• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

brianjh20

Threads
Reaction score
I'm hoping for 8,000 rpm. The 5.4 is interesting. The gt3 cars require homologation but they only need to build 20 cars is the info I found
Sponsored

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I'm hoping for 8,000 rpm. The 5.4 is interesting. The gt3 cars require homologation but they only need to build 20 cars is the info I found
8,000 rpm factory coyote would be nice. It means you may be able to upgrade the previous-gen coyotes to that rpm and power level safely. If the gen 4 coyote intake manifold is a big improvement I am sure someone will make a kit to swap it onto the older cars.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.LEDandSafety.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Honestly no idea why they upgraded the rods. I think it may be more of a marketing decision than anything, but we will see, maybe the rods actually help the engine.

I expect the rev limit to atleast be what the gen3 has, but unfortunately no info on how high it might rev.

I don’t think the dark horse will rev higher than the GT, but I hope I am wrong.
Possibly lighter rods to allow more RPM?

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.LEDandSafety.com
Vehicle(s)
Gen 3 can hit 8,000, but not a 8,000 redline.

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Camaro ZL1 (prev. 2019 Mustang GT; 2025?)
Is there anything about this Gen 4 engine to make us think it won't have the infamous "tick" (that most think is a defect) in the 5.0?

Tpen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 own none mustang and focus rs fanboy
Maybe I’m mentally unstable but can ford make a 3.5 ecoboost in the mustang too please? They’ve already took the mustang name in vain in the mach-e so maybe four doors awd? Hatch? Maybe just bring back the rs

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.LEDandSafety.com
Vehicle(s)
Is there anything about this Gen 4 engine to make us think it won't have the infamous "tick" (that most think is a defect) in the 5.0?
What tick, I don't have any tick.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
So far no. We will have to wait till Ford gives a full breakdown of the engine and any changes.

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Camaro ZL1 (prev. 2019 Mustang GT; 2025?)
So far no. We will have to wait till Ford gives a full breakdown of the engine and any changes.
That's really my only hesitation - otherwise, I'll likely buy one.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
That's really my only hesitation - otherwise, I'll likely buy one.
The coyote tick has not been correlated to anything wrong with the engine. Nearly every coyote has it.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Darkhorse will have upgraded connecting rods and upgraded cams. Sounds like the normal GT will not have upgraded rods.
They’re probably going to retain the current boss 302 sinster rods which go back to the gen 2s

the 5.2 rods are a good bit beefer

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Fair point. I should say a more potent, hotter version.
With one key difference it’s not a small production variant like the boss or gt350 excluding the fact the gt350/500 was hand built. What really slowed them down was the CNC heads it took 2-3 hours per head. Which for a mass production vehicle isn’t cost effective. Which is why the dark horse is so interesting they’ve gone about it in different direction, and i would be surprised if they push the redline a bit higher with the better cams
Sponsored