• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Actually, it wasn't but about 25 years ago that manual was the base transmission, and automatic was an upgrade. Most of us coming if age in the 90s and back learned on a manual. My first car had a manual. Yes, I wanted to learn, but also couldn't afford a car with an auto.

I ordered a manual this time purely for fun. I know it's slower and gets lower mileage. I don't care. It's about the experience of driving. To me, a manual enhances the driving experience.
I have three reasons for wanting a manual.
1. They are fun to drive and you feel more connected with the car.
2. Autos and I tend to disagree. I have eyes and can better predict which gear I want to be in. This is useful not only for acceleration but when I am using engine braking on long downgrades. Even though I live in the Rockies, my last set of brakes went 170,000 miles because the engine did most of the braking. Down shift a gear or two and set the cruse control then you're set until you hit the bottom of the grade.
3. Manuals require less maintenance. Maybe change the oil at about 100,000 miles where autos need more frequent servicing. They also tended to require band adjustments and other servicing. Maybe they have gotten better about that but a manual is one less thing to worry about.
Sponsored

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
I have three reasons for wanting a manual.
1. They are fun to drive and you feel more connected with the car.
2. Autos and I tend to disagree. I have eyes and can better predict which gear I want to be in. This is useful not only for acceleration but when I am using engine braking on long downgrades. Even though I live in the Rockies, my last set of brakes went 170,000 miles because the engine did most of the braking. Down shift a gear or two and set the cruse control then you're set until you hit the bottom of the grade.
3. Manuals require less maintenance. Maybe change the oil at about 100,000 miles where autos need more frequent servicing. They also tended to require band adjustments and other servicing. Maybe they have gotten better about that but a manual is one less thing to worry about.
Just finished a 5200 mile trip with the family in 2017 Ford Expedition. Dallas, TX to SF, CA to Grants Point, OR, to Yosemite, to Monterey, CA back to Dallas. So many grades and curvy roads through mountains, I think I drove that in "M" and used the thumb gear switch more than in auto. I did choose manual in my DH order, but not because of the terrain as there are no mountains in Dallas.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Its ok, I mean no hate or disrespect. Just my observation.
I hear you. It's just that we never know who could be reading our posts.

He and Sarah do a good job providing us with a lot of detailed information internal to FoMoCo and dealers that we otherwise wouldn't be privy to as customers.

And given that I don't believe they're paid for their time/effort to film their videos (other than whatever ad revenue or sponsorship deals they get from YouTube), the risk with being too critical is that it might discourage them from filming more videos in the future.

Also, bear in mind they're communicating things from the dealership perspective. If the information given to them by Ford is wrong and/or incomplete, it will be garbage in + garbage out through no fault of their own.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Some interesting things ive found on the specs page. The horsepower for the Dark Horse is at 7,250 RPM. First time i have seen confirmation of that. Also, the curb weights have been listed, looks like a slight increase across the board.
2024 ratings
1688143746450.png

1688143919055.png
2023 for comparison
1688143827904.png

2024 weights
1688143755496.png

2023s:
1688143769961.png
this makes a lot more sense than the "500 HP @ 5000 RPM" Ford lists in ESourceBook
where did you find this?

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse

Japeatr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang DH; '13 F-150; '20 Exped; '05 CobaltSS
the whole reason i wanted Blue Ember was it was a Dark Horse exclusive color. which meant if anyone saw it, there was no mistaking it being the DH.

The Mach had the same in the Fighter Jet Grey color and I would have gone that direction if I bought a 2023.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
The people that didn't order manuals probably drive automatics 😤😤
how dare you! i'll have you know i dont even have a transmission! direct drive all the time!

xmustangx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT
Ordered an Vapor Blue Base GT with a 6 speed. NO OPTIONS at all.
1. Factory wheels are DOODOO, Changing them anyway.
2. Putting coilovers on, so down with magnaride.
3. I am a bare bones kinda guy so Interior isn't that important to me.
4. No active exhaust for me gonna go headers back anyway.
5. PERSONALIZATION

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z
The people that didn't order manuals probably drive automatics 😤😤
Well not totally true. Yes I ordered an automatic, but I also have a 350z 6-speed, when I want to feel the thrill of shifting, now and then..

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
Agreed.

It's also true that most folks don't know how to drive a stick shift (myself included).

But in today's age, it's kind of a useless skill to have as automatic transmissions have been standard in vehicles now for over 50 years. It would be like one bragging about their ability to use a typewriter.
It’s not about the skill being useless or not, it’s how much more fun it is. But only us people that can drive a stick know what it’s like. We understand that those that can’t are missing out and that’s ok.
Sponsored