• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Farley: 2024 Mustangs Begin Shipping Next Week! - 13,000 U.S. Orders So Far (67% V8 Take Rate)

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
For better or worse, they have among the highest profit margins in the industry. Their recent price cuts took them down a bit, but still in top 5. This infographic is only for EVs, not all cars :-

Tesla_Profit_Margins.jpeg

Profit margins by companies. I wasn't able to find a list by brands: Top automakers by operating margin (companiesmarketcap.com)
if we're going off of profit margins then Tesla still isnt the top, Ford over the past decade had a margin of 10-13,000 per F150 sold, which alone accountes for everything tesla sells. and thats not even that crazy, Porsches margins are 18-20k per car

bloominguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
What about if you work a nightshift?

Well, first theyll ask then theyll demand, then theyll outlaw.
Whether you agree with the principle or not, remember how they treated the mask mandate.
Finally an easy question. You'll file an OSHA complaint against your employer for unsafe working conditions, until they get free EV charging at work. I mean, come on, how could you be expected to work at a place where you can't charge your EV for free??

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Finally an easy question. You'll file an OSHA complaint against your employer for unsafe working conditions, until they get free EV charging at work. I mean, come on, how could you be expected to work at a place where you can't charge your EV for free??
Better yet, let the American people decide for themselves what they want to drive! People are NOT going to be buying EV’s if they don’t like or want them, they are not as good for the environment as they try making you believe they are, and What do you think people are going to do, destroy their ICE cars? This whole EV Is plain ridiculous.

bloominguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Better yet, let the American people decide for themselves what they want to drive! People are NOT going to be buying EV’s if they don’t like or want them, they are not as good for the environment as they try making you believe they are, and What do you think people are going to do, destroy their ICE cars? This whole EV Is plain ridiculous.
I agree. I was being sarcastic, obviously. I've worked at companies in California that trip all over themselves to see how many EV chargers (free to employees) they can install. It's a thing.

Also, the talk in this thread about California not having enough power to charge EVs as they force EVs down people's throats is missing the point a little bit. California is pursuing policies that will compromise their grid *regardless* of the adoption (forced or not) of EVs. Yeah, the EVs make it worse, but it is not the move to EVs that is killing their grid. They would have problems anyway, EVs are not the root cause here.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm trying to buy, and encouraging others (especially family members) to buy, fun cars with V8 engines and/or manual transmissions while they still can. Unfortunately, while the government and manufacturers are pushing EVs, the market is singing a different tune. The cars I want all have long waiting lists, many have ADM, and I'm not talking about super expensive exclusive cars.