• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ford Motor Company: On Your Left!

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
Hi, @Ford Motor Company ! I actually have a curiosity question regarding exterior paints. What determines which paint colors stay or go for the model year?

(Personally I'd love to see Gotta Have It Green or Red Lava on the S650, although if I could have any color it'd be a Medium Emerald Metallic hue, just light enough to where no one would have to guess if the car is green or black in bright sunlight.)

Have a nice day!
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Inside pass?….Glad to see at least the appearance of factory interest.
They will be there when the cars are on the road and you report an issue, to tell you to contact them about it.
THAT IS IT...

I bet they are not even here right now, that was just a place-holder, them picking their name for later.

Ford does NOT care about us at this stage

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD: 2016 Mustang V6
Dear Ford and Mr. Farley,

looks like your current 2024 Mustang sales have very low take on the V8 GT with the manual 6-speed tranny. How about improving those sale numbers by providing the Tremec manual as an option on the 2024-V8-GT?

Why should I have to purchase a limited production Dark Horse that is allocated to 1 or 2 units per dealer to get a good manual transmission and pay a large ADM over MSRP on top of that purchase?

If my limited vehicle gets into an accident or is stolen I will not be able to get the new identical vehicle again ever due to the silly allocation distribution to dealers!! I think I would have a much better chance getting the same V8-GT since that model is not production limited. BTW- speaking of DH why can't you offer option to have the same color choices for purchase as those defined for the GT?

I know Mr. Farley that you are a passionate race car driver and have driven many sports cars with manual gear box on a race track so you must know what a good manual gear box is all about, so why not use the Tremec instead of the marginal MT82 in the V8-GT Mustang?? Now that Dodge and Chevy are not Mustang competitors, I am sure Tremec would be happy to become exclusive tranny supplier for Ford.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
I received some great news from Ford yesterday in the form of an email.

"Your Ford Mustang is waiting. Come get it.

Now's the fun part. Owning one.

Now that you know the ins and outs of the all-new 2024 Ford Mustang, how about putting one in your driveway?"

Thank you, Ford. I've been trying to put one in my driveway since I ordered mine on 3/28. As a side note, I knew many of the "ins and outs" when I ordered it.

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Dear Ford and Mr. Farley,

looks like your current 2024 Mustang sales have very low take on the V8 GT with the manual 6-speed tranny. How about improving those sale numbers by providing the Tremec manual as an option on the 2024-V8-GT?

Why should I have to purchase a limited production Dark Horse that is allocated to 1 or 2 units per dealer to get a good manual transmission and pay a large ADM over MSRP on top of that purchase?

If my limited vehicle gets into an accident or is stolen I will not be able to get the new identical vehicle again ever due to the silly allocation distribution to dealers!! I think I would have a much better chance getting the same V8-GT since that model is not production limited. BTW- speaking of DH why can't you offer option to have the same color choices for purchase as those defined for the GT?

I know Mr. Farley that you are a passionate race car driver and have driven many sports cars with manual gear box on a race track so you must know what a good manual gear box is all about, so why not use the Tremec instead of the marginal MT82 in the V8-GT Mustang?? Now that Dodge and Chevy are not Mustang competitors, I am sure Tremec would be happy to become exclusive tranny supplier for Ford.
The reason why is because ford wants to create more interest with the dh. Without the tremec as a unique option the dh is more or less a regular gt with visual changes, more power, and a better handling upgrade. They also want you to she'll out big bucks for more profit.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
The reason why is because ford wants to create more interest with the dh. Without the tremec as a unique option the dh is more or less a regular gt with visual changes, more power, and a better handling upgrade. They also want you to she'll out big bucks for more profit.
But then make the dark horse easer to get. I spend a year attempting to get a Mach 1 but because of the part shortage and the order book being closed, I couldn't order one. There was one on the lot but not put together the way I wanted. I got lucky and found a dealer with 10 allocated but 4 already sold by the time I got there. I am sure there are more who want one but because the order book is full, can't get one.

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium, Carbonized Gray
Hello! Greetings to all Ford Mustang enthusiasts!

Ford Motor Company here. We're thrilled to be joining the conversation. We will be monitoring our inbox and assisting you with any needs regarding your Ford Mustang. Don't hesitate to reach out to us via private message. We look forward to joining you on this forum!

-Ford Motor Company Social Media Team
Ship. The. Cars.

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But then make the dark horse easer to get. I spend a year attempting to get a Mach 1 but because of the part shortage and the order book being closed, I couldn't order one. There was one on the lot but not put together the way I wanted. I got lucky and found a dealer with 10 allocated but 4 already sold by the time I got there. I am sure there are more who want one but because the order book is full, can't get one.
I had the same experience and could not get one in color I wanted, because the ford dealers in my area were all ordering only black, white or FJT gray cars with 10 to20K ADMS. I am sure many of the forum members here that wanted to purchase one had similar experience. The other joke is that fully loaded V8GT with 10speed auto is almost identical to the 10speed Auto - DH car.

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To: Jim F.
Hi Jim, who decides on what colors will be available for the Mustang vehicles and can they add more color choices for the 2025 DH model please? All the dealers around me have the Vapor Blue color or the black and some of these dark shades of color that on a cloudy day look almost invisible to other drivers. I care about safety and would like to see lighter colors such that other drivers of large SUVs like the Expedition do not hit me. Please consider adding other colors even as extra price option for 2025 model year of the DH model. Thank you!

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
To: Jim F.
Hi Jim, who decides on what colors will be available for the Mustang vehicles and can they add more color choices for the 2025 DH model please? All the dealers around me have the Vapor Blue color or the black and some of these dark shades of color that on a cloudy day look almost invisible to other drivers. I care about safety and would like to see lighter colors such that other drivers of large SUVs like the Expedition do not hit me. Please consider adding other colors even as extra price option for 2025 model year of the DH model. Thank you!
Jim Farley doesn't manage the account, Ford's social media team do. unfortunately, what they are able to do is limited, and might top out at making GCCT cases. you might be better off directly e-mailing Jim instead

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
I love all of these old sperms in here just straight up writing letters to Jim Farley. LOL
if you actually print it out, put it in an envelope and addressed to him (and director of customer relations) and put a 34cent stamp on it, they do actually read them. Well, their media secretaries. do. At least in some companies that actually give a damn. I don't put Ford in that category, however.

DanDanNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EB Fastback, 2022 Explorer Timberline
Great to see factory representation on board. I've had a few Fords starting in 1976, current buy makes #23.
Sponsored