• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

First oil change...what a pain in the ass šŸ˜†

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
@roadpilot..Thats how to maximize manfacturing profits.
Letā€™s call it $2.00 a quart. They arenā€™t using Motorcraft on first fill. Multiply that by 10,000 cars. $20K. Not worth the labor on 10 warrantable engine repairs averaging 2K of labor and parts each. Manufacturing yes, but major $ loss compared to the $ gain.
Sponsored

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
That's assuming engine failures which probably won't happen. Early engines fail from defects or poor assembly. Not from a quart low oil. Bet anyway they can cut corners to save they will. I also would think most dealers would not add the quart even though I hope they would.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
That's assuming engine failures which probably won't happen. Early engines fail from defects or poor assembly. Not from a quart low oil. Bet anyway they can cut corners to save they will. I also would think most dealers would not add the quart even though I hope they would.
You must be a blast at parties and to hang out with ... šŸ™„

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
Only 8.5 Qts drained. Did that include the oil in the filter?
I believe the Oil Cooler takes 1 Quart plus the Oil Filter takes 1 Quart.

SSuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Grabber Blue, 2007 Mustang
Next time mine is off, I am gouing to measure andd cut a trapdoor in the shape of a "U" for filter access, then drill holes and secure it with zip ties. The ran plug is at the rear and accessible without removing the tray.
Use the synthetic oil of your choice, but I've used these filterson all my Mustangs, FL-820S...

S650 Mustang First oil change...what a pain in the ass šŸ˜† 1711287396181-rb

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I've used these filterson all my Mustangs, FL-820S...
Curious, is the 820S installed on the engine now? Gen4 is a new engine, I know. On the Gen3 and in the M1, the 820S would not fit due to clearance issues; it was too wide.

SSuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It fits for sure, and is bigger and heavier than the FL-500.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
The ran plug is at the rear and accessible without removing the tray.
I've read without removing the cover, oil will drain onto the cover and then you've got a real big mess.:frown:

C.A.R.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I intend to tell the dealer to remove the tray when he changes the oil. The service department tells me they are unaware of the openings behind the tires in the front wheel wells, so I'm not confident they will know the correct procedures for oil changes. Has anyone else had an oil change at a dealership? Did they remove the cover?

SSuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We've done numerous oil changes on these in my service dept, and the cover has come off of all of them. The techs don't like it any more than we do!

Supra Killer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Fusion, '24 Mustang GT
I counted 37 (7mm) bolts and 4 plastic clips.

C.A.R.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
That is a lot of fasteners. I can understand why the techs don't like it. I hope Ford will do a correction; possibly cut a hole in the pan with a closeable door. Thanks for your response.

SSuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None of our products have a trap door, but none of them have more than a handful; of bolts either!

GrabberHawk24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
Every vehicle I have changed oil in the last few years have been a P.I.T.A.!!! It's like it's a F'N contest with the engineers...Let's find the most screwed up place to put the drain plug an the filter. Then...lets put a crossmember and a pan under them just to F with their minds!

24BlueStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost
Every vehicle I have changed oil in the last few years have been a P.I.T.A.!!! It's like it's a F'N contest with the engineers...Let's find the most screwed up place to put the drain plug an the filter. Then...lets put a crossmember and a pan under them just to F with their minds!
I swear itā€™s how the engineers get paid. How fkd up can they make it to work on the more money they make. I deal with this daily and it just gets worse and worse!
Sponsored