• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Gen 4 coyote odd things to note

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Honda Civic EX; 14' Honda VFR800 DLX
The Mustang gt doesn’t have it, it’s gotta be related to peak power and something in the drive line they don’t trust. If it was 100 rpm like 7400 who cares but 250rpm it’s a lot especially when you’re tracking the car
How high is the GT's fuel cut? Is it 7500 as well?

EDIT: Yeah, just double checked. 7500 for both. So the DH with the Tremec is neutered. Makes perfect sense. /s
Sponsored

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I noticed that Carlos Lago was using the shift lights in the car and there was a line on the tach at the highest setting (7250 RPM). I wonder if it’s a weird software glitch associated with the shift light setting? Maybe that’s wishful thinking…

I asked about the soft limiter in the SavageGeese thread but never got an update.

OP
OP

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I noticed that Carlos Lago was using the shift lights in the car and there was a line on the tach at the highest setting (7250 RPM). I wonder if it’s a weird software glitch associated with the shift light setting? Maybe that’s wishful thinking…

I asked about the soft limiter in the SavageGeese thread but never got an update.
We won’t know till people start getting the cars but yeah it’s seems the limiter is true

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
With all the extra coolers and so on.....the DH in my opinion is not a drag race car- even the extra aero is going to slow it down- the ZL1 non 1LE is faster than the ZL1 1LE in a drag race due to all the aero

Think of DRS in F1 - but with the Dark Horse you cant open DRS

If I wanted a drag race car- stripped down GT with 10speed- actually if I wanted a drag race car I would buy an S550 until someone figures out the computer on the S650 - because right now no tuning outside of what Ford approves

I have taken my 350 to the 1/8 mile strip and it is a horrible drag car (just went for fun with friends)

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
i mean, the GT350, GT350R, GT350 GT4, Dark Horse, Dark Horse R, GT4, and GT3 should be enough to tell you what ford is wanting out of the S550/650, and it aint a drag car. i do wonder if its a soft limiter or just an optimal shift point marker though? if it were a marker it would make sense to lower it below the actual limit to allow for reacion times and maximise the torque/hp curve for actual track use, but well just have to wait and see what comes of it.

RBGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT Premium, 6 spd
Where did you see that the DH has a 200-300lb weight increase over the PP GT?
Power to weight ratio of the DH is lower than the GT with AE.

One advantage is the 3l73 rear axle and the fact that the rear tires are 26.4inches. - 315 30 19

Takes the effective rear axle to 3.812
Sponsored