• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Silence From @Ford Motor Company

zee_g7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A6
Dark Horse I understand. I ordered the GT. Never heard from Ford. It finally went into production over two months ago but it's been stuck there. Every time I contact Ford, it's "a couple of weeks".

I've only owned Honda and VW / Audi (well, and Hyundai). It's my first foray into Ford and I haven't been impressed so far.

There are dozens of cars around me and people who ordered well after me have gotten their vehicles.
Sponsored

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Look at it this way. Ford was considering terminating the Mustang line again but with EV sales crashing and a high demand for the gas Mustang, this may be the only money maker they have with the name Mustang on it. Things could be a lot worst if they didn't have the work for the assembly line.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram
Last edited:
OP
OP
Darkness24

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram
Thanks for the info! Has the performance pkg but still very tempting! About 3 1/2 hours away. Might consider this as an option.
If you do consider it you could play them against the blue ember manual at Shults Ford as suggested by @Lidsoff, the two dealers are about 45 minutes apart. Even if you have no intention of buying the manual.

mabcim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64.5 Mustang Conv, ‘22 Maverick, ‘23 Escape
FWIW - 19 is the default priority all retail orders get. Starting this year, dealers can actually assign down to a 3. However, the numbers only matter for orders within a dealership. If they make all orders 19, then they all have an equal chance of being picked up. If one dealer has an order at 10 and another dealer has one at 19. The 19 at the second dealer could easily get built before the 10 at the first dealership. Totally depends on the allocations a dealer has.
Now that is for normal cars. For custom/limited models, which I understand the DH falls under, the dealership is told when their allocation is made available, and the dealership tells Ford which order to build; assuming the build has no current constraints, of course,
Most dealers are only getting 1 or 2 DH allocations for the model year, which is -18 month run; through Fall of ‘24. Which means it is possible a dealer’s allocation won’t come up until mid ’24.

OP
OP
Darkness24

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
Thanks for the info @mabcin Dealer told me they have 2 allocations & I am number 1. Put the deposit on it 1 week after the Dark Horse was revealed. Figured it would be built & delivered by now. LOL!
Sponsored