• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ford Motor Company (Member) has been quiet

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z
Has anyone heard a peep from the Ford Motor Company member that joined the forum? They have been very quiet, or I have missed their comments.
Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
They welcome people in the introduce yourself thread. That's about it.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
They welcome people in the introduce yourself thread. That's about it.
They also said they'd answer questions and such, but I haven't seen them answer anyone who asked (but I probably haven't seen all the asks either). They set the expectation and then...? Still looking forward to the car, though. Eye on the prize. 😉

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
They also said they'd answer questions and such, but I haven't seen them answer anyone who asked (but I probably haven't seen all the asks either). They set the expectation and then...? Still looking forward to the car, though. Eye on the prize. 😉
I have asked a ques or two. They have gone unanswered. They were tagged too.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
IDK what Ford Marketing is budgeted towards and promoting, but it is not the Mustang. :frown: Other businesses and services are generally quite responsive when a question is posted towards them. :like: :clap:

OP
OP
budman00000

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z
IDK what Ford Marketing is budgeted towards and promoting, but it is not the Mustang. :frown: Other businesses and services are generally quite responsive when a question is posted towards them. :like: :clap:
GM does a much better job communicating with their customers on the status of their orders..

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Has anyone heard a peep from the Ford Motor Company member that joined the forum? They have been very quiet, or I have missed their comments.
Can't really blame them honestly, because a good chunk of the posts here are people complaining about how long it's taking to get their vehicles and how dysfunctional Ford is.

Delusions of grandeur and all (and I'm sure the lowly-paid CSR / Admin. Asst. who manages the account isn't paid nearly enough to deal with our "negativity" on a constant basis)...

Trust and believe though, they'll be plenty active when people start posting pics/videos of how happy they are with their brand new Ponies. 😜

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
They are on here as a presence (once you own the vehicle) and will ask you to DM them the dealer or case number when you are talking about a service / warranty issue. It is about customer satisfaction of ownership. Not for tracking orders.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't really blame them honestly, because a good chunk of the posts here are people complaining about how long it's taking to get their vehicles and how dysfunctional Ford is.
Kind of silly. This is precisely their job, and they aren't even responding to legitimate questions. They can ignore the trolls, but by ignoring everyone they are only reinforcing the dysfunctionality you reference.

They are on here as a presence (once you own the vehicle) and will ask you to DM them the dealer or case number when you are talking about a service / warranty issue. It is about customer satisfaction of ownership. Not for tracking orders.
I doubt that very much. If they aren't here for the easy questions when they said they would be, there's little chance they'll be here for the hard stuff.

Trust and believe though, they'll be plenty active when people start posting pics/videos of how happy they are with their brand new Ponies. 😜
This is easier to believe.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kind of silly. This is precisely their job, and they aren't even responding to legitimate questions. They can ignore the trolls, but by ignoring everyone they are only reinforcing the dysfunctionality you reference.
Indeed.

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
@marcekb and @dfwford no manufacturer is going to get in deep with customers on a platform they don't own. Not to mention in a public forum. It is unwise to do so. It is not their job and they are not instructed to do so. They are to identify people with cars that have warranty related issues and MD them on the side asking for the pertinent information. Thinking that they don't answer questions of your choosing on the site doesn't qualify as them "not doing their job." Periodically they will like posts or make positive comments on positive posts, and that my friends is just good marketing. They are a marketing arm and not the people that can actually fix your vehicle. There is a good chance they don't even work for Ford directly and are contract workers with a third party company. I think you have made assumptions of what their job is, which isn't correct.

In the future anyone that has an issue can message the Ford rep on here directly and they will ask for the specifics and then will assist you. It isn't a bad option and basically does the same thing as calling Ford. I have seen this process work well and it keeps the peace between the customer, the dealer,. and Ford. Everyone works in the same direction. I personally like this method. I have used it as a Ford customer, and been involved both as a former Ford dealer employee and a as a former Ford employee.

You have two other options.

2. Call Ford direct when a dealer isn't meting your needs and explain your situation (800) 392-3673. This takes more effort on your part than using the DM on this site but is effective.

3. Ask your service department manager to get a Ford representative involved. that may take a bit longer as they have 30 plus dealers they visit and it may be between a few weeks to a month before they stop back by. FWIW, if you threaten a lawsuit, all efforts will stop by all parties and they will refer it to legal. All work on your vehicle comes to a stop. Choose your words carefully. That resolution may be best for you, but it wont make it faster, I can guarantee that.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@marcekb and @dfwford no manufacturer is going to get in deep with customers on a platform they don't own. Not to mention in a public forum. It is unwise to do so. It is not their job and they are not instructed to do so. They are to identify people with cars that have warranty related issues and MD them on the side asking for the pertinent information. Thinking that they don't answer questions of your choosing on the site doesn't qualify as them "not doing their job." Periodically they will like posts or make positive comments on positive posts, and that my friends is just good marketing. They are a marketing arm and not the people that can actually fix your vehicle. There is a good chance they don't even work for Ford directly and are contract workers with a third party company. I think you have made assumptions of what their job is, which isn't correct.
Respectfully, you're the ones who's making assumptions, as I don't even disagree with anything you're saying.

My point is that the way they're going about it is simply poor optics and whatever they were hoping to achieve is having the opposite effect, which Ford obviously is not concerned about. And yes, it's well within their right as such a big company has plenty of other customers besides those few on here who might become disgruntled. But I'm not going to defend it nor justify it either.

And FYI, I work in Automotive *AND* I worked for Ford's CSD in the past.

Last edited:

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you have made assumptions of what their job is, which isn't correct.
Really? See below.

Hello! Greetings to all Ford Mustang enthusiasts!

Ford Motor Company here. We're thrilled to be joining the conversation. We will be monitoring our inbox and assisting you with any needs regarding your Ford Mustang. Don't hesitate to reach out to us via private message. We look forward to joining you on this forum!

-Ford Motor Company Social Media Team
This message came from them. No assumptions. "...any needs..."

You sounded very authoritative above, but maybe better they speak for themselves.

For the record, I'm fine if they say what they are here to do, and do what they say. I don't need to worry about conjecture over what anyone thinks they are here for. And so far, after some initial response to others on this forum, they went quiet and haven't engaged how you or they said they would. That was the reason for the OPs post, and it's legit.

I'll still bet @dfwford is right about them chiming in more when people start talking about their fun cars, which is great too.
Sponsored