• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
I’m going to guess….$74K+ for the DH and $59K+ for the GT.

No it won't be that high...at $74K you are into BMW M3/4 world.
Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Ford Fusion
And, of course, the Dark Horse. Some of you should go back a couple of years ago and read all the BS on the Mach 1. How it was just a glorified GT, the 20hp wasn't enough, yada, yada, yada. Now we are doing the exact same thing with the DH.
When the dust settles I agree 500 vs 520 is probably not going to make much of a difference. However, the Dark Horse is not a Bullitt or a Mach 1. Ford chose a whole new name for a supposedly new generation. It makes some sense that expectations were raised.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Buy a Mach 1, Tune it .... Better looking and faster!
418lbs torque is less than my stock 21 Mach 1.. This is the power you feel!
Interior is horrible and front end not liking so far. Rear is ok imo.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Buy a Mach 1, Tune it .... Better looking and faster!
418lbs torque is less than my stock 21 Mach 1.. This is the power you feel!
Interior is horrible and front end not liking so far. Rear is ok imo.
A 2 lb-ft peak torque delta is not something you would feel lmao

Sneezing into the fan of a dyno might make up the difference

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1

Goodwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grabber Blue/Black Mustang GT Premium
If you can’t afford to put premium in the car then ya shouldn’t be buying it lol kinda like all the dudes that cry when they get a Ducati and go wow these services are expensive. Wow who would of thought
No worries. With that completely fugly tablet dash array, I wouldn't keep one if I won it in a contest. I'm ok with the ext styling, but the int is a complete deal breaker for me. When it comes time for my next car, it sure as hell won't be a Gen 7 Mustang.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
A 2 lb-ft peak torque delta is not something you would feel lmao

Sneezing into the fan of a dyno might make up the difference
True, but it is going backwards in power.
Gt350 & Mach 1 front ends are still best looking Mustangs by far!

Bishop305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bmw m440i, 2017 mustang
I like the numbers. Even more curious now on what official pricing will look like with the GT vs Dark Horse 👀

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Honda Civic EX; 14' Honda VFR800 DLX
The HP/TQ on the "base" 5.0 is awesome (with or without AE)...

...The DH, however, I feel could have used a touch more. 510-520 would have been an awesome target. Would it have made much difference on a track? Probably not...a tenth or so at best on the strip or road course. For the record, I am in the camp of people who really dig the DH, too. It's near the top of my short list.

I will probably be the minority on this one, but I would REALLY love to see some aggressive gearing as an option. I'm sick of sport bike gearing on cars these days, especially ones with engines that LOVE to rev. Imagine if Ford offered some nasty 4.xx gearsets on the DH or even GT PP? Sign me the FXXX up right now. Pipe dream, I know...

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
I'm interested in the EU numbers... Although, thinking about it I'm not... At least not in that marketing bla bla.What's the point of crank HP? Right, it's useless... wheel hp on the other hand is a much more reliable number. Anyhow, all numbers are irrelevant. What we want is a decent performance boost and honestly I don't see it...
Let's be real: they did what exactly to upgrade the Coyote? Dual air intake... and that generates what? 30hp over the current gen? More like 10-15 I guess…
So far we only know that the Coyote gets very minor upgrades and I don't know where all the additional performance that some are expecting is supposed to come from. Without AWD I don’t see a huge performance increase on the street… Besides, real world dynos will probably measure the GT at ~430 wheel hp and the DH at around 450 if it’s even that… I don’t see the Dark Horse competing with a M3 let alone competing with a competition xdrive… I don’t see the GT or the DH doing 3.x numbers 0-100…
Why do I care about these numbers again?? Oh yeah… bragging rights because I’m in for a convertible and would hardly ever care about 0-100 or track performance :crazy:

I hope I’m wrong because the design is growing on me. Maybe someone can explain where all that new performance is supposed to come from and how in the world the DH is supposed to compete with a current M3?! It wins in the exterior department but that’s about it.