• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I really don't get it why some people who want a manual berate those that didn't order one. Let see. They go to work, earn their own money, buy what they want with their own money. That happens to be mostly automatic transmissions. So be it. Dot get mad because someone decided not to buy a manual with their own money. Your cause isn't theirs to save.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Back in the foxbody days manuals were flat out faster than AOD cars… by a pretty significant margin and with basic H/C/I … so much damn fun… I get it(and still have one)

but today… nowadays?? … 10R80 hands down no question.. and it outperforms the stick cars by a much wider margin than in the old days.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
I still don't understand why black is so popular
I agree, but I bought one anyway. Harder to keep clean. Not a cop magnet, or I'd have gone for red for sure. A color that will always be classy. Very sharp, especially with tinted windows.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I really don't get it why some people who want a manual berate those that didn't order one. Let see. They go to work, earn their own money, buy what they want with their own money. That happens to be mostly automatic transmissions. So be it. Dot get mad because someone decided not to buy a manual with their own money. Your cause isn't theirs to save.
False sense of superiority
a. thinking it’s an advanced skill when literally anyone with a license could pick it up if given the appropriate basic education, time, and instruction, likely within minutes​
b. knowing that they’re in an extremely small minority of drivers that elects to drive manual over auto​
c. having outdated views on the current landscape of automated transmissions (efficiency, shift speed, shift response, performance)​

Likely their entire personality too

“what’s your favorite color?”

“I drive a manual”

I agree, but I bought one anyway. Harder to keep clean. Not a cop magnet, or I'd have gone for red for sure. A color that will always be classy. Very sharp, especially with tinted windows.
I think it’s a rite of passage to own at least one black car to understand what peak anguish feels like after cleaning the thing for an hour only to have it look like it went through a hundred mile road trip after a few hours

My first car was black, never again 😭

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
I think it’s a rite of passage to own at least one black car to understand what peak anguish feels like after cleaning your car for an hour only to have it look like it went through a hundred mile road trip after a few hours

True, but... Ceramic makes life so much nicer with a black car! ...but true.

My current Mustang is also black. Ceramic. 😉

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I find this kind of funny, only because a surprising number of people went with the most conventional color options available for the GT / EcoBoost. I would think if you're placing a custom order, you would be seeking something a bit more exotic.

But I guess it can also make sense to the extent that you don't want to stand out to the police with a magnet for speeding tickets...

Last edited:

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Agreed.

It's also true that most folks don't know how to drive a stick shift (myself included).

But in today's age, it's kind of a useless skill to have as automatic transmissions have been standard in vehicles now for over 50 years. It would be like one bragging about their ability to use a typewriter.

GrabberBlueFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali, Expedition EL, Durango
i knew it was a good idea to bail on Blue Ember, i mainly did it due to the abundance of blue and save a bit of money, but its a little extra bonus that now i'm not part of the 39% of dark horses that are that color
Yeah. I hope I don’t kick myself for my wife and kids talking me into the BE when I wanted the grabber blue (No shock there). All in-person reviews rave about the BE, but the pics and videos so far are underwhelming to me. Fingers crossed!

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Agreed.

It's also true that most folks don't know how to drive a stick shift (myself included).

But in today's age, it's kind of a useless skill to have as automatic transmissions have been standard in vehicles now for over 50 years. It would be like one bragging about their ability to use a typewriter.
Actually, it wasn't but about 25 years ago that manual was the base transmission, and automatic was an upgrade. Most of us coming if age in the 90s and back learned on a manual. My first car had a manual. Yes, I wanted to learn, but also couldn't afford a car with an auto.

I ordered a manual this time purely for fun. I know it's slower and gets lower mileage. I don't care. It's about the experience of driving. To me, a manual enhances the driving experience.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
I was surprised to hear how high the nite pony package rate is, AND how low the bronze package rate is.

JeffNEOhio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT
Actually, it wasn't but about 25 years ago that manual was the base transmission, and automatic was an upgrade. Most of us coming if age in the 90s and back learned on a manual. My first car had a manual. Yes, I wanted to learn, but also couldn't afford a car with an auto.

I ordered a manual this time purely for fun. I know it's slower and gets lower mileage. I don't care. It's about the experience of driving. To me, a manual enhances the driving experience.
I agree with the manual being more fun to drive. I ordered a 1994 Mustang GT with an automatic transmission. It's my only regret with the car. My 2016 Focus ST can be more fun to drive! Looking forward to the bump in HP on the 2024 Mustang GT with the manual!

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
I debated so much on changing to Race Red for my Dark Horse, but I guess I'm staying with Blue Ember and the other AP tweaks to interior.

Gotta keep my price protection, too 😅 if I change, it will cost me $1000 vs keeping my order as is and "saving" $2250 over the current pricing

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer ST, 2001 Avalon
I couldn't care less about manual (being a manual owner). I just want to control when the thing shifts. Whether that's with hand & foot or by pulling a paddle, doesn't matter to me. I'm also terrible at heel-toe; rev match helps but pulling a paddle is just easier and faster.

My wife's Explorer ST is a lot of fun to drive but I can't stand it when I hit the gas pedal and there's a small delay followed by a poorly timed downshift followed by an abrupt acceleration......but then I remember I just need to put it in manual mode and problem solved.

I'm surprised only 22% are getting the performance package. I guess people like horsepower but don't care about stopping fast or powering our of corners without massive understeer.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
I'm surprised only 22% are getting the performance package. I guess people like horsepower but don't care about stopping fast or powering our of corners without massive understeer.
Speaking for just myself…. The whole point of having a 5.0 mustang IS for the understeer 😆

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer ST, 2001 Avalon
Speaking for just myself…. The whole point of having a 5.0 mustang IS for the understeer 😆
I think you mean oversteer. Oversteer is sideways fun. Understeer is just boring and slow
Sponsored