• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Yes hopefully. I am wondering how they achieve the 5.4L though. If it’s through just bore that would be really nice, especially if it bolts to the coyote heads.

It may be a 5.2L block with a stroker kit. There are already stroker kits available for the 5.2 block that can make it 5.4-5.5L. Would still be cool coming from factory but I am hoping for a new block that works with current gen coyote heads.
I doubt they increased the stroke significantly because piston speed is a real problem on the mod engines once you hit that magical 5.4 number. They probably made an updated block for the race car to increase bore spacing. Unless they’re using some titanium connecting rod I’d be surprised if they just increased the stroke, that would make it under square
Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.LEDandSafety.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

Knuckle66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang EcoBoost, 21013 F150 Lariat
I know this is a stupid question but what is a GT3?

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I know this is a stupid question but what is a GT3?
Basically, race cars that have to be made into road-legal versions for consumer purchase.

Idk the anything else, google it haha

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT 500 PP, Past'13 GT500,98 GT,'92 LX 5.0 5spd
No more prop rod!!

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT 500 PP, Past'13 GT500,98 GT,'92 LX 5.0 5spd
They just want to sell twice as many air filters 😄

Also the DH probably just has a higher flow intake setup.
The dual intakes and 4 into 1 headers is where most of that increase to 500hp is coming from.

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Personally I think Nissan had better implementation of the dual intake concept with the throttle bodies on opposite sides of the intake manifold on the VQ HR engines. This way the incoming air from each intake doesn't get disturbed by the other, like it might with the Gen 4 Coyote design. I'm going to assume packaging/cost constraints prevented them from doing this. And who knows, maybe Ford's CFD models showed that the Nissan style setup wasn't worth it.

VQ37HR for reference

S650 Mustang Gen 4 Coyote 5.0L V8 Specs & Photos (S650 Mustang) Nissan-VQ37VHR-Engine-Problems-1024x683

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Ecoboost "Maggie"
S650 Mustang Gen 4 Coyote 5.0L V8 Specs & Photos (S650 Mustang) 2022-09-16 (3) copy

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
Okay, going to ask the elephant in the room question.
When I first saw the louvers in the hood, I was under the assumption that it was trying to do a mild "ram air" type of situation, where that cold air was going to be going into the engine.

Now that I have seen the setup, all those louvers seem to do is push air into the engine bay. Why are they not trying to extract hot hair from the engine bay? It seems that this would just lower the efficiency of their cooling system as it puts more pressure behind the radiator. Do these hood louvers actually do anything, or it is just a "rule of cool" situation?

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Okay, going to ask the elephant in the room question.
When I first saw the louvers in the hood, I was under the assumption that it was trying to do a mild "ram air" type of situation, where that cold air was going to be going into the engine.

Now that I have seen the setup, all those louvers seem to do is push air into the engine bay. Why are they not trying to extract hot hair from the engine bay? It seems that this would just lower the efficiency of their cooling system as it puts more pressure behind the radiator. Do these hood louvers actually do anything, or it is just a "rule of cool" situation?
I think it is suppose to help the air flow out of the hood during higher speeds to prevent hood lift and help pull out hot air.
Sponsored