• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
It’s not about the skill being useless or not, it’s how much more fun it is. But only us people that can drive a stick know what it’s like. We understand that those that can’t are missing out and that’s ok.
It's describing not driving stick as "missing out" that's the issue, implying that one is better than the other (I know it's not intentional, but it does come across as pretentious). Driving stick is not required to own a Mustang and you can have plenty of fun without it.

But yes, I agree, to each his/her own.
Sponsored

Last edited:

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I'm 57, about to turn 58 this year. I've owned Mustangs since I was 18 yrs old and all were manuals. Until my 2020 GT500 I had never owned a Mustang with an automatic transmission. When I traded the car I bought a 2022 FJG Mach1 with the Tremec 6 speed. was it fun to drive...yes. But, I have a neuromuscular condition and it affects my left leg worse causing fatigue holding the clutch in during stop and go traffic. So, as much as I love a manual car I opted for the automatic.

Last edited:

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
It's describing not driving stick as "missing out" that's the issue, implying that one is better than the other (I know it's not intentional, but it does come across as pretentious). Driving stick is not required to own a Mustang and you can have plenty of fun without it.

But yes, I agree, to each his/her own.
If by "missing out" you mean missing out on driving manual is stop and go Los Angeles traffic and busy streets then I guess I will be missing out since I got an A10.

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
i knew it was a good idea to bail on Blue Ember, i mainly did it due to the abundance of blue and save a bit of money, but its a little extra bonus that now i'm not part of the 39% of dark horses that are that color
It's inevitable, new color on a first year generation model change.

Especially, as it is "Exclusive" to the Dark Horse. Not to mention, Ford reps mentioned Blue Ember in just about every discussion about the Dark Horse.

Rdw401

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I bought my first car in 1970 and it was stick. I learned to drive it on the way home. The car was an old Volvo I bought for $160 and I couldn’t find an automatic in my price range. I just ordered a DH with auto. Faster and less tiring than a stick in stop and go traffic.
Sponsored