• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ford Motor Company (Member) has been quiet

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
@marcekb and @dfwford no manufacturer is going to get in deep with customers on a platform they don't own. Not to mention in a public forum. It is unwise to do so. It is not their job and they are not instructed to do so. They are to identify people with cars that have warranty related issues and MD them on the side asking for the pertinent information. Thinking that they don't answer questions of your choosing on the site doesn't qualify as them "not doing their job." Periodically they will like posts or make positive comments on positive posts, and that my friends is just good marketing. They are a marketing arm and not the people that can actually fix your vehicle. There is a good chance they don't even work for Ford directly and are contract workers with a third party company. I think you have made assumptions of what their job is, which isn't correct.

In the future anyone that has an issue can message the Ford rep on here directly and they will ask for the specifics and then will assist you. It isn't a bad option and basically does the same thing as calling Ford. I have seen this process work well and it keeps the peace between the customer, the dealer,. and Ford. Everyone works in the same direction. I personally like this method. I have used it as a Ford customer, and been involved both as a former Ford dealer employee and a as a former Ford employee.

You have two other options.

2. Call Ford direct when a dealer isn't meting your needs and explain your situation (800) 392-3673. This takes more effort on your part than using the DM on this site but is effective.

3. Ask your service department manager to get a Ford representative involved. that may take a bit longer as they have 30 plus dealers they visit and it may be between a few weeks to a month before they stop back by. FWIW, if you threaten a lawsuit, all efforts will stop by all parties and they will refer it to legal. All work on your vehicle comes to a stop. Choose your words carefully. That resolution may be best for you, but it wont make it faster, I can guarantee that.
Calling Ford direct is also ineffective. They don't know anymore than anyone else. If they do they've been instructed to say things like, I understand your frustration, thank you for being part of the Ford family, I will direct your input to proper channels, I'm sorry you feel that way, blah, blah, blah. They were all knowing at launch, now they know nothing.
Sponsored

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Calling Ford direct is also ineffective. They don't know anymore than anyone else. If they do they've been instructed to say things like, I understand your frustration, thank you for being part of the Ford family, I will direct your input to proper channels, I'm sorry you feel that way, blah, blah, blah. They were all knowing at launch, now they know nothing.
It is effective. I have personally seen payments made by Ford, payments pushed back, goodwill for customer pay repairs (just outside of warranty), etc.. The customer has more leverage than the dealer does in most cases. You don't have to threaten, just come prepared, ask for legitimate compensation in regards to your issue.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Kind of silly. This is precisely their job, and they aren't even responding to legitimate questions. They can ignore the trolls, but by ignoring everyone they are only reinforcing the dysfunctionality you reference.

I doubt that very much. If they aren't here for the easy questions when they said they would be, there's little chance they'll be here for the hard stuff.

This is easier to believe.
I've personally had repairs done because the forum ford rep reached out to the dealership on my behalf. They will help with the issues that they can, but they don't have time for everyone's random questions and complaints.

Imagine managing several dozen private message chains at a time, on top of being tagged in various threads for things you have no control of or insight into

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
I've personally had repairs done because the forum ford rep reached out to the dealership on my behalf. They will help with the issues that they can, but they don't have time for everyone's random questions and complaints.

Imagine managing several dozen private message chains at a time, on top of being tagged in various threads for things you have no control of or insight into
Yep, I'm sure that happens, although again the premise of this thread was that they haven't engaged at all lately. Not that they have avoided the trolls or couldn't handle the volume, but they have been quiet lately.

And THEY made the offer. They can say if they are unable to meet the demand (remember it's a team just like customer service, which should be built to handle the volume when they offer a service). But they haven't engaged lately.

I'm not contending against them, but it sure seems like people want to defend them when 1) that's not the premise of this thread (the premise was not an attack on Ford), and 2) they can speak for themselves, ironically the very point of this thread.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is effective. I have personally seen payments made by Ford, payments pushed back, goodwill for customer pay repairs (just outside of warranty), etc.. The customer has more leverage than the dealer does in most cases. You don't have to threaten, just come prepared, ask for legitimate compensation in regards to your issue.
It is not effective regarding the 2024 Mustang, which is what I commented about. I have no accounts through Ford, never will. I couldn’t care less about payments being moved, all I want to know is where is my fucking car that’s supposedly been “produced” since 6/12. Who said anything about threatening? You comment doesn’t reflect anything about what I said. Ford has been less than forthcoming regarding anything related to this model year.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, I'm sure that happens, although again the premise of this thread was that they haven't engaged at all lately. Not that they have avoided the trolls or couldn't handle the volume, but they have been quiet lately.

And THEY made the offer. They can say if they are unable to meet the demand (remember it's a team just like customer service, which should be built to handle the volume when they offer a service). But they haven't engaged lately.

I'm not contending against them, but it sure seems like people want to defend them when 1) that's not the premise of this thread (the premise was not an attack on Ford), and 2) they can speak for themselves, ironically the very point of this thread.
Goodlettjr must be a Ford rep. He makes up a scenario no one was talking about to defend Ford.

OP
OP
budman00000

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z
It is not effective regarding the 2024 Mustang, which is what I commented about. I have no accounts through Ford, never will. I couldn’t care less about payments being moved, all I want to know is where is my fucking car that’s supposedly been “produced” since 6/12. Who said anything about threatening? You comment doesn’t reflect anything about what I said. Ford has been less than forthcoming regarding anything related to this model year.
I have to agree, they joined the forum, they offered to be asked questions.

OP
OP
budman00000

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I am talking about when people have a problem with the actual vehicle. Some people like to threaten a lawsuit, or such. That eliminates all paths that aren't through lawyers. If you want to kick, scream, and cuss a little, feel free. Doesn't hurt my feelings. đź‘Ť

Goodlettjr must be a Ford rep. He makes up a scenario no one was talking about to defend Ford.
I used to be a ford rep for 8 years. Left in 2014. I am not defending, but giving general advice to those that have an actual problem with their vehicle once they get it. You should turn your sensitivity knob down a bit. 🎛 We are all waiting on our cars just like you.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am talking about when people have a problem with the actual vehicle. Some people like to threaten a lawsuit, or such. That eliminates all paths that aren't through lawyers. If you want to kick, scream, and cuss a little, feel free. Doesn't hurt my feelings. đź‘Ť

I used to be a ford rep for 8 years. Left in 2014. I am not defending, but giving general advice to those that have an actual problem with their vehicle once they get it. You should turn your sensitivity knob down a bit. 🎛 We are all waiting on our cars just like you.
You’re the only one talking about that scenario though Ford boy. This thread has been about Ford chiming in saying they were here to answer questions, then you start ranting about imaginary problems and such. Turn you ford defense knob down a click or two and comment on the actual content of the thread.

Last edited:

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
FWIW when I sent them a DM a few months back they did respond quickly. Can't comment on anything past March. I don't think anyone who we can touch has any information about production and shipment. It sucks, but that's the way it seems to be. I do agree that communicating with customers is the way to go, and it has been lacking as a general principle it seems.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
i mean to be fair, they did explicitly state they were looking in the DMs.

Knuckle66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang EcoBoost, 21013 F150 Lariat
How does one find these guys? I have a 2020 Eco with a security alarm issue that has yet to be resolved. The local Ford dealer has done some stuff, but nothing has fixed the problem and now it's radio silence. I called the other day and left a message and still nothing.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
How does one find these guys? I have a 2020 Eco with a security alarm issue that has yet to be resolved. The local Ford dealer has done some stuff, but nothing has fixed the problem and now it's radio silence. I called the other day and left a message and still nothing.
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this alarm concern. Thanks!
Sponsored