• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
I think it is suppose to help the air flow out of the hood during higher speeds to prevent hood lift and help pull out hot air.
yeah..but doesn't it face forward...meaning it's pushing air INTO the engine bay? If it was facing the other way, I get that...
Looks like I was seeing it the wrong way...yep, heat extractor.
Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Yes hopefully. I am wondering how they achieve the 5.4L though. If itā€™s through just bore that would be really nice, especially if it bolts to the coyote heads.

It may be a 5.2L block with a stroker kit. There are already stroker kits available for the 5.2 block that can make it 5.4-5.5L. Would still be cool coming from factory but I am hoping for a new block that works with current gen coyote heads.
This was supposed to be a 5.5 liter and it was reported as such for a very long time. Maybe the 5.4 was decided on for nostalgia? Regardless, the information provide was incorrect.

It was also rumored that MAYBE another Flat-Plane attempt would happen BUT, abandoned the 5.2 for a 5.0 or, if we are lucky, a modern 289 that spins to 9000rpmā¤ā¤ā¤ā¤ā¤

CrackedHorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Mustang GT/CS
Maybe Iā€™m mentally unstable but can ford make a 3.5 ecoboost in the mustang too please? Theyā€™ve already took the mustang name in vain in the mach-e so maybe four doors awd? Hatch? Maybe just bring back the rs
I am with you on this. I gave up hope years ago, though. It would compete with the coyote.

Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback PP Manual
Hey guys... It's good to be back.. 4 years since I sold my S550 as a result of adivorce and have pre-ordered the S650 this week. (ALthough it's more like an expression of interest with a deposit). Have heard of an oil cooler coming on the new Gen4 Coyote but unable to determine if it's for all GT's, PP or DH only? Anyone got anything on that?

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Any info on rev limit for the new Dark Horse with these engine upgrades???
Sounds like a new Boss with forged rods, crank and upgraded cams
sorry to reply to a 2 month old message, but the redline might be upped to 7500rpm
i cant say this for 100% certain and it's based off info that only one person has said (65sohc on Mustang6G), but i read that Ford puts a 600RPM buffer between redline and the limiter, and it looks like the tachometer on the S650 goes to 9000 instead of the current 8000, which would really only make sense if it was possible to get over 8k without hitting a limiter
plus, in marketing and the videos reviewers have put out, the redline is at 7500 for a GT (except in the Foxbody gauges for some reason?? probably pre-production stuff)
S650 Mustang Gen 4 Coyote 5.0L V8 Specs & Photos (S650 Mustang) 1667973774296
S650 Mustang Gen 4 Coyote 5.0L V8 Specs & Photos (S650 Mustang) 1667974366879

weird foxbody exception
S650 Mustang Gen 4 Coyote 5.0L V8 Specs & Photos (S650 Mustang) 1667974274774

Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback PP Manual
Is anyone else excited by the potential space at the front of the engine if after market CAI's were installed. The bulky OEM air boxes and phlenums would give up heaps of space. I imagine the twin turbo fan club would be pretty excited. (Dependent on the tuning ability). From memory and I'm just too lazy to look the surge tank at least has been set back... Maybe radiator shroud a little smaller? I'm just going off first impressions and havent compared it but it looks like there is a lot more space front and centre... (my last one was a 2016 so they mave changed a bit sicne then)

S650 Mustang Gen 4 Coyote 5.0L V8 Specs & Photos (S650 Mustang) 2022-09-16 (3) copy

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Is anyone else excited by the potential space at the front of the engine if after market CAI's were installed. The bulky OEM air boxes and phlenums would give up heaps of space. I imagine the twin turbo fan club would be pretty excited. (Dependent on the tuning ability). From memory and I'm just too lazy to look the surge tank at least has been set back... Maybe radiator shroud a little smaller? I'm just going off first impressions and havent compared it but it looks like there is a lot more space front and centre... (my last one was a 2016 so they mave changed a bit sicne then)

2022-09-16 (3) copy.jpg
Excited for the top mount twin turbo kits lmao

jreyes24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford mustang gt2017
Sadly the ECU is gonna be locked. We are gonna have to wait for at least 3 years(the c8 corvette's ECU is still not unlocked except for one company) to tune the new mustang.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Sadly the ECU is gonna be locked. We are gonna have to wait for at least 3 years(the c8 corvette's ECU is still not unlocked except for one company) to tune the new mustang.
Aftermarket ecus have been popular for the mustang. I think we will see people do ecu swaps.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
sorry to reply to a 2 month old message, but the redline might be upped to 7500rpm
i cant say this for 100% certain and it's based off info that only one person has said (65sohc on Mustang6G), but i read that Ford puts a 600RPM buffer between redline and the limiter, and it looks like the tachometer on the S650 goes to 9000 instead of the current 8000, which would really only make sense if it was possible to get over 8k without hitting a limiter
plus, in marketing and the videos reviewers have put out, the redline is at 7500 for a GT (except in the Foxbody gauges for some reason?? probably pre-production stuff)
1667973774296.png
1667974366879.png

weird foxbody exception
1667974274774.png
The redline is already 7500 for the gen 3, and i wouldnā€™t expect it to go to much higher because of emissions and the fact you would have to give something up in the powerband else where. There is no free lunch.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Aftermarket ecus have been popular for the mustang. I think we will see people do ecu swaps.
Ecu swaps arenā€™t that easy because a lot of the time, you lose something as a result, or you have to re program basic crap like the dash knowing what to do. So no i donā€™t believe ecus swaps cheaply are going to be a thing. And as long as get carb legal tuning from the big boys who cares, the real issue is the high horsepower guys that wanna do it for a reasonable price like you can do currently. Those days are over with the gen 4 so basically youā€™re going to see a lot of stock or just tuned gen 4 and guys with 100k in a mustang

going forward

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
No itā€™s not theyā€™re all 7500 this is the same old argument from the boss 302 days when ford couldnā€™t get the specs right

A308C3FB-5367-4788-86F7-D7885E281584.jpeg
if you wanna go with what the documentation says, go ahead
i'm going to go with what the vehicle itself says
Sponsored