• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
We're not even into year 1 of S650 production and everyone thinks this is the G500 replacement. You think Ford is gonna leave a delta between a $70k DH and this $300k GTD? There will be plenty of other lesser models that will be released over the coming years that you guys can complain about.
More frustrating that the DH is a massaged copy/paste of the Mach 1 and we’re getting teasers like this

It’s just been a weird product rollout regardless of the logistical reasoning behind it all

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Looks really, really good. It fixed everything wrong with the Dark Horse exterior-wise (specially the racoon eyes). Now we see why Ford held back with the Dark Horse, they saved all the styling goodies for this beast.

Sadly, the paywall around it will make it virtually unattainable for most folks, even those with a capital to buy one. It sounds so good, that SC whine. 🔥🔥🔥

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
We're not even into year 1 of S650 production and everyone thinks this is the G500 replacement. You think Ford is gonna leave a delta between a $70k DH and this $300k GTD? There will be plenty of other lesser models that will be released over the coming years that you guys can complain about.
No this is the last mustang ever. Pack it up boys 😂

adamhixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
i mean, it obviously looks crazy but.... i dont think i like it at all. at first glance you're like holy %$#^!!!! but after a little contemplation, don't you think they could've done something less messy and way cooler? idk maybe i need to sleep on it.

not like ill ever be able to afford one anyways lol

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Raptor R, '21 Bronco First Edition, '23 GT3
Well I'm back and the GTD is what got me excited about Mustangs again. I'm going to apply, we'll see how it goes. I need more info than just the short reveal however, but it looks really promising. Not sure what I'll say when they contact me but I've had more than a few Ford Performance products, B302's etc. I do think I may be the target market for the GTD but I'm not a YouTuber:
S650 Mustang Official: 2025 Mustang GTD Revealed! 800+ HP 5.2L V8, Pushrod Suspension, $300K MSRP IMG_8983

Last edited:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
It wouldn’t surprise me to see this front styling migrate over to the regular lineup eventually. Like they did in 1970, change the design one last time to take the generation out with another bang. Maybe start on a cheaper GT500 and then hit the entire lineup for the last year.

Not sure how well the front fascia works without the wider front track width.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
i absolutely love the styling of the GTD, especially the amber DRLs, front fenders, wheels, brakes, and diffuser. it's just a shame that it starts at $300k. it has officially dethroned the 2023 Porsche 911 GT3 RS as my favorite looking car

S650 Mustang Official: 2025 Mustang GTD Revealed! 800+ HP 5.2L V8, Pushrod Suspension, $300K MSRP 1692335567558

Last edited:

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
They did promise us a Poster Boy Mustang didn't they ? This is definitely something to hang on the wall. Not that a Dark Horse R is not the same thing you can have lot's of cool Posters of the GTD or Dark Horse R on the walls at home or at the Garage.

I think the price tag is a bit steep even for someone who is considering a GT3 RS and it's 250-270 000$ price tag. However I really think this is a cool as a Mustang can get the whine of a supercharger the sound of the transaxle the DRS at the back it's a GT3 RS without been GT3 RS.

What I think is Ford missed the mark by not offering a more mass produced GT3 alternative in the lower 200 000$ bracket.

Now we know they are going to the Nurburgring which mean the GTD might be the first ever Mustang with an official Nurburgring Lap Time. I wonder if it could go close to the GT3 RS (6:44.848). Overall we should hope it does.

I have no doubt all the GTD's are sold because this is like the Mercedes CLK-GTR road going version there will be so few of this made that it will be astronomically more expensive in the next 20 years.

And what a year Ford is having a win at the 4 hours of Daytona, the new S650 and now a GTD car.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
if anyone ever told me before today that this is the chassis of a road legal Mustang, i would've called them crazy and said it's probably a fanmade render
S650 Mustang Official: 2025 Mustang GTD Revealed! 800+ HP 5.2L V8, Pushrod Suspension, $300K MSRP 1692335567558

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
Neat. I don't expect any of us swinging that pricetag anytime soon, of course

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Honestly I think Ford missed the point of what a Mustang is here. A rare car for rich collectors, most of the builds cars most likely will never even see a track or being pushed hard. It can't even work as a Halo car for Mustang since it's no matter how you spin it totally unaffordable for every normal worker compared to a GT500 that is at least somewhat achievable.

But I guess a mustang in the $80-100k price range will be released later. But knowing there always is this more insane unaffordable Mustang kind of kills the mood

Visually the frontend is amazing, way better than an other S650. That's the only positive I can get from the GTD we will surely see aftermarket GTD frontends for the GT

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
It seems many are missing the point.

In order to homologate the GT3 race car they need to build x-number of road going versions. This is exactly how the current GT race car came about. In fact, So many people bitched about it being a V6 Ecoboost, without realising this was the only way Ford could meet the power requirements whilst still adhering to the rule book (forced induction engines were limited to 4 litres.....and Ford had no V8 they could work with at that capacity). The GT was built to win Le Mans. And it did. This GT3 is built to win Le Mans, and I hope it does!

GTD was never going to be about building an "everyman's" halo Mustang. It was about building a car to homologate the GT3 racer. And in that context, it's epic!

Hopefully we'll still get that "everyman's" halo Mustang in the form of a more realistic GT500 replacement in the next couple of years.
Sponsored