• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

First oil change -- what mileage are you doing it at?

JS1951

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, hayabusa
Very robust oil. It sheared a bunch. Looks like 5W20. It's good you changed oil.
Sponsored

JS1951

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, hayabusa
Interesting It says these cars have an Intelligent Oil-Life Monitor. I don't recall reading this on my s650 manual

Your vehicle has an Intelligent Oil-Life Monitor that determines when you should change the engine oil based on how you use your vehicle. By using several important factors in its calculations, the monitor helps reduce the cost of owning your vehicle and reduces environmental waste at the same time.

This means you do not have to remember to change the oil on a mileage-based schedule. Your vehicle lets you know when an oil change is due by displaying a message in the information display.

1693331498416.png
Interesting It says these cars have an Intelligent Oil-Life Monitor. I don't recall reading this on my s650 manual

Your vehicle has an Intelligent Oil-Life Monitor that determines when you should change the engine oil based on how you use your vehicle. By using several important factors in its calculations, the monitor helps reduce the cost of owning your vehicle and reduces environmental waste at the same time.

This means you do not have to remember to change the oil on a mileage-based schedule. Your vehicle lets you know when an oil change is due by displaying a message in the information display.

1693331498416.png
Wonder why engine breaking reduces the oil change interval?