• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP
Savagegeese Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Z06, GR Corolla, Formerly 2015 mustang gt
You're in editing.
The footage has already been shot... so the discussion/questions have already happened?
Either that, or you don't plan to include everything that was shot?
what questions we missed that we can add answers to in commentary etc. i find this info helpful to make sure what interview footage is relevant
Sponsored

slowjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT base manual
Any camber adjustment from the factory?

Fortnutgamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
As a Mach 1 owner and as mentioned by others, I would like to know dark horse is a valid upgrade to the mach 1. The price hike is substantial. I'm more interested in steering feedback. Its hard to know what the car is doing when oversteering or at the limit, I am wondering if the dark horse is better. From reviews on the S650 GT, it does not seem rectified.

Jack, If you've driven a mach 1 it would also be nice to get a personal opinion of the differences in feeling and overall value, is it worth the upgrade?

Lastly, the tremec in the M1 is inferior to the beefier one used in camaros. I know this because I have a synchro grind when shifting really quickly (and I mean really quick) from 1-2 at redline. The mach 1s at the track attack had the same issue. Why spend engineering hours to regut the TR-3160 instead of going for the TR-6060? I know you are done driving, but did you have any similar grind on the dark horse? Me and my friend can reproduce it easily on my mach 1.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1; AT; M0960
Yes-two questions. Was the dual intake originally headed to Mach 1? Why is the suspension selection still tied to drive mode?

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
Hey guys this is Jack with SavageGeese reaching out to the Mustang 7g community as a whole.

Ford was kind enough to give us the opportunity to put together a documentary style film on the development/engineering that went into the Mustang Dark horse. So in our video you’ll be hearing directly from the engineers and designers who put together the dark horse. There will also be a track drive and a shop segment where we walk you through the entire chassis of the dark horse with a senior Vehicle dynamics engineer.

As we spend the next week or so editing together the video are there any specific questions you want answered about the car? Video will be out next tues when embargo lifts. I have also attached some stills from the upcoming project.

7.jpeg

6.jpeg

4.jpeg

3.jpeg

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

9.jpeg
Q1 really differences in the 700a VS 600a
Q2 photos of standard interior on the blue ember car
Looking forward to the video.

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
Hey guys this is Jack with SavageGeese reaching out to the Mustang 7g community as a whole.

Ford was kind enough to give us the opportunity to put together a documentary style film on the development/engineering that went into the Mustang Dark horse. So in our video you’ll be hearing directly from the engineers and designers who put together the dark horse. There will also be a track drive and a shop segment where we walk you through the entire chassis of the dark horse with a senior Vehicle dynamics engineer.

As we spend the next week or so editing together the video are there any specific questions you want answered about the car? Video will be out next tues when embargo lifts. I have also attached some stills from the upcoming project.
2.jpeg
Biggest one for me.

Why do the manual equipped vehicles not get equipped with some of the most emphasized new features?

1. Remote Rev. (Even if the car is already running).
2. Remote Start. (Especially as most, if not all of the sensors are already in place).

The seats in the convertibles get a hard loop for the seatbelt guide, but the coupe's cloth seats have straps?

For the cars without the Auto Stop Start, why didn't they put some other feature's function button there instead of a useless blank spot? It makes it look unfinished.

For manual cars, why are the cup holders alway directly in line with the shifter? Just about anything that gets put in those cup holders becomes an obstacle for comfortable, accurate shifting.

EDIT: I read that this issue was addressed. Looking forward to using the cup holders without having to reach around to shift gears.

Yeah, about the screens. I have no problem with the screens in general.

1. Why do they look just tacked on, instead of integrating them into the dash more seamlessly? Maybe a small brow/hood across the top. It definitely looks like an afterthought.
2. Why was no consideration given to mitigating the excessive amount of reflections in any kind of light (#1 would have helped with this).

The design looks like it was lifted from this car with very few changes:
S650 Mustang Mustang Dark Horse Docu-Film by Savagegeese Incoming. Any Questions? 2023-Ford-Taurus-debuts-in-Middle-East

Why don't the tail lights sequence once then stay on steady when applying the brakes. The sequencers are already in place.

Why is there such a small increase in Horsepower between the GT (480/486) and the Darkhorse (500).

Thank you for the opportunity to ask these questions.

Last edited:

_J¢_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Fusion
Question 1: Was there ever a consideration by the team to make the Darkhorse AWD?

Question 2: What (last minute) changes would they make to further improve the DH?

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Is the DH going to be the defining special trim for the S650, akin to the GT350? I kinda get the feeling it is, since they are emphasizing its ties to the GT3/racing program cars and are releasing a DH R and R+ or whatever.

im also curious as to their response to feedback on the screens and if they plan on cleaning up that mess for the mid cycle refresh. They can stay but at least integrate them into the dash guys.

Tursey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 525
- Any differences between the steering wheel feeling over the S650 GT Performance Pack???

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
Another one:

Why no Flex Fuel to use E85?

OP
OP
Savagegeese Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any camber adjustment from the factory?
If you get the handling pack I believe y
Question 1: Was there ever a consideration by the team to make the Darkhorse AWD?

Question 2: What (last minute) changes would they make to further improve the DH?
the platforms does not accept awd it would of never come up.

honestly the car without revealing too much is exactly what i think the end customers are looking for

OP
OP
Savagegeese Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Biggest one for me.

Why do the manual equipped vehicles not get equipped with some of the most emphasized new features?

1. Remote Rev. (Even if the car is already running).
2. Remote Start. (Especially as most, if not all of the sensors are already in place).

The seats in the convertibles get a hard loop for the seatbelt guide, but the coupe's cloth seats have straps?

For the cars without the Auto Stop Start, why didn't they put some other feature's function button there instead of a useless blank spot? It makes it look unfinished.

For manual cars, why are the cup holders alway directly in line with the shifter? Just about anything that gets put in those cup holders becomes an obstacle for comfortable, accurate shifting.

EDIT: I read that this issue was addressed. Looking forward to using the cup holders without having to reach around to shift gears.

Yeah, about the screens. I have no problem with the screens in general.

1. Why do they look just tacked on, instead of integrating them into the dash more seamlessly? Maybe a small brow/hood across the top. It definitely looks like an afterthought.
2. Why was no consideration given to mitigating the excessive amount of reflections in any kind of light (#1 would have helped with this).

The design looks like it was lifted from this car with very few changes:
2023-Ford-Taurus-debuts-in-Middle-East.jpg

Why don't the tail lights sequence once then stay on steady when applying the brakes. The sequencers are already in place.

Why is there such a small increase in Horsepower between the GT (480/486) and the Darkhorse (500).

Thank you for the opportunity to ask these questions.
I cant answer all these questions but the remote rev and remote start functions come down to liability. If you leave the car in gear remote start or remote rev cause substantial issues. The hp comes down to what is safe/ possible with the 5.0. While in sure/i know the coyote can make more power ford has to balance qdr requirements and emissions. As is the dark horse gets new pistons and cooling solutions that the regular gt doesnt get.

OP
OP
Savagegeese Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is the DH going to be the defining special trim for the S650, akin to the GT350? I kinda get the feeling it is, since they are emphasizing its ties to the GT3/racing program cars and are releasing a DH R and R+ or whatever.

im also curious as to their response to feedback on the screens and if they plan on cleaning up that mess for the mid cycle refresh. They can stay but at least integrate them into the dash guys.
The screens tested well with the vast majority of their customers in clinics. So i doubt they are going anywhere. I think the vast majority of customers and enthusiasts disagree over this tbh.

the dark horse is essentially the mach one replacement. A higher horsepower/ performance trim in the mustang line up that still prioritizes street vs being a track monster

the r and other racing variants are done by a different team and assembled by mulitmatic. The car outside of the naming and bones has little to do with the street cars.

OP
OP
Savagegeese Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another one:

Why no Flex Fuel to use E85?
I cant speak for the team but my assumption is 100 percent emissions related. Also honestly in a high performance application i cant think of a single oem that has used flex fuel. Tbh when trying to meet qdr and emissions for the performance metrics ford is trying to meet i think it would just cause issues.
Sponsored