 did to the GT.

I wonder out of all of these people on here with different opinions about the 2024 Mustang GT & Dark Horse how many will actually buy? Lets wait & see when Ford lets you build them online with the pricing
I have to see performance info. The numbers are kind of meh, but how does it drive? Electric brakes make me really nervous, to be frank. I do like some of the changes and I like the new styling. I was getting really sick of the catfish mouth.

I wouldn't think they can squeeze much more out of the 5.0 NA. Someone earlier made a good point about they've had quite a while to try. They do have the aluminator...but it's a full-blown race engine lol. The next big dog will be a contender to the current GT500, and priced as such.
The Porsche 4.0 NA flat 6 makes as much power as Ford's 5.0. There's definitely potential for more power from a 5.0 liter NA engine, but Ford probably doesn't want to spend the money. I really wish they would have just added a few cubes. It would have made the engineering easier, the motor would be cheaper and more reliable, just all around more cubes would have been a much better solution vs. gaining a handful of HPs on your top model. If the engine made 550-580 almost no one would criticize it. 1/2 liter more displacement would be easy to add.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
I probably should’ve said “will” instead of “can”. 🫣
You’re spot on with more displacement being easier than trying to squeeze more out of the 5.0 reliably (and cost effectively). I think they’re 95% topped out on what they feel like doing with the 5.0 in NA form.

It will probably have a similar cost relationship as the Mach 1 did to the GT.

I have to see performance info. The numbers are kind of meh, but how does it drive? Electric brakes make me really nervous, to be frank. I do like some of the changes and I like the new styling. I was getting really sick of the catfish mouth.

The Porsche 4.0 NA flat 6 makes as much power as Ford's 5.0. There's definitely potential for more power from a 5.0 liter NA engine, but Ford probably doesn't want to spend the money. I really wish they would have just added a few cubes. It would have made the engineering easier, the motor would be cheaper and more reliable, just all around more cubes would have been a much better solution vs. gaining a handful of HPs on your top model. If the engine made 550-580 almost no one would criticize it. 1/2 liter more displacement would be easy to add.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Electric brakes make me really nervous, to be frank.
Same here. I really liked the brake feel on my last two Mustangs (03 Cobra and 2015 GT PP), so I hope it doesn't negatively affect that.

Tpen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 own none mustang and focus rs fanboy
500 hp = huge letdown.

486 = bigger letdown. Only 6 more than the 2020 Mach 1.

I suppose they have to leave overhead to look like they’re improving in a couple years.
Why such a let down? Like was mentioned earlier anything over 500 horse in 5.0 is bound to be unreliable. Be thankful ford isn’t canning the the Mustang. Dodge is going electric, the Camaro is no more. Any Roush and Whipple will both be offering supercharger packs so….

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Mustang Dark Horse also sports strengthened camshafts for track-durability needs, including extended operation closer to its 7,500-rpm redline.
So this confirms different camshafts, but is it construction material only, or are the specs different? Also confirms the redline isn't raised i suppose.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GT vert A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 6MT
So this confirms different camshafts, but is it construction material only, or are the specs different? Also confirms the redline isn't raised i suppose.
And, not to bring up a sore subject but what about the often debated compression ratio?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Same here. I really liked the brake feel on my last two Mustangs (03 Cobra and 2015 GT PP), so I hope it doesn't negatively affect that.
I can't say enough about how great the brake feel was on my GT350. I am cheap but I'm still considering upgrading my PP1 brakes to the GT350 style. Maybe once I wear out what's on there now.

The GR86 brakes don't have very good feel. I agree that Mustangs in general have pretty good brakes.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
It would be cool if the Ford Performance packs included an 8,000 RPM redline (assuming it made sense). Since all the gauges are digital, they could reprogram the dash to reflect the higher redline.

It could be a pipe dream though...

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
500 hp = huge letdown.

486 = bigger letdown. Only 6 more than the 2020 Mach 1.

I suppose they have to leave overhead to look like they’re improving in a couple years.
tbh could you imagine reading that 10 years ago

maybe we’re spoiled?

let’s face it, outright straight line speed pissing matches have become all but null and void when Suzy in her performance EV CUV can beat the brakes off of most pony and muscle cars

a glass-half-full approach could be “you can buy a volume-series Mustang GT with less than 15hp shy of 500” or the fact that they’re still offering a track-capable version in the day and age of nazi emissions bullshitery

still convinced the DH won’t last the length of the series and we’ll see some Ford Performance vehicles coming in the near future so I’d hold out expectations for big hitters and be happy with what we’re getting rn