• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
7,250 RPM? How often are people at 7,000+ RPM? That's always been my beef with the 5.0. The TOP end power is great, but from 1,000 RPM to 4,000 RPM where people normally drive it's nothing special. In fact, at those engine speeds I can't even tell it's different from the old 4.6 3V, or a 5.7L Hemi, or any other engine that's been on the market for decades.

This is also the reason that the A10 is the ONLY trans to go with. The MT82 HATES high RPM shifting and that makes the top end power of the 5.0 useless.
Non-issue with a Barton/MGW or even just the Blowfish bracket.

Unless you're setting up to drag race or it's a PDK, automatic is never the answer.
Sponsored

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Who cares about top speed? You cannot drive 168mph in the states or anywhere else in the world anyway.

Even here in Germany you can theoretically drive that speed because we have the best highways in the world with no speed restrictions :D But still you don't drive it all the time.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
7,250 RPM? How often are people at 7,000+ RPM? That's always been my beef with the 5.0. The TOP end power is great, but from 1,000 RPM to 4,000 RPM where people normally drive it's nothing special. In fact, at those engine speeds I can't even tell it's different from the old 4.6 3V, or a 5.7L Hemi, or any other engine that's been on the market for decades.

This is also the reason that the A10 is the ONLY trans to go with. The MT82 HATES high RPM shifting and that makes the top end power of the 5.0 useless.
You really need to speak for yourself regarding the mt82, most of us that have the mt-82 D4 have no issues with high RPM shifting

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Screenshot_2023-04-18-10-15-24-96_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

500hp @ 5000rpm would be 525.199 torque which cannot be right.

500hp @ 7250rpm would be 362.206 torque which is way more reasonable.

It's simple math which is why I'm confused Ford is saying 500@5k. It has to be a placeholder until the release the full numbers.
You're doing too much here with actual math (JK). When you put some thought into it, then consider which is more likely, the car is under-rated, or its a typo....its a typo.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
In one ride along with one engineer he mentioned peak power at 4000 something rpm but he did not remember exact figure.

In another ride along with another engineer he mentioned peak power at 5000 something rpm

So seems to be somewhere around 5000k most likely

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In one ride along with one engineer he mentioned peak power at 4000 something rpm but he did not remember exact figure.

In another ride along with another engineer he mentioned peak power at 5000 something rpm
It's hard to believe that if the gen 4 is nothing more than what they've said it is. I get that's possible. Peak power at those RPMs is pushrod territory.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
It's hard to believe that if the gen 4 is nothing more than what they've said it is. I get that's possible. Peak power at those RPMs is pushrod territory.
Yeah that for sure be a different characteristic.

Think both vids was from the ride alongs in NY.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazman I believe you that you heard that and that you're just sharing what they said. I'm just saying I don't understand it is all.

Last edited:

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazman I believe you that you heard that and that you're just sharing what they said. I'm just saying I don't understand it is all.
Could it be due to lower emissions/get better efficiency?

Rag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550
They played the numbers game in the 70's for a reason, might today be in same boat, under rate it so the insurance industry doesn't price the insurance to the moon.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
1 yr/10,000 mi oil changes?
I take this as a general statement from Ford, but yes.

The 6G cars use an Oil Life Monitor system to determine when to change the oil. I expect the 7G to to use a like feature. The Monitor uses a variety of factors to determine remaining oil life, including number of drives, range of drives, conditions while driving, etc. Even if sitting, the Monitor ticks down 1.92% a week and reaches 0% life remaining at the end of one year.

In the 2022 Owners Manual, it says to expect to change the oil at a minimum of once a year, 7,000 - 10,000 mi / 11,000 - 16,000 km. Drivers who track or operate in extreme conditions will change oil much more frequently than those under normal conditions. Low mileage drivers can expect to change oil only once a year.

More detail is in the manual, including how conditions and driving can impact when to expect to change the oil. I'd think the S650 Manual should will show similar language. You can monitor remaining oil life via the Ford Pass App. The car also gives informational messages over time, so the owner can prepare for an upcoming oil change.

Last edited:

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
It’s a shame i just came across this but I’ll give my thoughts
1) 13mm camshafts interesting because the gen 3s had 14mm like the gt350s, so it’s possible they’ve significantly updated the cams
2) intake and valve sizes carry over from gen 3
3) it’s definitely based on the previous gen 3 mustang engines vs the f150 engine that’s currently available, an engineer did confirm this a few months back
4) they’re making a big big deal over the duel induction system, and yes they’re are benefits to having two throttle bodies. Because now they can flatten the tq curve without having to mess around with valve timing or other means. You can actually modify intake pressure on the fly and this has a lot of benefits. It would be interesting to see someone throw this intake on a previous gen coyote just to see what kinda gains with worth back to back. I’d also love to see a cut away and how much air it moves

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
They played the numbers game in the 70's for a reason, might today be in same boat, under rate it so the insurance industry doesn't price the insurance to the moon.
They don’t really care about insurance like that anymore it’s usually about sandbagging because either they know our fuel sucks, emissions targets and or because they can do it. The Germans are infamous for sandbagging numbers

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Those are the same as the gen 3, And if the other things listed on here are true the valve size is also same but the cams have less lift than the gen 3.
Yes they do with is very very interesting, I’d like to see the cams specs. What’s the circle base, ramp rates, duration etc

sounds like they’re going after a much flatter powerband
Sponsored